6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:04 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
My son bought our family tickets to tonight's game in Anaheim. Sitting behind the Royals bullpen, and looking forward to watching Jackson Kowar make his debut.

Haven't been back to the Big A since the Royals tore them a big A in the 2014 playoffs.
sorry
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:13 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Awesome. I took my kids to the games on Friday and Saturday. Three daughters (11, 9, and 7) and my newborn son (4 months). I taught the older daughters to keep score while we watched the game on TV on Thursday night, and they helped me keep score at both of the games we attended. They kept asking questions to confirm they were keeping score correctly. ("That's a forward K since he swung, right?") It was great. I've been trying for years to get them into sports, and I think they're finally starting to enjoy it. (I also took my oldest to her first Chiefs game last season.) When the 9-year-old woke up on Sunday morning, she said, "It's weird not being at a hotel and getting ready to go to the Royals game."

We got them Blue Crew memberships while we were there. They got cute little Royals earrings and wanted everything in the team store. They put on their Royals temporary tattoos and Blue Crew lanyards as soon as they got home. Looking forward to going to more games later this summer.
So you must have gotten the Soler and Whit bobbleheads (I was there Sat.). Building them a strong bobblehead collection is important.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 09:38 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
So you must have gotten the Soler and Whit bobbleheads (I was there Sat.). Building them a strong bobblehead collection is important.
Gotta be honest, man. Those go straight to eBay.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:50 PM 06-07-2021
Kowar didn’t throw his FB enough. Jeezus Sal, have him go 96 for 12 straight pitches and see where that takes you. Better than that secondary shit he wasnt getting over
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:01 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Kowar didn’t throw his FB enough. Jeezus Sal, have him go 96 for 12 straight pitches and see where that takes you. Better than that secondary shit he wasnt getting over
Sal was really struggling to read his off speed stuff, too, which didn’t help.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:06 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Sal was really struggling to read his off speed stuff, too, which didn’t help.
Tonite was the first time I noticed shitty framing from him.

Love Salvy but tonite was tough for him too. Needs to be said.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:28 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Tonite was the first time I noticed shitty framing from him.

Love Salvy but tonite was tough for him too. Needs to be said.
What a fucking way to start your major league career lol
[Reply]
BWillie 09:05 AM 06-08-2021
Tried to tune in to watch Kowar and missed it. He wasn't even in the game in the 2nd inning when I turned in.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Tried to tune in to watch Kowar and missed it. He wasn't even in the game in the 2nd inning when I turned in.
You didn't miss much.

He was overthrowing and also nibbling around the corners rather than trusting his stuff. He's got to get his breaking ball and changeup closer to the plate (and occasionally throw them for strikes) to get some swings and misses on them. It's an adjustment from AAA.

The curve looks better than it has at any point when I've seen it in the past, which is encouraging for his long-term prospects.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 09:53 AM 06-08-2021
Yeah that was brutal. My son almost got Soler's home run...but other than that it was a long night.
[Reply]
TLO 10:00 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
You didn't miss much.

He was overthrowing and also nibbling around the corners rather than trusting his stuff. He's got to get his breaking ball and changeup closer to the plate (and occasionally throw them for strikes) to get some swings and misses on them. It's an adjustment from AAA.

The curve looks better than it has at any point when I've seen it in the past, which is encouraging for his long-term prospects.
His change looked nasty the couple times he was able to locate it. The bottom just drops out of that thing.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:03 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Yeah that was brutal. My son almost got Soler's home run...but other than that it was a long night.
You gotta throw some bows to get that for your boy. Really make an ass of yourself.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:03 AM 06-08-2021
On a different subject, why is Tony La Russa a baseball manager? He's damn near 80 years old and has multiple DUIs.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:13 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
His change looked nasty the couple times he was able to locate it. The bottom just drops out of that thing.
It was even fooling Salvy.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:15 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
On a different subject, why is Tony La Russa a baseball manager? He's damn near 80 years old and has multiple DUIs.
I've never seen a manager so aligned with a fanbase on physical appearance alone
[Reply]
Page 174 of 440
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Up