ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 159 of 190
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:52 AM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That's pretty common and not much of an issue, IMO. It's fun and exciting when your city's team is on a Championship run.

I remember when Orlando was decent back in 2009/2010. There was a buzz in the city. You'd go downtown on a game night and there'd be massive watch parties and shit. It was a cool experience.
Yeah I remember when Orlando had a crazy loud crowd during the 90s. It's never been the same. Even when they were good during the Dwight Howard era it was never quite the same. And since then they've built a brand new arena and have yet to put a good team in there in 10 years. But that's about to change I think...
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:56 AM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Yeah I remember when Orlando had a crazy loud crowd during the 90s. It's never been the same. Even when they were good during the Dwight Howard era it was never quite the same. And since then they've built a brand new arena and have yet to put a good team in there in 10 years. But that's about to change I think...
In the mid 90's you couldn't go to any clothing store in KC without finding Orlando Magic gear. They were that popular. I still think their blue pinstripe jersey is the best in NBA history. The white and black pinstripe jerseys were also terrific. Now they wear trash jerseys like everyone else.

It feels like NBA teams deliberately wear the ugliest jerseys now. No color coordination, no difference between home/away, 10 jerseys per team (all of them ugly). The league has totally lost its fashion sense.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:58 AM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
I've not watched the Suns for a couple of years. I'm not a band wagon fan, I'm a disenfranchised fan. Sarver has been a CRAPPY owner since forever and this time captured lightning in a bottle in his hire of James Jones and Monty Williams. I have no guilt in not supporting a team that's been a joke for the past decade. IMO didn't deserve much support.
I understand. Bandwagon fans are people from other areas who never gave a team a second thought before they were good. I'm in Oklahoma, so several of these people who I'm seeing decked out in Suns stuff I could've sworn were wearing OKC Durant jerseys five years back.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:06 AM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
In the mid 90's you couldn't go to any clothing store in KC without finding Orlando Magic gear. They were that popular. I still think their blue pinstripe jersey is the best in NBA history. The white and black pinstripe jerseys were also terrific. Now they wear trash jerseys like everyone else.

It feels like NBA teams deliberately wear the ugliest jerseys now. No color coordination, no difference between home/away, 10 jerseys per team (all of them ugly). The league has totally lost its fashion sense.
That's totally true. Orlando should totally go back to their old logo and pinstriped jerseys. Why they ever changed....I do not know.

Along with the uniform fashion sense, the SHOE fashion sense has gone out the window. I've said it before, but basketball shoe designs now look like gay easter eggs.
[Reply]
eDave 11:22 AM 07-09-2021
If Phoenix is any sort of sports town, it's a basketball town for sure.

Maybe baseball in the spring.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:30 AM 07-09-2021

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:32 AM 07-09-2021
It's a shame Penny got hurt. He was so fun to watch. Him and Shaq were an awesome duo. Much more likeable than Shaq and Overrated Turd Kobe.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:33 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:

Now THAT is a jersey.

As opposed to this:

[Reply]
BWillie 12:57 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I've sure noticed a lot of Suns fans are whistling out of the woodwork around my town lately. There are people I've known for a long time that have never even mentioned basketball, let alone the Phoenix Suns, all of a sudden walking around like

and driving around like

Welcome to 2014 & 2015 in Kansas City for the Royals.

80% of the fans from 2000 to 2013 didn't even know any players on the team. Nobody gave a shit for years and years and years.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:00 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Welcome to 2014 & 2015 in Kansas City for the Royals.

80% of the fans from 2000 to 2013 didn't even know any players on the team. Nobody gave a shit for years and years and years.
Do you blame them? I've been a diehard Chiefs fan since 1993. I screamed at the TV even during the 2-14 and 4-12 seasons we endured. Watched every game and wanted them to win. That said, I forgive anyone, myself included, for being a bandwagon Royals fan. Missing the playoffs for 29 years is inexcusable in any sport. Even if only 8 teams were allowed into the playoffs that shouldn't happen. I have even less patience for the Royals since they won the World Series and have reverted back to crap. They remind me of "Flowers for Algernon".
[Reply]
BWillie 01:09 PM 07-09-2021
Do you blame them? I've been a diehard Chiefs fan since 1993. I screamed at the TV even during the 2-14 and 4-12 seasons we endured. Watched every game and wanted them to win. That said, I forgive anyone, myself included, for being a bandwagon Royals fan. Missing the playoffs for 29 years is inexcusable in any sport. Even if only 8 teams were allowed into the playoffs that shouldn't happen. I have even less patience for the Royals since they won the World Series and have reverted back to crap. They remind me of "Flowers for Algernon".
Not really - but I've always been a die hard Royals, Chiefs, Jayhawks fan regardless of if they were good or not. I did not even know one good season of existence of Royals in my life time until 2014 and I still followed them and knew the players.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:09 PM 07-09-2021
IIRC, before the Royals' first playoff run, the Chiefs and Royals were something like 100th and 103rd out of 104 "big 4" sports franchise in terms of most recent playoff victory.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:16 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
IIRC, before the Royals' first playoff run, the Chiefs and Royals were something like 100th and 103rd out of 104 "big 4" sports franchise in terms of most recent playoff victory.
That may be so but people still gave a shit about the Chiefs. Even when they sucked and through the Herm years people actually knew alot of the players and paid attention. Not so for the Royals. This city completely was disinterested with the Royals for almost two decades.
[Reply]
TribalElder 01:26 PM 07-09-2021

[Reply]
eDave 01:31 PM 07-09-2021
It looks like the entire arena is looking at the camera/fight. LOL
[Reply]
Page 159 of 190
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169 > Last »
Up