5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:19 AM 06-10-2021
Almost halfway to another 11 game streak...
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:25 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Dude we’re all stoked about the prospects right now. The MLB team will likely have a couple more 5 game winning AND losing streaks this year. That’s fine, because help is on the way. This year is showcasing what's to come, but there's going to be some growing pains on the way (just like 2012, 2013 and even 2014)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:34 AM 06-10-2021
Pratto's biggest remaining hurdle is his K rate. It's still a touch high. He takes a lot of strikeouts looking, though, that probably go away with better umpiring at the major league level. The question is how much that can help. His rate right now is in the high 20s and that needs to drop a bit to really unlock his best potential outcome.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:36 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Pratto's biggest remaining hurdle is his K rate. It's still a touch high. He takes a lot of strikeouts looking, though, that probably go away with better umpiring at the major league level. The question is how much that can help. His rate right now is in the high 20s and that needs to drop a bit to really unlock his best potential outcome.
Wasn't that the concern with Myers, too? What are the odds GMDM decides to piss off 80% of the fanbase again with a Pratto trade with a James Shields/Wade Davis like return? (but perhaps we receive bats instead of arms this time). The return on prospects has been so ridiculous I'd be surprised if Moore didn't have at least one of those trades in him to try to complete our roster in 2022 (23?)
[Reply]
TLO 11:41 AM 06-10-2021
You should stick to Chiefs takes.
[Reply]
TLO 11:42 AM 06-10-2021
Unless low-key trolling, which in that case, I'm impressed.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:46 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Unless low-key trolling, which in that case, I'm impressed.
gBlowfish has always been this hard on the Royals since David Glass used the team as a AAA profit machine through the 90's. Give gBlowfish credit, he is as loyal of a fan as they come, but it made him a bit hardened as the Royals did have a nucleus of talent in the 90's but did nothing to fill the roster (and even let Carlos Beltran go instead of paying him literally only 500K more like he asked).

That's hardened him in a way that even 2014-2015 didn't soften (though Mahomes was able to for the Chiefs).

Blowfish's old website may have been the only reason I survived the Baird era as a fan (all of my central KS friends were Cards fans and constantly tried to recruit me). George's blog posts about our team of misery were world class.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:50 PM 06-10-2021
I've watched each and every season of Royals baseball.

Their lifetime winning percentage as a team coming into this year is .480. Which means they are less than mediocre as a franchise. They lose more than they win. That figure will be worse after this season.

Their biggest winner as a manager was Ned Yost. He had a losing record as Royals manager with a .471 record.

In 52 years of baseball the team has lost 90 or more games -the benchmark of awful in MLB - 17 times.

In 52 years of baseball the team has lost 100 or more games -the benchmark of historically awful in MLB- 6 times.

And this team did not lose 100 games until 2002. So all six of those 100 loss seasons have been in the last 21 years of that 52 year run.

In 52 years the team has generated only one Hall of Fame player -that went in as a Royal- and that was Brett.

30 years between World Series Wins means the Royals probably won't win another World Series until 2045. At that point I'll be 86 years old.

So you can see why I'm a bit impatient with the "rebuild" considering this teams track record. Especially since the Chiefs overcame a 50 year SB drought and made it to the big one back to back.

The Royals are a historically mediocre to bad franchise. And that just is what it is. I would advise you guys who have only been watching them for 10 or 20 years to see where your head is at after 52 years of watching this show.

The difference between me and TLO: We'd both join the optimist club. TLO would bring up idea after idea on how to improve the organization. Each time after his idea is presented, I would rise and say "IT'LL NEVER WORK!!!"
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:06 PM 06-10-2021
The Chiefs and Royals are identical franchises. Both have 2 titles. Chiefs barely have won more regular season games, but given the better resources that’s not saying much.

After SB 4, the NFL merged. So 51 seasons since, or identical to the Royals.

Chiefs record: 408-377-7 (52.0%)
Record under Patrick: 38-10 (78.2%)

*so without Patrick Chiefs are a perfectly avg franchise

Chiefs Playoff record: 15-20 (42.9%)
Record under Patrick: 5-2 (71.4%)

*so he already has 1/3 of our damn playoff wins

Chiefs scoring avg: 21.49-20.54 (+0.94 per game)
Scoring avg with Patrick: 31.02-22.73 (+8.29 per)

####conclusion: Blowfish has totally forgotten the Chiefs *actual* long term history since Patrick arrived and, basically, saved us from continuing to be the Chargers.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 04:06 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Pratto's biggest remaining hurdle is his K rate. It's still a touch high. He takes a lot of strikeouts looking, though, that probably go away with better umpiring at the major league level.
Wait. There are umpires worse than the ones we've been watching?
[Reply]
theoldcoach 04:22 PM 06-10-2021
So you can see why I'm a bit impatient with the "rebuild" considering this teams track record. Especially since the Chiefs overcame a 50 year SB drought and made it to the big one back to back.
So did the Royals in 2014 and 2015. And they won just as many of those two as the Chiefs.

Plus it took the Royals 30 years to get back there. It took the Chiefs 50 years. And I waded through all of it right along with you.

I love the Chiefs. But I love the Royals just as much.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:26 PM 06-10-2021

Their lifetime winning percentage as a team coming into this year is .480. Which means they are less than mediocre as a franchise. They lose more than they win. That figure will be worse after this season.

Their biggest winner as a manager was Ned Yost. He had a losing record as Royals manager with a .471 record.

In 52 years of baseball the team has lost 90 or more games -the benchmark of awful in MLB - 17 times.

In 52 years of baseball the team has lost 100 or more games -the benchmark of historically awful in MLB- 6 times.

And this team did not lose 100 games until 2002. So all six of those 100 loss seasons have been in the last 21 years of that 52 year run.

In 52 years the team has generated only one Hall of Fame player -that went in as a Royal- and that was Brett.

30 years between World Series Wins means the Royals probably won't win another World Series until 2045. At that point I'll be 86 years old.

The Royals are a historically mediocre to bad franchise. And that just is what it is. I would advise you guys who have only been watching them for 10 or 20 years to see where your head is at after 52 years of watching this show.

The difference between me and TLO: We'd both join the optimist club. TLO would bring up idea after idea on how to improve the organization. Each time after his idea is presented, I would rise and say "IT'LL NEVER WORK!!!"

I’m hoping this new ownership isn’t as patient or absentee as Glass was. We shall see.
[Reply]
TLO 04:57 PM 06-10-2021

My first season of truly following the Royals was around 2002. I was 13, and loved every player on the team. (Oh how ignorant I was) Bob Davis and Paul Splittorff on the TV, listening to Denny Matthews on the radio.. I couldn't get enough.

2003 was pretty fucking awesome. I knew the Royals had been bad for a long time, and hadn't won a World Series since 1985, but the excitement I saw in the fans at the stadium made it feel like they were the best team in the MLB. LIMA TIME! WE BELIEVE! Tony Pena as our manager. The season ended in disappointment, but I was sure we were on a path for greatness.

For the next 9 years.. I watched almost every single game, (or listened on the radio). Every new season brought a feeling of optimism. Of course we all know how 2004-2013 went for the Royals. 2013 I saw glimmers of hope.

Then came the ecstasy of 2014 and 2015. After we won it all in 2015, I felt on top of the world. All those games I watched. All the 100 loss seasons. It all felt worth it after Wade Davis struck out the final batter in the bottom of the 9th against the Mets. The parade and the celebration all felt so surreal. What a time

2016 -2020 I kind of burnt out. I felt as though I had invested so much time in the Royals I wasn't really interested in watching another rebuild. I knew there were some talented pieces in the pipeline, but they felt forever away.

But now it's 2021 and I'm excited again. There's real reason for optimism. I definitely don't have the "same ol Royals" view of things as you, but then again, if I had been a fan as long as you have, I might find myself saying the same thing.
[Reply]
PHOG 05:22 PM 06-10-2021

THE LAST team to go Back to Back WS, and if it hadn't been for the fucking ump, we would have Back to Back Championships. You do you. :-)
[Reply]
TLO 05:25 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by PHOG:
THE LAST team to go Back to Back WS, and if it hadn't been for the ****ing ump, we would have Back to Back Championships. You do you. :-)
What ump are we talking about here? Refresh my memory.
[Reply]
Page 178 of 440
« First < 78128168174175176177178 179180181182188228278 > Last »
Up