ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 56
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
staylor26 09:54 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
We need to find the best speed rusher left on the market or that we can move up in the draft to get.

I head Dee Ford is a free agent. :-)
That will certainly help and it's ideal, but let's be real, OBJ struggled against guys like Arden Key. Charles Omenihu will probably give him trouble.
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:54 PM 03-15-2023
Anarumo is going to interrogate tf out of Brown if he hasn't started already. Not that it will make a difference but he will definitely pick Brown's brain.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:54 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by FANATIC:
So Brown stated he gets to stay/play left tackle BLAH BLAH BLAH. Maybe KC wanted him to move back to RT?
So we made him a huge contract offer last offseason to play LT but we don't actually believe in him to play LT anymore? Don't think that's it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:57 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I highly doubt he "took it personal" and then played an entire season with the team, won a SB, and then was determined to leave in free agency because of what happened the prior offseason.
I was talking about this off season

Do you doubt KC would have given him that contract and been happy? So why is he in Cindy?
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 09:57 PM 03-15-2023
So we made him a huge contract offer last offseason to play LT but we don't actually believe in him to play LT anymore? Don't think that's it.
They watched him play last season?
[Reply]
FANATIC 09:59 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:
They watched him play last season?
Exactly. Its just weird Brown would say that. " I get to play left tackle"
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:00 PM 03-15-2023
He's a LT with flaws.

If the SB was indoors on artificial turf...

So yes it would have been nice to sign him to what he is worth.

But our new LT has a higher ceiling for pass blocking.

Let's hope he can successfully transition and we can all bow down to Burt Veach in a downward dog as we show Brown our backside...
[Reply]
RunKC 10:05 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Cincy however just committed alot of money to an average tackle that sucks against speed rushers and they have star contracts inbound.
Their LT is a brokedick that has been on IR twice in 4 years and has had 2 knee injuries in between. He’s literally always hurt.

They just got Orlando for a more than fair price. He’s not even a top 10 highest paid tackle in overall money or APY.

Say what you want but that’s a big bargain for them. Their front office has been very good at finding these types of deals
[Reply]
TEX 10:06 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by jettio:
Orlando Brown Jr. has done pretty good for himself considering the setback from his combine made him a 3rd round pick whose film at OU had him projected higher.

Chiefs were very fortunate that he had ambition to be a left tackle and that he had good enough personal relationships with Ravens that he could be traded when he was not going to be paid much for his 4th season.

Chiefs got Pro Bowl LT play for $10 million per year for 2 seasons.

He signed his franchise tag right away last March and only missed a couple days of training camp.

He came to camp in 2022 at his best weight and kept his fitness up for the whole season.

He played through injury early in the season and even though the chiefs planet crowd graded Brown and Wylie harshly with no regard for what caliber of players they were facing, he had a solid year.

Brown seems to get along well with teammates.

Ravens would not have traded Brown if they knew that Ronnie Stanley would miss almost every snap in 2021, after suffering ankle injury the weekend after signing his mega deal in 2020 and missing rest of 2020, all but a few snaps in 2021 and the first 6 games of 2022.

Apparently, Chiefs pro scouting has graded Jawaan Taylor super high.

Chiefs offer to Taylor says that Brown and his agent were right to call the unrealistically high 6th year in last year's offer to be cosmetic bullshit. Seems like Veach took that to heart and maybe Chiefs will not bother with that bullshit number in final year offer anymore.

Brown is making plenty of money for a 3rd round pick and he has outperformed a lot of players taken before him.

It may be a little humbling to sign a deal that looks like less than the horseshit offer the Chiefs put him front of him last year, but he is still making plenty of money and will be playing for a competitive team with elite players.

Chiefs were lucky as hell to have him for 2 years and I respect that he believed in himself enough to ask out of Baltimore and do it in a way that the Ravens accommodated him without animosity.

Funny to watch the meltdown in this thread badmouthing a guy that showed up to work and met expectations playing a premium position.

If Chiefs are able to beat Bengals in upcoming seasons, there will be a lot of reasons for that ahead of Brown being the Bengals LT and being called poor for making almost a million dollars a game.
Orlando Brown was a turd in KC's system. He was never going to be a good fit. He didnt make the Pro Bowl at LT by his play. It was a joke he got the votes. Im glad he's gone.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:06 PM 03-15-2023
DON'T CLOWN WITH BRETT VEACH!!!! :-)
[Reply]
FANATIC 10:07 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Their LT is a brokedick that has been on IR twice in 4 years and has had 2 knee injuries in between. He’s literally always hurt.

They just got Orlando for a more than fair price. He’s not even a top 10 highest paid tackle in overall money or APY.

Say what you want but that’s a big bargain for them. Their front office has been very good at finding these types of deals
Exactly. Cinn has to feel really good about that deal. KC just needs to stick to their plan.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:12 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
No pressure, Orlando.

This is an area where stats don't always tell the whole story. Burrow is on record as saying he doesn't mind taking a sack, situationally. He'll hold the ball longer to make a play and as long as the situation dictates, he'll take a sack and move on to the next play. Plus, as he gets experience, that will morph as well.

Let's be honest. Burrow already has a metric shit-ton of experience with getting pressured. He's never really had a 'good' Oline. With an average one, in the middle of last season, he was lights out. Brown will be an improvement over Williams at LT, so we'll see if the Bengals throw Jonah over to RT or if they go another way. I'd still be inclined to try and get a guy like Darnell Wright in the draft to play RT. But this gives them more options if they want to go TE then S or CB in the draft.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 10:16 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Because Brown is just a weird motherfucker who has always been a weird motherfucker and is blaming everyone but himself for a series of poor choices he's made.

I've never rooted against him and deep down thought he'd re-sign.

But if 'I want to play KC in the postseason' was really a motivating factor in him signing a deal - I hope this motherfucker gets ass cancer.

What an absolute cunt.
Yep. He's always had this weird entitlement thing and seemed insulted that the league didn't think he was as good as he thought he was. Finally the market set his price and he took it. Fine. But it's not the Chiefs fault that he had to be humiliated before taking a reasonable deal. I'm not happy the Bengals got good value on a decent LT, but I'm not gonna cry over losing a tackle that needed constant help to hold up in pass protection.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:16 PM 03-15-2023
Mahomes made Brown look waaaay better than he really is
[Reply]
Oh Snap 10:17 PM 03-15-2023
I wasn't ever impressed with OBJ. He struggled against speed and power rushers...all the time. Mahomes made him look better by side arming throws and running around the pocket avoiding rushers.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 56
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up