JakeF 03:58 PM 09-16-2021
https://www.chiefs.com/news/week-2-i...iefs-vs-ravens

Week 2 Injury Report | Chiefs vs. Ravens

Injuries for the Chiefs Week 2 matchup against the Baltimore Ravens
Sep 15, 2021 at 05:06 PM

[Reply]
SupDock 01:14 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He single-handedly turned that Green Bay/Detroit game with his bullshit calls. Almost as bad as the way Triplette ****ed us in that Titans playoff loss.
Ugh. That Titans game. I will never get over that. One of the worst calls in history.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:17 PM 09-18-2021
I wouldn’t touch this game betting-wise due to Blakeman & the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:20 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
To use a previous example given as to why I am wrong, if you flip that fair coin 100 times, and the first 5 times it lands on heads, there is no reason to believe that landing on heads the next 95 times isn't possible. Because, previous outcomes do not affect future outcomes, correct?

What I am saying is that every time that coin lands on heads, the next flip becomes more likely to land on tails, regardless of the fact that previous outcomes do not influence future outcomes. Again, what you are saying is true, but in actual practice we all know that coin is going to land on tails at some point during those next 95 flips.
No single flip affects the probability of another flip, no matter how cumulative.

What you are conflating is that as you accumulate flips into a single body of results, the probability of a singular outcome [all heads or all tails] becomes more and more remote.

1 flip - 1 of 2 [2^1] things happens H/T
2 flip - 1 of 4 [2^2] things HH/HT/TH/TT
3 flip - 1 of 8 [2^3] things HHH/HHT/HTH/THH/TTH/HTT/THT/TTT

etc. [2^x]

You are conflating episodic probability to aggregate probability.

EDIT - also this

Originally Posted by SupDock:
It is absolutely possible, but improbable for any specific series of 100 flips.

The probability of flipping a fair coin and getting 100 Heads in a row is 1 in 2^100. That's 1 in 1,267,650,600,228,229,401,496,703,205,376.

If you flipped heads 99 times in a row, the odd of the next being heads is still 50 percent.

[Reply]
SupDock 01:25 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
No single flip affects the probability of another flip, no matter how cumulative.

What you are conflating is that as you accumulate flips into a single body of results, the probability of a singular outcome [all heads or all tails] becomes more and more remote.

etc. [2^x]

EDIT - also this
Great way of describing.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:26 PM 09-18-2021

The probability of flipping a fair coin and getting 100 Heads in a row is 1 in 2^100. That's 1 in 1,267,650,600,228,229,401,496,703,205,376.

If you flipped heads 99 times in a row, the odd of the next being heads is still 50 percent.
Do all objects fall at the same rate of speed? Yes, IN A VACUUM or on the surface of the moon. Stating that all objects fall at the same rate of speed is absolutely true.

That is just as true as what you are saying. I have, several times, stated that what you say is true. In theory.

In practice, regardless of how you argue against it, we just "know" that a coin will not land on one side 100 time in a row.

Outside of a vacuum, or the surface of the moon, a bowling ball falls faster than a feather, in practice, because of existence of wind resistance. The bowling ball is more aerodynamic than the feather, with less surface area affected by wind resistance.

Your statement is absolutely true, in a theoretical vacuum. Just because Mahomes has never thrown an interception in September, or lost in September, or lost to Lamar Jackson, plays no part in whether he does any of those in the future.

But yet, you believe that those things will eventually happen, even if you can't admit why.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Frazod 01:29 PM 09-18-2021
Ugh. That Titans game. I will never get over that. One of the worst calls in history.
Another byproduct of the unholy union of the NFL and professional gambling. It's so easy to change the outcome of a game with a couple of bogus calls/non calls. And none of these cocksuckers have any personal accountability.

BTW, Blakeman's day job is being a fucking lawyer.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:30 PM 09-18-2021
Do all objects fall at the same rate of speed? Yes, IN A VACUUM or on the surface of the moon. Stating that all objects fall at the same rate of speed is absolutely true.

That is just as true as what you are saying. I have, several times, stated that what you say is true. In theory.

In practice, regardless of how you argue against it, we just "know" that a coin will not land on one side 100 time in a row.

Outside of a vacuum, or the surface of the moon, a bowling ball falls faster than a feather, in practice, because of existence of wind resistance. The bowling ball is more aerodynamic than the feather, with less surface area affected by wind resistance.

Your statement is absolutely true, in a theoretical vacuum. Just because Mahomes has never thrown an interception in September, or lost in September, or lost to Lamar Jackson, plays no part in whether he does any of those in the future.

But yet, you believe that those things will eventually happen, even if you can't admit why.

I understand what you are trying to say, and you are wrong. I don’t really know how else to respond.

You said that a coin becomes more likely to land tails the more times it has landed heads in a row. That’s a preposterous assertion, whether you are speaking about “theory” or “reality”
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:31 PM 09-18-2021

etc. [2^x]

EDIT - also this
I don't even know how to explain that you literally just made my point, regardless of episodic probability to aggregate probability.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:46 PM 09-18-2021
I don't even know how to explain
There's a reason for that, and you might not like it.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:47 PM 09-18-2021
There's a reason for that, and you might not like it.
Heh

It's how we learn...
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:57 PM 09-18-2021
But tomorrow night, we aren't playing the Ravens 100 times.

Tomorrow night, we are only playing them once.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:07 PM 09-18-2021
Mahomes in September:

[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 06:29 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Mahomes in September:
That's a deep cut. Man, I haven't thought about that movie in a long time.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:52 PM 09-18-2021
Danna is very sweet and nice but we need Clark in there.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up