ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 80
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 Missouri Tigers Football Thread *****
KChiefs1 10:06 AM 09-19-2020

ONE. WEEK. ‼️#MIZ x #NewZou ���� pic.twitter.com/lVw1iNzQKL

— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) September 19, 2020

The 2020 Mizzou Football schedule is out, and woo-boy we get Bama and LSU in week 1 and 3 https://t.co/TD1UgG3JMp

— ROCK Mask NATION (@RockMNation) August 18, 2020

[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:27 AM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
It's been the same one or two people that shit on everything.

The ceiling is higher in Columbia than it is in Lexington. They beat Stoops last year and near doubled down last night and dipshit Barry really left the cupboards bare outside of a few guys.

Missouri will be in the mix for the SECCG again in a few years.
Yeah we'll see what the new divisions look like with OU and Texas look like so I'm not as bullish as you are but what I can say is Drink has recruited his ass off. That kid you stole from us recently might not be much til years 3 and 4 he'll be a player. I think with Drink they'll resemble the Pinkel years and thats pretty damn good in the SEC.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:47 AM 09-12-2021
I’d expect a pod system rather than 8-team divisions once OU and Texas are officially in the SEC.

OU
Texas
Missouri
Arkansas

LSU
aTm
Ole Miss
Miss State

Alabama
Auburn
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
South Carolina

Pods would enable more schedule flexibility and that every team plays every other team in a four-year cycle. It’s the logical adjustment once they get to 16.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 04:12 AM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Kentucky is also breaking a new OC that is dramatically different from anything Stoops has had as well as a new QB.

I’m happy with the result and not the execution. They can’t win if they turnover the ball like they did.

They let a team that isn’t as good as them hang-in(who played very well to be in that position). It’s a learning opportunity from a win for Kentucky. If they do that same shit against Florida or LSU, they will lose.
If you really think Kentucky let us just “hang-in” there with your “better” team than it sounds like you are in for a rude awakening when you play Florida and LSU. You’re much closer to Mizzou’s level than you are to Florida and LSU. Let’s not act like Kentucky is some sort of threat in the East now. Haha
[Reply]
gblowfish 06:38 AM 09-12-2021
So, ultimately losing by seven was a better showing on offense, but giving up over 500 yards of Kentucky offense, including over 300 rushing (200+ by Rodriguez) was ugly as Hell. Going to be a scary year watching this defense.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:48 AM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
So, ultimately losing by seven was a better showing on offense, but giving up over 500 yards of Kentucky offense, including over 300 rushing (200+ by Rodriguez) was ugly as Hell. Going to be a scary year watching this defense.
Yup.

Ultimately, as many have already stated, just don’t have the horses on D right now to consistently win in the SEC. It is what it is.

Give it a couple recruiting cycles with Drink’s kids and I think we’ll see the results on the field improve dramatically.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:16 AM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Guys, the talent on D and on the OL is not where it needs to be. And that isn’t on Drinkwitz.

Nick Bolton, Tyree Gillespie, and Joshua Bledsoe covered up a lot of defensive issues last year. They’re all gone.

The DL is really weak on the ends/edges. Talent is coming, but it has to mature. Win 7 games. Step forward. That’s the key this year. Keep recruiting and building.

Mizzou punched above its weight tonight. It didn’t quit. I think Kentucky closes the year as a top 20/25 team. No shame in losing that game to them on the road.

Beat BC in two weeks. Win your other noncon games. Beat South Carolina, Tennessee, and Vandy. Get one vs Arkansas.

That gets you to 8-4 and .500 in the SEC. respectable and arrow pointed up. Even 7-5 is workable.
Maybe it is just me, but Bazelak looks like he throws too much into coverage he shouldn't. I realize he is just a Sophomore, but some of his decision making was off last night.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:51 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah we'll see what the new divisions look like with OU and Texas look like so I'm not as bullish as you are but what I can say is Drink has recruited his ass off. That kid you stole from us recently might not be much til years 3 and 4 he'll be a player. I think with Drink they'll resemble the Pinkel years and thats pretty damn good in the SEC.
Agreed. Pinkel got them to Atlanta 2 years in a row and I think he can match it.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:46 PM 09-17-2021
Found this recruiting piece about Luther Burden. MU is in his top 3 and Mizzou is looking like the favorite over Alabama and Georgia. That just blows my mind to think that the kid would choose MU over those 2. Drink is the man. Even if he doesn't end up getting him. He's doing a hell of a job recruiting.

https://www.rockmnation.com/missouri...-luther-burden
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:37 AM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Found this recruiting piece about Luther Burden. MU is in his top 3 and Mizzou is looking like the favorite over Alabama and Georgia. That just blows my mind to think that the kid would choose MU over those 2. Drink is the man. Even if he doesn't end up getting him. He's doing a hell of a job recruiting.

https://www.rockmnation.com/missouri...-luther-burden
What a huge get he would be. Havent been this excited for MU Football in awhile. Drink is the real deal and I wish we would have been able to get him years earlier.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:52 AM 09-18-2021
NIL is helping with Burden. He would have opportunities as a local star/hero that he wouldn’t at UGA.

Plus, UGA runs an antiquated offense that doesn’t take advantage of its talent at WR. Not super enticing.

I’m more worried about Alabama, though all indications are that Georgia is the biggest competition for him.

Dude is a freak. Possibly more translatable to the college game than Dorial Green-Beckham (which is scary if you look at how good he was as a sophomore in 2013).
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:16 PM 09-18-2021
I missed the game today. I see that MU son 59-28. SEMO isn't exactly a tough out, so a blowout was expected. Did anyone see it and have any input on how it went?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:21 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I missed the game today. I see that MU son 59-28. SEMO isn't exactly a tough out, so a blowout was expected. Did anyone see it and have any input on how it went?
Starters could've taken that game 80-0.

2nd stringers could've won 50-7.

Third stringers weren't so great.

SEMO didn't offer enough of a test to actually learn anything though. It was a rollover until they emptied the bench.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:26 PM 09-18-2021
Lol. Sounds about like I expected. Thanks for the input.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:24 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Starters could've taken that game 80-0.

2nd stringers could've won 50-7.

Third stringers weren't so great.

SEMO didn't offer enough of a test to actually learn anything though. It was a rollover until they emptied the bench.
I hate these games. It's like the Yankees playing a single A minor league team and the 50-1 final score counts as a real win. :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:50 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
NIL is helping with Burden. He would have opportunities as a local star/hero that he wouldn’t at UGA.

Plus, UGA runs an antiquated offense that doesn’t take advantage of its talent at WR. Not super enticing.

I’m more worried about Alabama, though all indications are that Georgia is the biggest competition for him.

Dude is a freak. Possibly more translatable to the college game than Dorial Green-Beckham (which is scary if you look at how good he was as a sophomore in 2013).
Dom Lovett breaking out as a true freshman won't hurt either.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 80
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Up