ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2571 of 3903
« First < 1571207124712521256125672568256925702571 257225732574257525812621267130713571 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
stumppy 03:03 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Long time reputable news sources seem to have an agenda to push. Left, right, or otherwise.

So do the people with the Twitter and Facebooks.
I edited my post to add CPDC.

Man, if that's what you've decided to believe then live with it. I'll just add that if you run across something that seems to wild to believe, it probably is.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:04 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
How many kids die each year from the flu? That’s apparently an acceptable number so let’s start there.

There are a lot of resources out of Europe and Asia where they’ve found kids are not vectors to adults at much of a high rate at all. Kids also aren’t at a high risk of this thankfully.

You’ve got teachers and staff that are more likely to get it from each other or at home than the kids and that’s the biggest issue.
No shit! And more kids die from the flu than have died from Covid. But there is always some fear some people are going to have to justify hiding.

Now, if I were in Dane's situation I probably wouldn't shove my kids off to school given they are actually taking it on the chin. Most of the country isn't and kids need to be in school.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:09 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
I have a daughter in high school. She says there are parties every week with 40+ people all drinking and hanging with each other indoors and outdoors in swimming pools etc. If that is happening already, why not go to school? I see folks in my hood that have 7-10 kids all jumping on trampolines and bounce houses for birthday parties......why not let them go to school? Those who are nervous about it should home school or distance learn as they wish.

When I was at that age I thought I was invincible as well so hard for me to condemn.

My concern about opening schools is infecting the teachers, staff and vulnerable kids. I just can't see it lasting more than a month until 1 kid tests positive and then the whole school will have to shut down.

Everyone knows that is going to happen right?
[Reply]
petegz28 03:12 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
When I was at that age I thought I was invincible as well so hard for me to condemn.

My concern about opening schools is infecting the teachers, staff and vulnerable kids. I just can't see it lasting more than a month until 1 kid tests positive and then the whole school will have to shut down.

I am glad the people in charge of educating my kid in this area are not thinking like you are. You have no ****ing idea what you are talking about when you say shut down schools. You have no idea what domino effect that will have both short and long term.
[Reply]
Donger 03:12 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
So you dont know how many kids are dying either? Thats ok
Yes, I do:

You are aware that SARS-CoV-2 is a contagious virus with an estimated R0 of 2.5, yes?
[Reply]
jdubya 03:13 PM 07-12-2020

I`m curious how many kids, especially teens, have already been exposed and had covid and were simply asymptomatic or had mild symptoms and waved it off as allergies or something? Just drove by a skate park and there must have been 50 kids all skate boarding and standing next to eachother....
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:13 PM 07-12-2020
How many kids die each year from the flu? That’s apparently an acceptable number so let’s start there.

There are a lot of resources out of Europe and Asia where they’ve found kids are not vectors to adults at much of a high rate at all. Kids also aren’t at a high risk of this thankfully.

You’ve got teachers and staff that are more likely to get it from each other or at home than the kids and that’s the biggest issue.
As I posted yesterday, Florida has had 17k kids test positive so yes kids can get it very easily and they pass it just like adults. Now most of them don't get the worse effects but they will pass it on.

The problem comparing the USA to any other country is most countries have Covid in control, we are far from it.
[Reply]
TLO 03:14 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I edited my post to add CPDC.

Man, if that's what you've decided to believe then live with it. I'll just add that if you run across something that seems to wild to believe, it probably is.
I take your meaning, I really do.

I'm just frustrated.
[Reply]
Donger 03:15 PM 07-12-2020
During the 2018–2019 season, 136 deaths in children with laboratory–confirmed influenza virus infection were reported in the United States8. However, influenza-associated pediatric deaths are likely under-reported as not all children whose death was related to an influenza virus infection may have been tested for influenza9,10. By combining data on hospitalization rates, influenza testing practices, and the frequency of death in and out of the hospital from death certificates, we estimate that there were approximately 480 deaths associated with influenza in children during 2018–2019.
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:16 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
The children? The noisy, messy little shits that run around making everything sticky? All of them.
And my lawn. They're always walking on my damn lawn!
[Reply]
petegz28 03:16 PM 07-12-2020
As I posted yesterday, Florida has had 17k kids test positive so yes kids can get it very easily and they pass it just like adults. Now most of them don't get the worse effects but they will pass it on.

The problem comparing the USA to any other country is most countries have Covid in control, we are far from it.
There are studies that discount this and he even referenced them in general but damn it you "know" it.....
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:18 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I am glad the people in charge of educating my kid in this area are not thinking like you are. You have no ****ing idea what you are talking about when you say shut down schools. You have no idea what domino effect that will have both short and long term.

Sure I do but this is what happens when you fail to control a virus\pandemic.

No one is even talking about what is going to happen here in about a month when mortgage and rent protection expires. We haven't seen the worst of this yet.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:18 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
No shit! And more kids die from the flu than have died from Covid. But there is always some fear some people are going to have to justify hiding.

Now, if I were in Dane's situation I probably wouldn't shove my kids off to school given they are actually taking it on the chin. Most of the country isn't and kids need to be in school.
Logistically it will be difficult to get them back in classes and with the school year coinciding with cold and flu season it will make things even harder , I can’t see having full year without some online or home school stuff at least part time , school sports and after school stuff will not be happening either which is just as important as the in class stuff.
[Reply]
jdubya 03:19 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes, I do:

You are aware that SARS-CoV-2 is a contagious virus with an estimated R0 of 2.5, yes?
So about 26+ kids nationally have died with Covid........so we should close all schools? I guess we disagree. Maybe the kids should go to school and elderly teachers should wear masks or retire if they are worried.
[Reply]
Donger 03:19 PM 07-12-2020
2017-2018 Flu Deaths (0-17)

643 estimated
[Reply]
Page 2571 of 3903
« First < 1571207124712521256125672568256925702571 257225732574257525812621267130713571 > Last »
Up