5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:31 AM 03-15-2021
was all set to watch the game last night, but nope, for some stupid reason, MLB sees L.A. close enough to San Diego to black it out in my area.

Extremely stupid, especially considering it's just a spring training game.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:52 AM 03-15-2021
ITS HAPPENING!!

And one final thing before I return to my retirement/man/cave, hearing there is a very strong sentiment, judging from my messages, that the Royals clubhouse believes the team would be way better off with Bobby Witt Jr. on the Opening Day roster, damn the service time issues.

— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) March 15, 2021

[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:53 AM 03-15-2021
WOW.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:10 PM 03-15-2021
If you’re wondering why Witt looks like Tulo now, he works with trainer Bobby Strouoe out of Dallas. He’s got clients like the guy Witt is most often compared to Trevor Story.

Oh. And that one guy who plays QB for the Chiefs, what’s his name
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:20 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
If you’re wondering why Witt looks like Tulo now, he works with trainer Bobby Strouoe out of Dallas. He’s got clients like the guy Witt is most often compared to Trevor Story.

Chad Henne? It showed on the third-down scramble vs. Cleveland in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 12:23 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
was all set to watch the game last night, but nope, for some stupid reason, MLB sees L.A. close enough to San Diego to black it out in my area.

Extremely stupid, especially considering it's just a spring training game.
Yeah, the blackout rules are the most antiquated and nonsensical rules I've ever heard of. I am blacked out from two teams from which I'm 2.5-3.5 hours away. People in Iowa are blacked out from SIX teams. You'd think that with all the concern about baseball being a dying sport, they'd be trying to make it easier to watch the games, not harder.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:30 PM 03-15-2021

I think those Story comparisons are going to fade. That was based on him having some significant contact and swing and miss issues.

Those seem to have been ... addressed. And quickly.

Witt used to have some holes in his swing that just... simply aren’t there now. And he did that without sacrificing bat speed or power.

He just fixed his holes AND improved his plate discipline. (It appears)

I hope everyone recognizes 1) how hard/rare it is to fix ONE of those issues 2) how insane it is to fix BOTH.

We may have someone incredibly special on our hands here.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:36 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think those Story comparisons are going to fade. That was based on him having some significant contact and swing and miss issues.

Witt used to have some holes in his swing that just... simply aren’t there now. And he did that without sacrificing bat speed or power.

I hope everyone recognizes 1) how hard/rare it is to fix ONE of those issues 2) how insane it is to fix BOTH.

[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:54 PM 03-15-2021

The fact that Royals players are comparing his batter's eye to being as transcendent as how Mahomes reads a secondary is.. yeah.

It's easy to get overhyped with prospects but the way he has just exploded this Spring (after a solid Spring last year) has been special to watch.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:58 PM 03-15-2021

I was thinking best case scenario for Witt would be Bergman but it might be A Rod or Chipper Jones level.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:02 PM 03-15-2021

I have it on pretty good authority that Mike Matheny is pushing for BWJ on the #Royals Opening Day roster. Maybe it's quite not as unlikely as I once thought. Between that and what @FlannyMLB just said about the clubhouse, I don't know.

— David Lesky (@DBLesky) March 15, 2021

“I always loved Matheny!” /chiefsplanet
[Reply]
BWillie 01:13 PM 03-15-2021

People need to slow down. Most young no name players are fed meat balls down the middle or the pitcher is throwing them a pitch they are working on. The hype is off the tracks and Pratto, Matias, Isbel, and Miller all have higher OPS than him in Spring Training and nobody really gives a fuck about any of those guys outside of Isbel.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:13 PM 03-15-2021

Let’s hope the Royals have found their Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:38 PM 03-15-2021

Matheny was a great hire! He learned from his mistakes and now is a force to be reckoned with! Great job Mike! Please have Witt at starting 2nd base please
[Reply]
BWillie 01:42 PM 03-15-2021
Putting Witt on the opening day roster is one of the dumbest things any team in baseball can do right now. If this team was ready to win a WS maybe it's more defendable...but even then not really.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 440
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up