ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 39
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>In case anyone hadn't decided on the KC Star yet
DJ's left nut 06:57 AM 07-12-2019
They're doubling down and hiding behind an 'editorial board' byline so nobody has to put their name on this shit.

https://amp.kansascity.com/opinion/e...mpression=true

Originally Posted by :
Now that the full 11-minute recording of Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill and his now former fiancee, Crystal Espinal, talking about violence in their relationship has been aired, many fans are saying wow, this changes everything.

It does? That Hill, who didn’t know Espinal was taping him, denies ever hitting her or their son in what he thought was a private conversation is neither surprising nor exculpatory.

Abusers typically tell not only the police but friends, family, therapists, priests and even themselves they’ve never done anything wrong.

And if anything, the fact that Hill now says he didn’t hit punch or choke Espinal in 2014 makes him look worse rather than better. He pleaded guilty to those charges, publicly apologized, went through extensive therapy and declared himself reformed after probation. If he’s now back to saying that none of this ever happened, that’s not just a lie but a worrying one.

“I didn’t touch you in 2014,” he says on the tape. “And put that on everything I love, bro. That’s the real truth.”

That Espinal isn’t screaming at him that no, it’s not the truth, real or otherwise, is taken by some supporters as proof that he is innocent.

But why a woman who has been injured by him before and he’s threatening to hurt again might not do that should be obvious.

When she instead repeatedly asks him where her bruises came from if he never hit her, he doesn’t answer because there isn’t an answer that he likes well enough to repeat.

On Thursday, Espinal filed a petition in Johnson County seeking a paternity test for their newborn twins. She has full custody of them — they live with her — and she is asking for child support and only supervised visits for Hill. Her lawyer in the matter is legal counsel for SAFEHOME, a Johnson County group that supports survivors of domestic violence.

The NFL, meanwhile, seems ready to let Hill off with a brief suspension because the legal case against him isn’t going anywhere, but these things are still true:

Hill’s son was removed from his home after a child abuse investigation was launched. The Johnson County district attorney said the 3-year-old child had been hurt, but he didn’t have enough proof to prosecute.

On the tape, we heard Hill threaten the mother of his children with physical violence: “You need to be scared of me, too, dumb bitch.” He berates and belittles, calls her “bro” and “bitch” and of course, claims she ruined his life.

Denial of all wrongdoing is so standard in abuse cases that just a look at Thursday’s Star provides other examples, including that of Scott Hacker, the now former Parkville police officer charged with domestic violence after allegedly shooting his gun inside his home, throwing the woman who called 911 onto the couch, grabbing her by the throat and blaming her for “ending his career” by calling for help. Both before and after the cops arrived, he said he hadn’t shot the gun or touched her. But oops: A security camera in the living room apparently recorded the assault.

What Espinal was trying to get was the audio equivalent of that video.

If the NFL lets Hill back on the field this season, it will send the message that making threats and showing you’ve learned nothing from probation is no real problem, as long as you can run fast enough. The help he needs is not more denial, but just the opposite.

To the rest of you who are intent on seeing Hill as the victim, KCTV as a villain for not immediately releasing the full tape, and Espinal as a “manipulator” for wanting evidence to back her up in court, we could suggest some reading on the well-researched subject of abuse. But why, when you seem to prefer not to know?

[Reply]
Simply Red 04:12 PM 07-12-2019
how funny is it that between 10-15% of the posters here were refugees from the KC Star board & that now, a lot are telling them to GF themselves? That should tell that institution what the people think of their outfit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:14 PM 07-12-2019
:-):-):-):-)

[Reply]
-King- 04:20 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Don't. Fucking. Care.

Giving him a click is giving his corporate overlords a click.

He should be as dead to you as the rest of 'em are.
I don't ever read the star so Im already boycotting without doing anything, but you don't see the irony in posting their article and link in the OP and then complaining about giving them links?

That's been the most ironic thing about this. If people stopped linking their tweets and articles, they'd be less inclined to write stupid shit and they'd see their already down numbers go even lower. This whole thing has probably raised their numbers and given them even more reason to come out with articles such as the ones in the OP.

The star is already dying. Everytime an article is linked here or a tweet is linked or Everytime people respond to them, they get a little bit more life.

It's like the people who complain about SAUTO in the Tyreek threads yet always bring him up even when he's not online. You're just playing into their hands.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:26 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
how funny is it that between 10-15% of the posters here were refugees from the KC Star board & that now, a lot are telling them to GF themselves? That should tell that institution what the people think of their outfit.
The Star board censored my post asking about approval of cannibalism in an emergency. It was a legitimate question.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:27 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
I don't ever read the star so Im already boycotting without doing anything, but you don't see the irony in posting their article and link in the OP and then complaining about giving them links?

That's been the most ironic thing about this. If people stopped linking their tweets and articles, they'd be less inclined to write stupid shit and they'd see their already down numbers go even lower. This whole thing has probably raised their numbers and given them even more reason to come out with articles such as the ones in the OP.

The star is already dying. Everytime an article is linked here or a tweet is linked or Everytime people respond to them, they get a little bit more life.

It's like the people who complain about SAUTO in the Tyreek threads yet always bring him up even when he's not online. You're just playing into their hands.
That's why I posted the whole article - because most people won't bother with the link. As I noted previously, I NEVER post entire articles as I believe authors deserve their clicks by and large. I definitely never post paid content for that same reason.

As for posting the link at all - Kyle asked us years ago that if we post an entire article, to post the link as well. He was concerned that there would be issues with publishers if we didn't. It was unlikely to amount to anything but it's a headache the board doesn't need.

But/for the request of the board administrators/owners, I wouldn't have done that at all. But I'd venture to guess that the link drove very little traffic. And in posting the article here, we've generated enough discussion/frustration to lead to a pretty spectacular ratio on that tweet and perhaps it also further encourage Clay into creating his piece.

And in so doing, more and more people will walk away from the Star entirely.

I think the perfect balance was struck.
[Reply]
FringeNC 04:31 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
If people stopped linking their tweets and articles, they'd be less inclined to write stupid shit and they'd see their already down numbers go even lower. This whole thing has probably raised their numbers and given them even more reason to come out with articles such as the ones in the OP.
This isn't about clicks to the Star. The Star is outraged that we question the narrative they've fed us. Attacking the media, pointing out how TERRIBLE they are, is a tremendous public service. Clicks ain't gonna save the Star and pushing back against this crap WILL cause The Star to lose subscribers and will cause their writers mental anguish.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:34 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The Star board censored my post asking about approval of cannibalism in an emergency. It was a legitimate question.
Note to self: no camping trips with Rain Man ...
[Reply]
Sorce 04:34 PM 07-12-2019
That's why I posted the whole article - because most people won't bother with the link. As I noted previously, I NEVER post entire articles as I believe authors deserve their clicks by and large. I definitely never post paid content for that same reason.

As for posting the link at all - Kyle asked us years ago that if we post an entire article, to post the link as well. He was concerned that there would be issues with publishers if we didn't. It was unlikely to amount to anything but it's a headache the board doesn't need.

But/for the request of the board administrators/owners, I wouldn't have done that at all. But I'd venture to guess that the link drove very little traffic. And in posting the article here, we've generated enough discussion/frustration to lead to a pretty spectacular ratio on that tweet and perhaps it also further encourage Clay into creating his piece.

And in so doing, more and more people will walk away from the Star entirely.

I think the perfect balance was struck.
Use this link. https://outline.com/CXB3n4

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:46 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Note to self: no camping trips with Rain Man ...
Just bring a lot of food and we won't have any issues.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:47 PM 07-12-2019

It's been almost 6 hours since @KCStar editorial board published its Tyreek Hill op-ed.

Not a single sports staffer has linked or RT'd it yet, including @jeff_rosen88, @mellinger, @bepryor, @vgregorian, etc. pic.twitter.com/S7ItYtSu2o

— Don Hillary (@donhillarykc) July 12, 2019

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:51 PM 07-12-2019
I still can't BELIEVE they tried to exonerate KCTV5.

These media fucks in this town are goddamn thick as thieves. If you try to come after one of them, the rest of them act like the goddamn mafia.

Well I got news for you motherfuckers. There's only one mob in this town, and the boss wears a BIG FUCKING RED HELMET!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:01 PM 07-12-2019
So what’s going on with this? A separate discussion somewhere?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:05 PM 07-12-2019
All of 'em should. The whole Star should be cut off at the knees, as should TV5.

The ONLY reason you'd give any of them any access is to make your point even more firmly. You could argue that giving Mellinger and Welniak access after they handled this aftermath better than anyone else in their organizations does more to establish why they got that access than anything.

It's similar to giving a waiter a .01 tip if you're super pissed off. Flat out stiffing someone can be an oversight or a mistake; something that could lead them curious as to the motives. But actively giving them .01 leaves no questions - you're actively telling that person to get ****ed. (Eds note: I was a waiter in HS, I have never done this but a co-worker had it done to her and I knew exactly why).

If you cut off the star, the message is pretty clear. But if you cut off everyone in the sports department except for the one guy that at least made a little effort at walking things back, the message is crystal clear.

But as consumers I still think we tell every last one of them to **** themselves.
What about the people that leave what looks like a $20, but it has bible verses on the other side? Had a gf in college that got one of those beauties.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:14 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
So what’s going on with this? A separate discussion somewhere?
The Star editorial board appears to be a convenient excuse for hardcore libs who usually write about social issues to wail away on Tyreek Hill to satisfy their perverted sense of justice.

It wouldn't surprise me if a single one of the sports staff has a damn thing to do with any of those editorials.

That doesn't exonerate the sports staff, but it does make you feel a tiny bit sorry for them.

There are some real assholes in power at the Star.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 05:20 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Just bring a lot of food and we won't have any issues.
Do you have a bone through your nose?
[Reply]
Page 19 of 39
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up