ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 51
« First < 374344454647 48495051 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 Major League Baseball Playoff Repository Thread***
Coach 05:56 PM 10-05-2021

Schedule of the MLB 2021 Playoffs can be found below:
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2...ild-card-game/
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:22 PM 11-02-2021
Fried has pitched really well after getting spiked earlier.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:29 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Does being the best team over the last few months mean you were the “best” team in 2021? I don’t think the argument fundamentally changes because their hot stretch extended to the end of the regular season.
I don't care one way or another, and sure, 88 wins is not amazing by any means... you were just minimizing it to "a couple weeks of crapshoot baseball", which it also wasn't.

I would guess the Cardinals and White Sox were the two worst teams in the playoffs, while not caring so much about a few extra regular season victories (considering the Cardinals were still practically .500 in September and promptly ducked out, and the White Sox doing the same after playing in a division where they were the only team over .500).

The Braves might be next, but again, it wasn't exactly lightning in the bottle for a couple weeks, either.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:36 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I don't care one way or another, and sure, 88 wins is not amazing by any means... you were just minimizing it to "a couple weeks of crapshoot baseball", which it also wasn't.

I would guess the Cardinals and White Sox were the two worst teams in the playoffs, while not caring so much about a few extra regular season victories (considering the Cardinals were still practically .500 in September and promptly ducked out, and the White Sox doing the same after playing in a division where they were the only team over .500).

The Braves might be next, but again, it wasn't exactly lightning in the bottle for a couple weeks, either.
The few weeks was obviously just a reference to the playoffs (where they have by far been the best team).

You could make an argument for the Cardinals and White Sox too (the AL Central in particular was just as bad as the NL East). I still think it’s probably the Braves though.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:37 PM 11-02-2021
I wouldn’t pull Fried throwing a 6 inning shutout in a WS closeout game myself, but that’s baseball in 2021 for you.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:40 PM 11-02-2021
Soler is easily going to be the MVP of this World Series, assuming Atlanta holds on.

He is locked in this series.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:41 PM 11-02-2021
Soler is a dick
[Reply]
eDave 08:42 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Soler is easily going to be the MVP of this World Series, assuming Atlanta holds on.

He is locked in this series.
This game and series is a forgone conclusion at this point.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:44 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Because he sucks at those kinda trades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let's not pretend like the Soler we traded is the same Soler in this WS. He was garbage for KC all year. While he is hot in the WS, it's more of him catching lightning in a bottle than sign of things to come.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:46 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Let's not pretend like the Soler we traded is the same Soler in this WS. He was garbage for KC all year. While he is hot in the WS, it's more of him catching lightning in a bottle than sign of things to come.
Another one of the regression to the mean guys come April.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:47 PM 11-02-2021
Enjoying this baseball game as much as any non-Royals game in a long time.

I wanted Atlanta to win at home in front of their own fans and have the Commish present the trophy on the field he stripped the All Star game from (the booing would have been epic), but watching them celebrate on the Cheaters home field will be just as glorious.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:49 PM 11-02-2021
True, but he was money when it mattered while Houston's vaunted offense is being shut out for the second time this series. Houston can't seem to win the big ones without additional "help".
[Reply]
jd1020 08:50 PM 11-02-2021
Don't want to jinx anything, but if the Braves do finish this out, I'll be happy for Freeman. Guy has been one of the best in the game for a while and played through some shitty ass teams. If this is his last season for the Braves, what a way to end his career there.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:56 PM 11-02-2021
Once again, an over simplification of post season ‘hotness’.

Over the last 2 months of the season with the Braves, he hit .270 with an OBP of .360 and an OPS of .882.

As bad as he was for the Royals the first 4 months of the season, he was the exact opposite for the Braves. He didn’t just ‘get hot’ in the post season.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:57 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Once again, an over simplification of post season ‘hotness’.

Over the last 2 months of the season with the Braves, he hit .270 with an OBP of .360 and an OPS of .882.

As bad as he was for the Royals the first 4 months of the season, he was the exact opposite for the Braves. He didn’t just ‘get hot’ in the post season.
He’s not this guy though going forward. He’s something in between this and what he was for the Royals.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:57 PM 11-02-2021
I mean, Soler and Rosario have both had massive seasons in the past so I really don’t understand what’s so surprising about them both turning it up a notch when they were traded from bottom feeding teams to an organization coming off 3 straight division titles and an NL Championship appearance. You add them to a lineup that already contains three guys who will likely finish top 10 in the MVP voting and you’ve got a pretty potent group. Not to mention Swanson, Duvall and D’Arnaud who won the Silver Slugger as a catcher last year.

Their young power arms in the pen all took another step and Morton, Anderson and Fried were freaking dealing all postseason. There isn’t a team they could have run into that would have stopped them. So I guess I’m just not getting the “worst team in the postseason” talk. They thoroughly dominated every series.

But hey, I got to see the Chiefs win a Super Bowl and the Braves win a WS in a matter of 3 years, so I can officially retire as a sports fan at this point and be pretty damn content. :-)
[Reply]
Page 47 of 51
« First < 374344454647 48495051 >
Up