ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2578 of 3903
« First < 1578207824782528256825742575257625772578 257925802581258225882628267830783578 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 09:30 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Based on what we know so far, not likely.

Where is everyone getting the info that kids are getting, passing and having issues here? Everything I’ve read is the opposite?
Actually you do appear to have backing on this. It's very interesting.

https://pediatrics.aappublications.o...ds.2020-004879
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:31 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
If you can't trust Great White when it comes to fan safety, who can you trust?
:-) Pretty much anyone other than uhhh....Great White.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:33 PM 07-12-2020
I'm actually fucking astounded by the fact that people would show up to that concert. First, you have to listen to shitty Great White, and then, as if that isn't enough suffering, you end up with teh COVID.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:36 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Actually you do appear to have backing on this. It's very interesting.

https://pediatrics.aappublications.o...ds.2020-004879
If I was talking to you I would explain there are several studies like this and some have already been linked. One theory is that the younger children simply do not possess enough "power" to expel enough of the virus to infect others based on the size of their lungs, or lackethereof.

But **** you, I am not talking to you and kiss my ass.
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 PM 07-12-2020
It definitely won’t or can’t be business as usual. It’s a fucked up situation all around
[Reply]
lewdog 09:41 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
If I was talking to you I would explain there are several studies like this and some have already been linked. One theory is that the younger children simply do not possess enough "power" to expel enough of the virus to infect others based on the size of their lungs, or lackethereof.

But **** you, I am not talking to you and kiss my ass.
Have a nice night.

Xoxo
Lewdog
[Reply]
petegz28 09:42 PM 07-12-2020
It definitely won’t or can’t be business as usual. It’s a ****ed up situation all around
It won't be that's for sure. But it is not a binary situation though some seem to think otherwise.

The fact is we have no idea when a vaccine is coming and really that isn't the fix. The fix is treatments for when you do get it. We are making progress but at some point you have to keep life going as well. We can't just stop. We can lock down for months and watch it all go away then all it takes is one person to get it and it starts all over again.

And FTR, sore throat is the 8th most common symptom, contrary to popular belief. Only 31% of cases has stated they had a sore throat.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 09:57 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Seriously...**** that band. Their music sucks anyway.

They did have like 3 good songs......
No they didn't.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:03 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
No they didn't.
Sure they did:

Rock Me
Lady Red Light
Angel Song
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:13 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
No they didn't.
Rock Me

that is the list
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:15 PM 07-12-2020
You have kids?
Yes.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:23 PM 07-12-2020
I wish it was that simple. But it's not. As I mentioned, they've had months to plan for this. Analyze every aspect of a child's day at your school. Identify risks, either eliminate or mitigate. Get it fucking done. Or send me half of my fucking property tax money back.
Never sending you that money back because there is still all the same overhead involved. There will be at least online classes.
I work at a private university. We have been planning as well we have been doing lots of things to mitigate risks. It is not perfect nor is it gonna be. Several of our professors are not sure if they will even participate in seated environment. We are providing the clear face shields for all professors. We are limiting classroom size to 10 students per average size classroom. We are putting ionizers and UV lights in common areas and classrooms.

[Reply]
Bugeater 10:33 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Never sending you that money back because there is still all the same overhead involved. There will be at least online classes.
I work at a private university. We have been planning as well we have been doing lots of things to mitigate risks. It is not perfect nor is it gonna be. Several of our professors are not sure if they will even participate in seated environment. We are providing the clear face shields for all professors. We are limiting classroom size to 10 students per average size classroom. We are putting ionizers and UV lights in common areas and classrooms.

Not the same overhead without students. No way. Lights aren't on, minimal heat/AC, waaay less water usage, no wear and tear and kids breaking shit. Sure, still have regular maintenance to do but make no mistake, they're saving some change.

I know better than to expect any tax money back. I don't have school age children so it's already money I'm not getting anything in return for. But if I did, I'd feel a whole lot different about it, because all the shit they're saving money on...is costing me now. If they don't open, they owe the parents an awful lot.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:51 PM 07-12-2020
Not the same overhead without students. No way. Lights aren't on, minimal heat/AC, waaay less water usage, no wear and tear and kids breaking shit. Sure, still have regular maintenance to do but make no mistake, they're saving some change.

I know better than to expect any tax money back. I don't have school age children so it's already money I'm not getting anything in return for. But if I did, I'd feel a whole lot different about it, because all the shit they're saving money on...is costing me now. If they don't open, they owe the parents an awful lot.
A very large percentage of educational costs are personnel. The savings related to empty buildings is less than 15% unless you are talking about permanent changes in how education is delivered (selling buildings, etc.)

Teachers, students and parents all clearly want.place-based face-to-face education. Just hard to do right now.
[Reply]
tk13 10:57 PM 07-12-2020
Based on what we know so far, not likely.

Where is everyone getting the info that kids are getting, passing and having issues here? Everything I’ve read is the opposite?
Donald McNeil was saying this on the NY Times daily podcast the other day. He was the one who basically predicted all this mess before it happened. But he was on the other day, and that was his only real bit of good news... it looked like schools weren't a huge cause of spread and he said we may be able to have school in some form this fall.

Now the flipside is we're far more out of control than some of these other countries who have opened up schools and done fine, so I guess we'll see. He didn't have a specific answer as to why this was the case, because kids can certainly drive a lot of illness. His theory was that when COVID does show up in these kids, it shows up as inflammation in the body and maybe not in a more contagious respiratory way as it does with adults.
[Reply]
Page 2578 of 3903
« First < 1578207824782528256825742575257625772578 257925802581258225882628267830783578 > Last »
Up