6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:46 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
There's literally no way the Royals would commit to Mondesi as a DH. He's too dynamic as an athlete to not at least stick him in a lower usage defensive position like CF, LF, RF, or even 3B.

I think they do their best to keep him healthy this year - maybe try him at 3B - and then use the winter and spring training to move him to the OF full-time.

With his speed, if he can track fly balls well, he'd be an excellent CF option and provide almost as much defensive value as he can at SS.

The nice thing about CF is that, despite the heavy running load, you don't have to make a lot of quick start-stop movements. You always have time to gear down.

Making plays at the wall would be the injury concern, but you wouldn't be diving for balls and contorting like Mondesi has to do at SS.

Most guys who can play the 6 can play anywhere.
Dayton on the radio pregame on Sunday said Mondesi reminds him of Lorenzo Cain especially with his injuries.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 11:00 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
There's literally no way the Royals would commit to Mondesi as a DH. He's too dynamic as an athlete to not at least stick him in a lower usage defensive position like CF, LF, RF, or even 3B.

I think they do their best to keep him healthy this year - maybe try him at 3B - and then use the winter and spring training to move him to the OF full-time.

With his speed, if he can track fly balls well, he'd be an excellent CF option and provide almost as much defensive value as he can at SS.

The nice thing about CF is that, despite the heavy running load, you don't have to make a lot of quick start-stop movements. You always have time to gear down.

Making plays at the wall would be the injury concern, but you wouldn't be diving for balls and contorting like Mondesi has to do at SS.

Most guys who can play the 6 can play anywhere.
I agree. Plus, putting him at DH means putting a much worse fielder out there.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:16 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Took fam today. (Btw: NO PURSES! New policy. wife had to take golf cart to the car to drop hers off. Be warned!)

8yr old son sat on my lap all game. First game. Asked 500 questions. It was glorious, and I but my tongue at Lopez’ Bunt triple play. Hope any of you young guys who aren’t married yet, or don’t have kids yet, get this experience some day.
Awesome! I took my then 13 month old Son to his first game and it was a Royals vs Cubs game in Wrigley - it was a beautiful Sunday afternoon in July. At that time, we had Company tickets that were about 10 rows up from the 1st base dugout. There was a walkway on our row of seats where people couldn't walk in front of you unless their seat was on that row. It was awesome, especially for a tall guy like me who could spread out.

Anyway, I had just bought my wife and I a couple of beers, and as soon as I got back, she got up to go to the bathroom. There I am - the proud Papa with my son in my lap, and sipping on a frosty cold Old Style. Up to bat for the Royals - Joe Randa. Joe hits a sky high foul ball that looks like its headed for the first base side. Yep, it's headed straight for our section. I stand up with the baby in my left arm, and I already had my beer in my right hand. As I notice the ball tracking right for me on my left side, I switch the baby to my right arm, with the beer still in my right hand, and snag the ball up high with my left hand. Holy shit! I got the ball, the baby and no spilled beer! What a moment. The crowd around me cheers, as my wife is rolling back to her seat. "What's going on?", she says. Well, the explanation, no matter how much I tempered it, didn't make her happy:-). She saw that as me putting her baby in the line of fire, and she was probably right. By the end of the game, she had settled down enough to take a pic with me, and my Son holding the ball. I have the ball and pic in a picture box. It's a hell of a great memory (and the Royals won :-) ).
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:36 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Awesome! I took my then 13 month old Son to his first game and it was a Royals vs Cubs game in Wrigley - it was a beautiful Sunday afternoon in July. At that time, we had Company tickets that were about 10 rows up from the 1st base dugout. There was a walkway on our row of seats where people couldn't walk in front of you unless their seat was on that row. It was awesome, especially for a tall guy like me who could spread out.

Anyway, I had just bought my wife and I a couple of beers, and as soon as I got back, she got up to go to the bathroom. There I am - the proud Papa with my son in my lap, and sipping on a frosty cold Old Style. Up to bat for the Royals - Joe Randa. Joe hits a sky high foul ball that looks like its headed for the first base side. Yep, it's headed straight for our section. I stand up with the baby in my left arm, and I already had my beer in my right hand. As I notice the ball tracking right for me on my left side, I switch the baby to my right arm, with the beer still in my right hand, and snag the ball up high with my left hand. Holy shit! I got the ball, the baby and no spilled beer! What a moment. The crowd around me cheers, as my wife is rolling back to her seat. "What's going on?", she says. Well, the explanation, no matter how much I tempered it, didn't make her happy:-). She saw that as me putting her baby in the line of fire, and she was probably right. By the end of the game, she had settled down enough to take a pic with me, and my Son holding the ball. I have the ball and pic in a picture box. It's a hell of a great memory (and the Royals won :-) ).

Awesome! If I was in your section I’d be compelled to buy your next round.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:39 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Awesome. I took my kids to the games on Friday and Saturday. Three daughters (11, 9, and 7) and my newborn son (4 months). I taught the older daughters to keep score while we watched the game on TV on Thursday night, and they helped me keep score at both of the games we attended. They kept asking questions to confirm they were keeping score correctly. ("That's a forward K since he swung, right?") It was great. I've been trying for years to get them into sports, and I think they're finally starting to enjoy it. (I also took my oldest to her first Chiefs game last season.) When the 9-year-old woke up on Sunday morning, she said, "It's weird not being at a hotel and getting ready to go to the Royals game."

We got them Blue Crew memberships while we were there. They got cute little Royals earrings and wanted everything in the team store. They put on their Royals temporary tattoos and Blue Crew lanyards as soon as they got home. Looking forward to going to more games later this summer.

This is a big leaguer post^. Rep.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 05:23 PM 06-07-2021
Royals have DFA'd Newberry to make room for Kowar.
[Reply]
TLO 05:38 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
Royals have DFA'd Newberry to make room for Kowar.
Who?
[Reply]
phisherman 07:16 PM 06-07-2021
Jackson Kowar, our starting pitcher for tonight's game. Tonight is his first big league start. He's dominated in AAA so far this year. Fastball/changeup guy.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:20 PM 06-07-2021
Where’s the thread for tonight?!?!?!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:21 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Start it I'm working late tonight
[Reply]
tk13 07:28 PM 06-07-2021
I was just making one because no one else had. There you go.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:44 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Start it I'm working late tonight
I'm 0-3 so far this year.

I'm not starting another thread.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 08:48 PM 06-07-2021
I'm 0-3 so far this year.

I'm not starting another thread.
Maybe cause you spelled it "Royalys," dude!
[Reply]
lewdog 08:49 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Maybe cause you spelled it "Royalys," dude!
I know. I fat fingered it and then I couldn't edit the title! :-)
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:56 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Took fam today. (Btw: NO PURSES! New policy. wife had to take golf cart to the car to drop hers off. Be warned!)

8yr old son sat on my lap all game. First game. Asked 500 questions. It was glorious, and I but my tongue at Lopez’ Bunt triple play. Hope any of you young guys who aren’t married yet, or don’t have kids yet, get this experience some day.
In a few years when he gets a CP account we start correcting all the bad info you gave him.
[Reply]
Page 173 of 440
« First < 73123163169170171172173 174175176177183223273 > Last »
Up