ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1568 of 3903
« First < 568106814681518155815641565156615671568 156915701571157215781618166820682568 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 04:44 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I have so many questions about the multiple strains.

1. If you develop antibodies from one strain, can you still catch the others?
2. Wouldn't more strains make creating a vaccine more difficult?
3. How do they know which strains are where?
You’d have to really dig into what “multiple strains” actually mean. It’s an RNA virus so it’s going to have a lot of “mutations” but the antigenic structures that our immune response is built on is the same across the spectrum as far as I have read.

So essentially, yes to 1, not really to 2 and 3 is a bit of a redundancy
[Reply]
O.city 04:48 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The hydroxychloroquine study done by the VA was not perfect, because it was a retrospective analysis rather than a prospective, randomized, controlled, double-blinded trial. Although the information therein points to a lack of efficacy for hydroxychloroquine, it in and of itself is not definitive as a standalone. Again, this is also a pre-print, meaning it has not gone through peer review.

The author's conclusions point to an increased mortality risk from hydroxychloroquine, and no morbidity benefit (need for a vent) from hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin, but again, this has not undergone peer review

I would encourage everyone to simply ignore content from medrixiv.org unless you've taken courses in biostatistics and/or evidence-based medicine. It is more harmful than helpful to the layperson.
I remember taking biostatistics, microbial physiology, pchem, histology and immunology all in one semester.

It was not enjoyable.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:02 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I remember taking biostatistics, microbial physiology, pchem, histology and immunology all in one semester.

It was not enjoyable.
Jesus Fuck.

Did you pass them all? My fucking head exploded just thinking of taking one of them.

I salute you smart motherfuckers. Looking at you too, Hamas.
[Reply]
Donger 05:06 PM 04-21-2020
I case anyone was wondering, they are saying that SARS-CoV-2 can "survive" for up to 28 days in the fridge. I don't know if that's infectious, or just detectable.
[Reply]
O.city 05:09 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Jesus ****.

Did you pass them all? My ****ing head exploded just thinking of taking one of them.

I salute you smart mother****ers. Looking at you too, Hamas.
Fuck yeah. I think I actually carried a pretty solid gpa that semester

My social life was in the fucking tank but I was pretty much married and she was a grad assistant for the volleyball team at MSU so we were both busy as hell anyway.

I was a teaching assistant in the anatomy lab one year, don’t think it was during that semester though. That made for some fun Friday nights sitting in a lab with 2 cadavers and like 2 other students.

One night there was a group of students in there and me and another TA tied a string around one of the cadavers arms and pulled it off the table while they weren’t really paying attention.

Caused quite a stir
[Reply]
O.city 05:11 PM 04-21-2020
Biostatistics was fucking awful. No clue how you numbers guys do it
[Reply]
O.city 05:11 PM 04-21-2020
And otwp, I mailed something to you today. Don’t spill it
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:12 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Jesus Fuck.

Did you pass them all? My fucking head exploded just thinking of taking one of them.

I salute you smart motherfuckers. Looking at you too, Hamas.
Third semester was the worst for me: Pathophys, Pharmaceutics II, Pharmacology II, Top Drugs II, Compounding + Lab, Health Economics, Patient Assessment + Lab.

I think it was 20 hours. We had eight finals in a week plus a clinical exam that you either got full credit for or a zero. It sucked.
[Reply]
O.city 05:13 PM 04-21-2020
Third semester was the worst for me: Pathophys, Pharmaceutics II, Pharmacology II, Top Drugs II, Compounding + Lab, Health Economics, Patient Assessment + Lab.

I think it was 20 hours. We had eight finals in a week plus a clinical exam that you either got full credit for or a zero. It sucked.
I remember my pharmacy buddies going thru all that. Wasn’t a good time to be around them.

2nd year of dental school we took a total of 65 hours. It was awful
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:14 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
And otwp, I mailed something to you today. Don’t spill it
*please don't be a jug of his piss*
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:17 PM 04-21-2020

[Reply]
TLO 05:36 PM 04-21-2020
IMHE model updated again today if you want to check it out.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america
[Reply]
Monticore 05:39 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
I'm not a doctor, nor am I conducting a study. I'm talking about what the proposed treatment and effective usage of the drug is.

Would I request it if I started showing symptoms? Hell yes, but I would ask my doctor first. I would ask for Remdesivir too.
My wife is a Doctor and she wouldn't take it.
[Reply]
notorious 05:39 PM 04-21-2020

My brother graduated from pharm school (SWOSU) back in 95', and only had to do 4 years (4 1/2 including internship).

He is insanely intelligent, and you remind me a little of him.

He said that times have changed since then. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:50 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Is everyone masked up?
Yes. It's a law in California with a misdemeanor fine of $1,000 dollars if you're found not complying. There was actually a police SUV in the parking lot near the entrance.

What was truly bizarre was not just that the store was near empty (they were only allowing 50 customers at a time) but that there was a recording that repeated over the speaker system every minute stating "It's California law for employees and customers to wear a face mask. Non-compliance is punishable by a $1,000 dollar fine".

I felt like I was in a Sci Fi movie.

Originally Posted by Monticore:
Start coughing maybe they will let you go ahead.
It wouldn't have worked because we were all 6 feet apart in line. It was kinda bonkers. At least it was only 75 degrees. It's supposed be 90 degrees and above starting tomorrow.
[Reply]
Page 1568 of 3903
« First < 568106814681518155815641565156615671568 156915701571157215781618166820682568 > Last »
Up