ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cameos
Direckshun 09:17 AM 09-17-2021
Alright folks, who's done a Cameo, or had a Cameo done for you?

Best ones you've seen.

Is there one we need to set up for the Chiefs?

I just discovered them today and I want to know what creative uses I could deploy them for.
[Reply]
Fish 02:40 PM 09-17-2021

[Reply]
vailpass 02:44 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
:-) You may have misread the OP.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:47 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I was very close to using Kevin from The Office to award bonuses to my employees a couple of months ago. I was really interested in doing it. But my concern was that he wouldn't do it as the character Kevin but rather as the actor Brian. I was less excited about that. There ended up being a timing issue so we didn't do it, but I think we should have.
I didn't double check so it could be complete bullshit, but I heard that guy's making $1m+ yearly just off of these cameos. Pretty crazy, if true..
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:54 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Interesting. Is Dwight Schrute an option?
There were a few Office characters, but the only major characters doing it are Kevin, Meredith, and Oscar (edit: and Stanley). There are a bunch of minor characters like the woman in the warehouse, Pam's mom, etc.

Kevin is apparently one of the most successful people on the platform. I read something just last week where he's topped $1 million in fees. He's in a good sweet spot of being affordable and highly recognizable.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:54 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I didn't double check so it could be complete bullshit, but I heard that guy's making $1m+ yearly just off of these cameos. Pretty crazy, if true..
This sounded crazy, then I looked it up.

Brian Baumgartner, who played Kevin Malone on The Office, is 2020's top-earning celebrity on Cameo.
Baumgartner made over $1 million USD from the personalized video sharing service this year, Cameo creator Steve Galanis revealed on The New York Times' Sway podcast (via BuzzFeed). The Office actor charges $195 per video, as of this writing.

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-off...earner-in-2020

*edit* this means he’d have to do 5,128 videos a year. WTF?
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:55 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Yeah, you beat me to it. It's impressive that he's monetized it so well.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:56 PM 09-17-2021
There were a few Office characters, but the only major characters doing it are Kevin, Meredith, and Oscar. There are a bunch of minor characters like the woman in the warehouse, Pam's mom, etc.

Kevin is apparently one of the most successful people on the platform. I read something just last week where he's topped $1 million in fees. He's in a good sweet spot of being affordable and highly recognizable.
Seems like Dwight could make a killing. Meredith is gold too though. I see your point: are you getting the character or the person?
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:04 PM 09-17-2021
If he's making over $1 million, let's assume that's top-line revenue. So he's making less as Cameo takes their cut. But $1 million means that he's doing a little more than 5,000 videos a year.

If each video takes him ten minutes to read and prepare (totally guessing there), then that's 800 hours or so. So he's doing it all day on Monday and Tuesday, then taking five days off. If his cut is 80 percent (total guess again), he's making $800,000.

I wonder what he was making on The Office. I can't seem to easily find it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:11 PM 09-17-2021
Ahem. Started a TikTok for the shop on Monday. Made a post yesterday that's now up to 53K views. Went from 3 followers on Wednesday to almost 400 today.

Yep im pretty much a celebrity now. I think i should start charging people to respond to their posts.
[Reply]
Fish 03:19 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
:-) You may have misread the OP.
Well, I was going to read the thread, but then I got distracted by my Google image search...
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:23 PM 09-17-2021
Cameo you say, I know just the guy that would be great for cameos

[/QUOTE]
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:42 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
As a Chiefs fan, they are my favorite mode of transportation
^^ This post IROCs. :-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:44 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:
Cameo you say, I know just the guy that would be great for cameos

[/QUOTE]

Is that eFisty, or fisDave??
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:07 PM 09-17-2021
If he's making over $1 million, let's assume that's top-line revenue. So he's making less as Cameo takes their cut. But $1 million means that he's doing a little more than 5,000 videos a year.

If each video takes him ten minutes to read and prepare (totally guessing there), then that's 800 hours or so. So he's doing it all day on Monday and Tuesday, then taking five days off. If his cut is 80 percent (total guess again), he's making $800,000.

I wonder what he was making on The Office. I can't seem to easily find it.
I did some clicking and the Cameo guy said Baumgartner did "$1M in bookings." More clicking indicates that the split is apparently 75% celeb / 25% Cameo.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:57 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
I did some clicking and the Cameo guy said Baumgartner did "$1M in bookings." More clicking indicates that the split is apparently 75% celeb / 25% Cameo.
Some random site said something!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up