ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 911 of 934
« First < 411811861901907908909910911 912913914915921 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:35 AM 08-13-2023
I enjoy watching these type videos. There's ALWAYS something you can take away that can improve your life, or your line of thinking to be a little more successful.

I you've got an hour to kill:

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:48 PM 08-16-2023
Here's an excellent Q&A with the YieldMax fund manager. You'll leave this with a complete understanding of how they work. One of the biggest takeaway's is it's in their philosophy not to have a deteriorating fund like most dividend stocks. Their strategy is a game changer.

[Reply]
lewdog 07:15 PM 08-16-2023
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Here's an excellent Q&A with the YieldMax fund manager. You'll leave this with a complete understanding of how they work. One of the biggest takeaway's is it's in their philosophy not to have a deteriorating fund like most dividend stocks. Their strategy is a game changer.

What happens when they can’t pay the dividend?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:28 PM 08-16-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
What happens when they can’t pay the dividend?
Watch the video and quit being so ****ing negative.

The YieldMax funds were created for DIVIDENDS.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:41 PM 08-16-2023
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
Bad news: I got laid off last Wednesday. I hadn't even been in the position for six months yet.

Good news: I got an offer letter for a new position today. $5K more than the last one and I still get to work fully remote.
Plus I'm getting 60 days' pay + two weeks' severance so I am basically collecting two paychecks for the month of September.
oh hell yea
[Reply]
lewdog 09:12 PM 08-17-2023
Watch the video and quit being so ****ing negative.

The YieldMax funds were created for DIVIDENDS.
BUT MY DIVIDENDS ARE SO FUCKING SWEET!!!!

#totalreturnsmatter

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:41 AM 08-19-2023
LewDog = The Debbie Downer of Dividends :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:00 PM 08-19-2023
BUT MY DIVIDENDS ARE SO ****ING SWEET!!!!

#totalreturnsmatter

My initial investment of 9991 is now at $8857 Down overall -11.35% TSLY

Buying TSLA with a t 10K investment would now be worth $7846 Down -21%

Through dividend reinvestment my share count went from 592 to 662.

The dividend value returned in two months was $1151.84. More than 10% of the initial investment.

Since TSLA became a huge terd the last 30 days I'm anxiously awaiting the next TSLY dividend announcement. Their low is .44 and high is 1.07
[Reply]
lewdog 12:48 PM 08-19-2023
My initial investment of 9991 is now at $8857 Down overall -11.35% TSLY

Buying TSLA with a t 10K investment would now be worth $7846 Down -21%

Through dividend reinvestment my share count went from 592 to 662.

The dividend value returned in two months was $1151.84. More than 10% of the initial investment.

Since TSLA became a huge terd the last 30 days I'm anxiously awaiting the next TSLY dividend announcement. Their low is .44 and high is 1.07

Here's what I can honestly figure out.

I think something like TSLY works in sideways and maybe slightly down markets, to keep you ahead of the regular TSLA stock as far as total return. Remember, total return is all that matters. I don't give a shit if that's from the stock price or dividends.

However, you will assume much more risk in downside loss in a true bear market with TSLY. Also during a rapid recovery and very bullish pattern, you won't gather the same upside gains that the straight TSLA stock would see and you'll lag returns then.

Just what I can gather from the price action on both.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:02 PM 08-19-2023

I think something like TSLY works in sideways and maybe slightly down markets, to keep you ahead of the regular TSLA stock as far as total return. Remember, total return is all that matters. I don't give a shit if that's from the stock price or dividends.

However, you will assume much more risk in downside loss in a true bear market with TSLY. Also during a rapid recovery and very bullish pattern, you won't gather the same upside gains that the straight TSLA stock would see and you'll lag returns then.

TSLA dropped from 279 to 215 the last 30 days (-22.93%)
TSLY dropped from 16.74 to 13.37 last 30 days (-20.13%)

That amount of drop in 30 days I would think constitute a full Bear market (For TSLA/TSLY) so we will see what the dividend announcement is for September.

edit : Also the fund manager states on the upside if the underlying stock will increase 5% or less during the 30 day period , they can pretty much capture ALL the upside, but when it grows at a faster pace it will lag.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:07 PM 08-19-2023

In theory.

But if valuation theory holds, Tesla is still overpriced. Boring shit like J&J is still underpriced. Fact is sentiment doesn’t always match financial performance.

You’re arguing theory. Hog is arguing historical pricing (sentiment)
[Reply]
lewdog 07:12 AM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
In theory.

But if valuation theory holds, Tesla is still overpriced. Boring shit like J&J is still underpriced. Fact is sentiment doesn’t always match financial performance.

You’re arguing theory. Hog is arguing historical pricing (sentiment)
I'm not comparing anything like that. I'm comparing owning a stock of an actual company against a ticker that spins off huge dividends using a covered call strategy. People continue to underestimate the risk on something like TSLY but I do think it can benefit you in sideways markets.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:14 AM 08-29-2023
You can add my employer to the growing list of corporations cutting staff

Announced a 10% bloodbath yesterday morning. Mostly manager/director level and unfortunately a lot of our analytics teams were let go as budgets shrink

Outside of my boss, a couple peers and a number of others that I've crossed paths with over the years, my role wasn't impacted, but man, survivors guilt is real

Stay safe and well positioned out there
[Reply]
SurroundedByMorons 07:26 AM 08-29-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
You can add my employer to the growing list of corporations cutting staff

Announced a 10% bloodbath yesterday morning. Mostly manager/director level and unfortunately a lot of our analytics teams were let go as budgets shrink

Outside of my boss, a couple peers and a number of others that I've crossed paths with over the years, my role wasn't impacted, but man, survivors guilt is real

Stay safe and well positioned out there
Yeah, it is getting scary out there. I saw farmers insurance announce 11% reduction. You willing to say who your employer is or the industry? My employer (tech) was rumored to cut ~25% this month, local employer T-Mobile just laid off "back office" folks which is code for IT people. I am told the numbers are much higher due to contractors, consultants, etc not being included in the official reduction numbers.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:39 AM 08-29-2023
Hate to hear that.

Tyson is quietly murdering the shit out of things right now. Insiders claim the problem started during the shutdown and they rode the rail all this time trying to get ahead of the issues. Demand, especially for chicken, is really high and it doesn't even matter. New guy has been implemented and is quickly sending them down the road of eliminating the inflated wages and replacing with automation. More locations will be announce as being on the chopping block soon.

I've been surprised at how well the rate hikes have been accepted. That figure is quickly becoming a serious line item on the budget.
[Reply]
Page 911 of 934
« First < 411811861901907908909910911 912913914915921 > Last »
Up