ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Former Hawaii QB Colt Brennan dead at 37
FloridaMan88 05:16 PM 05-11-2021
Sad...

Link: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...mpression=true

Originally Posted by :
Colt Brennan, who set numerous NCAA records as the quarterback of the University of Hawai'i, has died, his father, Terry Brennan, said. He was 37.

Terry Brennan told ESPN that his son died early Tuesday morning at a hospital in Newport Beach, California. The day before, paramedics were called to a hotel room where Colt Brennan had been with other people. Terry Brennan said his son had ingested something laced with fentanyl and never regained consciousness.

Only hours earlier, Colt Brennan had tried to enter a detox program at an area hospital, but he was turned away because there were no beds available.

"He was really into it," Terry Brennan said of the treatment program. "It involved a lot of physical activity and he liked it. He was working with soldiers who had come back from Afghanistan and Iraq with similar problems. He was doing quite well with it for four months. Then something happened and he went to the dark side, and it was just not good."

Terry Brennan said family was at Colt's side when he died.

Colt Brennan's run of success from 2005 to 2007 helped put Hawai'i football on the map. He passed for more than 4,000 yards three times, including for 5,549 in 2006. That season, he set the single-season record for touchdown passes with 58. The record was surpassed by Joe Burrow during the 2019 season.

Brennan is fourth all-time in career touchdown passes with 131.

Brennan finished sixth in Heisman voting in 2006 and third in 2007. The 2007 team finished the regular season 12-0 and 10th in the Associated Press poll before losing to Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

Hawai'i's athletic department put out a statement about Brennan's death:

"It's hard to put into words the impact that Colt Brennan had on Rainbow Warrior fans and the people of Hawai'i. He was a phenomenal player and provided us some of the greatest sports memories we'll ever have. But he was more than that. For all that he accomplished on the football field and the adulation he received for it, he always remained among the people. He never turned down an autograph, he never turned down a picture with someone. He inspired everyone, from our keiki to our kupuna. He had a Warrior mentality on the field but a true aloha spirit off of it. Today is any extremely tough day. Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Brennan 'ohana and we mourn together with all those across Hawai'i and Rainbow Warrior nation who were touched by Colt."

After his time at Hawai'i, Brennan was taken in the sixth round of the 2008 draft by Washington, but injuries prevented him from playing his rookie year, and he was released. He never played in the NFL.

Washington tweeted Tuesday that it was saddened to hear of Brennan's death.

A 2010 car accident left Brennan with a traumatic brain injury, and that made it difficult to continue his football career. He tried to catch on in the USFL, Canadian Football League and Arena Football League but didn't stick.

Terry Brennan said his son was never the same after the car accident, which left him with the head injury, broken ribs and a broken collarbone.

Brennan had a series of legal troubles in recent years, including arrests for driving under the influence.

In 2020, he was arrested at a hotel for causing a disturbance while intoxicated. A few months later, he was arrested at his own home in Hawai'i for another disturbance during which police said he was "extremely intoxicated."

"It seemed to have an effect on him to where he just found himself going from one bad spot to another bad spot," Terry Brennan said. "I don't know how else to say it. You make decisions and sometimes they're the right decisions, and sometimes they're the wrong decisions."

[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 06:06 PM 05-12-2021
Tragically, in the brain of the addict, the substance isn't a problem. Instead, it's an incredibly reliable solution.

And, man, using is a far easier and far faster solution than working long and hard to uncover and address the real problem.

I'd hate to be one of the guys who told him there was no room available in the programs he sought, but that happens all the time to people whose names we've never heard.
[Reply]
A8bil 06:27 PM 05-12-2021
Also, sadly, the toxicity level of Fentanyl differs for each user. Some kids build up a tolerance...go through rehab, and then take it again, only to find that the dosage that they once could tolerate now kills them. That's the scenario of a lot of these high profile deaths. I unfortunately know too many people who have gone through the nightmare... .
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:08 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by A8bil:
Also, sadly, the toxicity level of Fentanyl differs for each user. Some kids build up a tolerance...go through rehab, and then take it again, only to find that the dosage that they once could tolerate now kills them. That's the scenario of a lot of these high profile deaths. I unfortunately know too many people who have gone through the nightmare... .
I’ll show you a nightmare if you ever thumbs down me again you fucking piece of shit
[Reply]
|Zach| 12:41 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's ridiculously potent. The difference between pain free and dead can be just a few micrograms.
It’s a nightmare and it’s everywhere.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:51 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yep and that's how Tom Petty died.

He had been experiencing really bad back pain for years and one day, he took too much fentanyl and died.

These synthetic opioids are a plague.
Broken hip.

He played that last tour with the understanding that he would need a hip replacement once it was done, and he went for a physical the day after he got home, they discovered the hip had actually fractured while on tour, and he did fent up, but there was a multi drug toxicity going on with Tom. Xanax and a antidepressants and opiate painkillers...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:58 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's ridiculously potent. The difference between pain free and dead can be just a few micrograms.
I had a fucked up issue a couple weeks ago.

Been using small amounts of this ridiculously pure cocaine as a "homework enhancer". Little keybumps every few hours, kept the good grades rolling in.

Ran out and knew this little hottie at a bar downtown that has hooked it up phat on some ridiculously good chach, so she hooks me up with a gram.

I do a bump the next morning, take my girlfriend's kid to school and I'm YAWNING, like "what the fuck!?"

Go pick my buddy up, and I'm like, visibly fucked up, and he's like "you need me to drive!?" I say hell no, I'm a man. I got this.

I then proceeded to nod off while driving in downtown Columbia and if he hadn't have grabbed the wheel, I mean, we were headed into oncoming traffic...

We get to my house, and my girlfriend was all "what is he on!?"

And he goes "says it's coke, but looks like opiates to me..."

Shit was spiked with the fentanyl.

My fault for buying coke from a 20 year old bar wench.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:02 AM 05-13-2021
I have no idea what goes into deciding how much fentanyl to give during surgery but I’m sure it’s pretty complicated and considers all last histories with medications and other factors to determine what’s an okay amount. And even then they are monitoring you the entire time. Simply taking it on your own really is a life threatening gamble every time. Getting to the point of knowingly taking it recreationally for a lot of people means you are so entrenched in personal problems in your life that there seems to be a part of you that is okay with any potential outcome. It really is just a terrible situation all around that requires a pretty strong motivation to get out of.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:06 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I had a fucked up issue a couple weeks ago.

Been using small amounts of this ridiculously pure cocaine as a "homework enhancer". Little keybumps every few hours, kept the good grades rolling in.

Ran out and knew this little hottie at a bar downtown that has hooked it up phat on some ridiculously good chach, so she hooks me up with a gram.

I do a bump the next morning, take my girlfriend's kid to school and I'm YAWNING, like "what the fuck!?"

Go pick my buddy up, and I'm like, visibly fucked up, and he's like "you need me to drive!?" I say hell no, I'm a man. I got this.

I then proceeded to nod off while driving in downtown Columbia and if he hadn't have grabbed the wheel, I mean, we were headed into oncoming traffic...

Seriously, get help. None of what you described assuming it’s true from the second sentence on is any way justifiable or something to be shrugged off. I hope this was a life changing moment for you in a positive way.
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:09 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I have no idea what goes into deciding how much fentanyl to give during surgery but I’m sure it’s pretty complicated and considers all last histories with medications and other factors to determine what’s an okay amount. And even then they are monitoring you the entire time. Simply taking it on your own really is a life threatening gamble every time. Getting to the point of knowingly taking it recreationally for a lot of people means you are so entrenched in personal problems in your life that there seems to be a part of you that is okay with any potential outcome. It really is just a terrible situation all around that requires a pretty strong motivation to get out of.
I don’t think they give during surgery. They give it on strips like bandaids. It is time released. It is for pain management. Yet people take those strips and chew up n them. Had a sister-in-law. Her husband had knee replacements. He had a prescription for them. He let her have his fentanyl strips. While she was visiting one time my wife found her dead from a fentanyl overdose one morning.
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:21 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I had a ****ed up issue a couple weeks ago.

I do a bump the next morning, take my girlfriend's kid to school and I'm YAWNING, like "what the ****!?"

Go pick my buddy up, and I'm like, visibly ****ed up, and he's like "you need me to drive!?" I say hell no, I'm a man. I got this.

This is why drugs being illegal is so stupid.

Drugs being illegal creates an illegal market for untested and unregulated substances. People have no idea what they are getting. On top of that we have entire branches of government that are dedicated to chase drug users, sellers, transporters etc. This is a drain on budgets and really it's a failing strategy.
Government should just sell all drugs and drop the price to kill the illegal market. All the money they spend trying to stop people from using and selling drugs could be redirected to actually helping people instead of hunting people.

Fact is there will always be people who use drugs and as long as it is illegal there will always be drug dealers. Prohibition didn't work for alcohol it's a failing strategy, why do they still think it will work for illegal drugs?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:07 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
I don’t think they give during surgery. They give it on strips like bandaids. It is time released. It is for pain management. Yet people take those strips and chew up n them. Had a sister-in-law. Her husband had knee replacements. He had a prescription for them. He let her have his fentanyl strips. While she was visiting one time my wife found her dead from a fentanyl overdose one morning.

They, my wife included, definitely administer it all the time before and during surgeries for pain and I think, but not sure, also to help other medicines work as well.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:38 PM 09-17-2021
Accidental drug overdose. Horrible

Ex-NFL QB Colt Brennan Died Of Accidental OD, Fentanyl & Methamphetamine Foundhttps://t.co/aBviIAZI9H

— TMZ Sports (@TMZ_Sports) September 17, 2021

[Reply]
philfree 08:45 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
I know a guy who was hooked on chewing "used" Fentanyl patches. It was disgusting.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:47 AM 09-18-2021
Detox all over KC is always full.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:50 AM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I bet that dude used to creampie chicks left and right back in the day. Sad. RIP.
I don’t understand how this is being thumbs downed.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up