ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 21
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Arrowhead sign removed from the stadium
BigRedChief 10:17 PM 07-16-2021
The Arrowhead sign that everyone takes a picture with from the parking lot has been removed from the top of the stadium.

They are putting up some GHEA sign?
Attached: B292CF3B-9017-4559-9A06-CC0690819055.jpeg (96.5 KB) F642E410-B29F-48E1-BA3F-99FCC96FD6D3.jpeg (93.8 KB) 4ACA9DAE-834C-4A83-80E2-AFE2616C3338.jpg (32.0 KB) 
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:51 AM 07-19-2021
It's disappointing however times are changing. Just keep buying that NFL merchandise, $60 parking passes, $15 beers and $250 seats.

I can't wait for the new anthems before the game...

(I have no idea how much parking or tickets are)
[Reply]
Hoover 08:20 AM 07-19-2021
It will probably say

This is GHEA in a large font
Then at Arrowhead is small font underneath it...,
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:29 AM 07-19-2021
Hopefully if lucky, everything the NFL is will be listed on the sign.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:42 AM 07-19-2021
Just dome it in and call it

The GEHA at the Hyvee center. Done
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:53 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Just dome it in and call it

The GEHA at the Hyvee center. Done
2031 the Chiefs lease is up at Arrowhead. This naming rights expire too.

I don't think they will just refresh and modernize the stadium like last time. They will build something new. Maybe downtown?

It's still a great place to view a NFL game. I've sat all over that stadium. Way better than these modern stadiums.

The only thing standing in the way of a new stadium is that this was Lamar's dream and maybe the Hunt family will want to save it?
[Reply]
LoneWolf 09:04 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

I don't think they will just refresh and modernize the stadium like last time. They will build something new. Maybe downtown?

It's still a great place to view a NFL game. I've sat all over that stadium. Way better than these modern stadiums.

The only thing standing in the way of a new stadium is that this was Lamar's dream and maybe the Hunt family will want to save it?
I doubt we will ever see a downtown football stadium in KC. Tailgating is too ingrained in the culture and if the team moves downtown you will lose that. I do think eventually we see a downtown baseball stadium which would actually allow the Chiefs to build a brand new domed stadium where Kauffman currently sits and still use Arrowhead/GEHA/Whatever while construction is ongoing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:07 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
I doubt we will ever see a downtown football stadium in KC. Tailgating is too ingrained in the culture and if the team moves downtown you will lose that. I do think eventually we see a downtown baseball stadium which would actually allow the Chiefs to build a brand new domed stadium where Kauffman currently sits and still use Arrowhead/GEHA/Whatever while construction is ongoing.
KC building two new stadiums at the same time? Thats going to be a hard sell. The taxpayers pay for these stadiums, not the owners.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:11 AM 07-19-2021
Downtown stadium is such a terrible idea
[Reply]
xbarretx 09:19 AM 07-19-2021
Someone dropped some nice change just to have me still call it Arrowhead.

#Sandstone!

:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:20 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Downtown stadium is such a terrible idea
Everyone hates the downtown idea for the Chiefs, except for business and civilian leaders who see it as a tool to ramp up downtown.

I just don't see it for the Chiefs. No tailgating? Thats not going to fly. Now the Royals....
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:28 AM 07-19-2021
KC building two new stadiums at the same time? Thats going to be a hard sell. The taxpayers pay for these stadiums, not the owners.
Then do what other owners do, threaten to move…
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:30 AM 07-19-2021
There is enough space to build, drop reconfigure stadiums and parking every 30 years.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:32 AM 07-19-2021
While I'd hate to see Kauffman go, that makes much more sense than building a new football stadium downtown.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:34 AM 07-19-2021

I'd like to see a new stadium that you take one glance at and think, "That was obviously inspired by the old Arrowhead".
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:39 AM 07-19-2021
Dear GEHA,
We received your check for naming rights, and we're going to need more money A lot more.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 21
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up