ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Arrowhead sign removed from the stadium
BigRedChief 10:17 PM 07-16-2021
The Arrowhead sign that everyone takes a picture with from the parking lot has been removed from the top of the stadium.

They are putting up some GHEA sign?
Attached: B292CF3B-9017-4559-9A06-CC0690819055.jpeg (96.5 KB) F642E410-B29F-48E1-BA3F-99FCC96FD6D3.jpeg (93.8 KB) 4ACA9DAE-834C-4A83-80E2-AFE2616C3338.jpg (32.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Hoover 09:45 AM 07-19-2021
With Mahomes, Clark may be able to build his own stadium. City/county will be asked to create a TIF district around the site. For a preview look at what is going on in Oakland with the Oakland A's.

City of Oakland should just do the deal. They want to pump 12 billion into you shitty ass city, but they don't want to provide tax incentives for the non baseball part of the development.

Get ready for the MLB in Vegas
[Reply]
Dayze 09:46 AM 07-19-2021
the idea of a new stadium fascinates me. I love reading thoughts on the topic. location, dome, regular stadium etc. I think it's all interesting.

I would think that The Clarks are already thinking big picture on this / having discussions. 10 years seems like a long ways off, but for people like the Clarks....they think way ahead of the game.

I've bounced back and forth on the idea of a Dome or not. over the years I've come around to the idea. and I think from a $$ standpoint, having a dome would open up other revenue options throughout the year. woudln't surprise me at all anymore if a Dome was the route the they choose to go.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:51 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
the idea of a new stadium fascinates me. I love reading thoughts on the topic. location, dome, regular stadium etc. I think it's all interesting.

I would think that The Clarks are already thinking big picture on this / having discussions. 10 years seems like a long ways off, but for people like the Clarks....they think way ahead of the game.

I've bounced back and forth on the idea of a Dome or not. over the years I've come around to the idea. and I think from a $$ standpoint, having a dome would open up other revenue options throughout the year. woudln't surprise me at all anymore if a Dome was the route the they choose to go.
I remember the original plans for the rolling canopy over the stadium, but I assume that's probably not doable now because of the additions they made.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:56 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:

Same here.

I don't think we will see a dome, but I so think we will see a retractable stadium because Clark will want to host a Super Bowl in KC, and the NFL would easily do so to honor Lamar.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:04 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Same here.

I don't think we will see a dome, but I so think we will see a retractable stadium because Clark will want to host a Super Bowl in KC, and the NFL would easily do so to honor Lamar.
I'm imagining a retractable roof, that when opened leaves a hole in the shape of the arrowhead logo. And hire a team of engineers to figure out how to make it the loudest stadium possible whether the roof is open or not.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:10 AM 07-19-2021
Yeah, I think its either going to be similar to Atlanta's stadium, or be a larger version of the Hokkaido stadium being built in Japan which basically has a rolling roof structure like Lamar envisioned. Which will give the fans a more open air setting which I think will be difficult to remove from KC.

https://www.hkdballpark.com/en/
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:40 AM 07-19-2021

[Reply]
tyecopeland 10:50 AM 07-19-2021
Curious. How much more do you think the Clarks could have gotten by letting them name the stadium GEHA Stadium or GEHA Arrowhead Staidum? Based on the images presented earlier in this thread, the prominence of GEHA wouldn't really change.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:07 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
i'll just place this here for ironies sake :-)
Welp, time to update the video. Only Soldier Field remains now.

I remember that game against the Broncos. Elway was such a complete pussy for pulling that, even if the old fart head ref went along with it. Lol
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:12 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:

I remember that game against the Broncos. Elway was such a complete pussy for pulling that, even if the old fart head ref went along with it. Lol

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:18 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
With Mahomes, Clark may be able to build his own stadium. City/county will be asked to create a TIF district around the site. For a preview look at what is going on in Oakland with the Oakland A's.

City of Oakland should just do the deal. They want to pump 12 billion into you shitty ass city, but they don't want to provide tax incentives for the non baseball part of the development.

Get ready for the MLB in Vegas
Yea. If Clark wanted to build a new stadium, he would be wise to leverage these prime Chiefs years with Mahomes at his peak. While ‘Chiefs fever’ is at its zenith.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:24 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea. If Clark wanted to build a new stadium, he would be wise to leverage these prime Chiefs years with Mahomes at his peak. While ‘Chiefs fever’ is at its zenith.
I will ONLY accept a new stadium if it is designed the EXACT same but with more seats.....
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:03 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I'm imagining a retractable roof, that when opened leaves a hole in the shape of the arrowhead logo.

That sounds bush league as hell.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:22 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:

I'd sooner they sold the naming rights to Summer's Eve than mutilate the stadium the way the Bears did.
[Reply]
Flying High D 04:29 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I remember the original plans for the rolling canopy over the stadium, but I assume that's probably not doable now because of the additions they made.
Why do you think they took the sign down?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up