Nzoner's Game Room>Broke up with my girlfriend
TLO 04:52 AM 09-17-2021
I'm good
[Reply]
PHOG 10:29 AM 09-17-2021
Fish-----> Sea = lots
[Reply]
Reroka 10:47 AM 09-17-2021
Post pics, lots of guys on here might want to bang her.
[Reply]
TLO 11:21 AM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by neech:
Billay is available.
He's currently banned. :-)
[Reply]
Eureka 11:26 AM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Had a GF for 3 years. It was clearly over for the last year, but in that stretch her and I both broke up with each other at different points but got back together due to familiarity alone. We finally got back together one last time and decided we either needed to get married or break up. In the end, breaking up was definitely one of the harder things I've had to go through -- but it was worth it.

Met my wife 2 years after that, and it was clear from a couple months in that she was the one. But had I convinced myself to stay with my ex (a relationship likely ending in divorce), I never would have met my wife.

Lean into those feelings. It's all a part of the process and it's completely okay and natural you feel this way -- you are making a huge transition in your life and it's natural it'll take time to adjust. You got this. Weirdly a lot of angry posting about the Chiefs here seemed to be an outlet at that time and the Chiefs were more than happy to help with their playoff loss against the Colts :-)

In all seriousness, writing, getting outside, and trying a new routine helped, too -- but everyone is different and have to get through this in different ways -- stay strong, my dude!
Sounds just like my story.

OP will rebound into something better for him.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:26 AM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Looking back, the best decisions I ever made were breaking up with girlfriends.
Before or after you got married?
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:31 AM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
4 1/2 years

She pulled the trigger. But the feeling was mutual. Mostly.

Only for Billy.
You didn't break up then, you got dumped.
[Reply]
neech 11:32 AM 09-17-2021
He's currently banned. :-)
There are other fish in the sea. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:41 AM 09-17-2021
My best advice would be to reach out to that I Eat Ass gal at your work.

She sounds promising.
[Reply]
TLO 11:41 AM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
You didn't break up then, you got dumped.
You're... not wrong. Probably too much talk about vaccines around her. :-)
[Reply]
TLO 11:42 AM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
My best advice would be to reach out to that I Eat Ass gal at your work.

She sounds promising.

[Reply]
Bugeater 11:46 AM 09-17-2021

[Reply]
TLO 11:47 AM 09-17-2021
I appreciate the words of CP wisdom.

I'm doing quite well. I have a lot of positive things going for me in my life. This is just a speed bump.

The hardest part is going to be talking to her 2 kids about it. Currently have that planned for later today. They're not my kiddos, but I've been around them long enough that I've seen them grow up for 4.5 years. I love those kids..
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:48 AM 09-17-2021
AND she has a dong shaped license plate cover?!
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:56 AM 09-17-2021
So you were together for 4.5 years? How old are each of you? Did you live together? What prevented you from taking it to the next step and getting married?
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 11:56 AM 09-17-2021
I always think (in these circumstances) you have one of two choices:

1. You can decide to let this relationship dictate how you move forward (i.e. mope around, be depressed, chase after her, poor me, etc. etc.) OR
2. You can decide that this is the start of a new, better chapter in your life

My guess is there is a lot of things you would have or could have done differently because of the relationship you were in (i.e. compromise - we all do it)....but that barrier isn't there anymore. Obviously, break up hurts, but why not use that new found freedom to be productive in some fashion that makes you happy?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up