ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 208
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****2021 NFL DRAFT THREAD - NO SPOILERS*****
Dante84 04:02 PM 04-28-2021
Version 2021 - REVENGE TOUR EDITION

Let's ****ing do this.

Rules for once the draft begins:
  1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's So and So to Green Bay) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").
  2. Don't be a dick.
Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny. I'll also be starting player threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.

Here is our current pick order:Here is a list of the prospects the Chiefs have shown interest in this year.

View the 2020 Draft thread here
View the 2019 Draft thread here
View the 2018 Draft thread here
View the 2017 Draft thread here

[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:57 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I like Fields but don't trust Nagy at all. He is very stubborn and I worry that he won't build his offense to Fields correctly.
Oh, I don't know.

Now, I wasn't big on Trubisky from the start, but I DO know that there were a TON of times guys were wide open and he just didn't see them. So I don't view that as a scheme issue so much as he just flat couldn't read the field.

So much for 'most NFL ready QB in the 2017 draft'.

I mean Nagy was drawing stuff up, and it was open, and the guy just couldn't see the open man.

Dalton is a competent is unexciting QB; and Fields can play as soon as he's ready but doesn't have to play day one. I think it's a good situation.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:58 AM 04-30-2021

Chris Ballard hanging up on John Dorsey.

A Draft tradition. �� pic.twitter.com/4heHdvRMk7

— Indianapolis Colts (@Colts) April 30, 2021

[Reply]
ModSocks 10:59 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That's fucking hilarious.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:00 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Oh, I don't know.

Now, I wasn't big on Trubisky from the start, but I DO know that there were a TON of times guys were wide open and he just didn't see them. So I don't view that as a scheme issue so much as he just flat couldn't read the field.

So much for 'most NFL ready QB in the 2017 draft'.

I mean Nagy was drawing stuff up, and it was open, and the guy just couldn't see the open man.

Dalton is a competent is unexciting QB; and Fields can play as soon as he's ready but doesn't have to play day one. I think it's a good situation.
Trubisky struggles going past his first read. When Nagy stopped calling plays and Lazor took over Bears and Trubisky started scoring closer to 30 points a game.

I worry that Nagy will just run what he wants like he did with Trib.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:03 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Trubisky struggles going past his first read. When Nagy stopped calling plays and Lazor took over Bears and Trubisky started scoring closer to 30 points a game.

I worry that Nagy will just run what he wants like he did with Trib.
He's going to need to do that with Fields, at least to begin with. The transition from tOSU's offense to an NFL WCO attack is kind of steep.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:15 AM 04-30-2021
Why is Dorsey calling Ballard talking trade? He’s not the Lions GM. Just because of their relationship I’m assuming?

Hilarious though.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:18 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's going to need to do that with Fields, at least to begin with. The transition from tOSU's offense to an NFL WCO attack is kind of steep.
The Ginger Gunslinger is good enough to keep the Bears in range until Fields is ready.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:23 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Why is Dorsey calling Ballard talking trade? He’s not the Lions GM. Just because of their relationship I’m assuming?

Hilarious though.
He does it every year. It’s a joke he plays on him
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:33 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Lots of bad grades out there on this pick. As of right now, I think it was a mistake & the worst pick of the first round. They could have traded down and picked him up later. But nobody knows how a player will transition to the NFL until they play. So we’ll see.

From CBS:
“No disrespect to Alabama offensive lineman Alex Leatherwood, whose dreams came true Thursday night. But since when do the Raiders deserve the benefit of the doubt for reaching on a first-round prospect? Widely considered more of an early Day Two target, Leatherwood instead went No. 17 despite other tackles like Christian Darrisaw -- and top defenders like Jamin Davis and Kwity Paye -- being available. Las Vegas shuffled its O-line this offseason, but it's very hard to say it got better.”
I've also seen plenty of good grades on the pick. As it is, I'll take Mayock's pick over any of the dweebs from BSPN.

Kiper is wrong year in and year out, but still acts like he is some sort of authority.
[Reply]
Sofa King 11:50 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I've also seen plenty of good grades on the pick. As it is, I'll take Mayock's pick over any of the dweebs from BSPN.

Kiper is wrong year in and year out, but still acts like he is some sort of authority.
Well in Kiper's defense, it's not easy to do mock draft when poorly run organizations like the Raiders keep making terrible picks. The Raiders' inability to draft worth a shit makes Kiper look bad too.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:53 AM 04-30-2021
Wasn’t Kiper supposed to resign when Clausen busted?
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:57 AM 04-30-2021

Can you link somebody or at least mention who gave that pick a good grade?

I believe you and all, but I'm really curious what the hell they saw or knew that made this a good pick.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:03 PM 04-30-2021

lol

Major friction in Las Vegas?

PFN Chief NFL Insider @TonyPauline is reporting that after the Alex Leatherwood selection last night, a major shake-up will be coming soon and 'significant heads' are expected to roll within the #Raiders.

— Pro Football Network (@PFN365) April 30, 2021

[Reply]
ModSocks 12:13 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
lol

I bet that's bullshit.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:13 PM 04-30-2021
This is pretty cool

The #Cardinals call to Zaven Collins last night is AWESOME.pic.twitter.com/Y6uEfL5ew1

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 30, 2021

[Reply]
Page 95 of 208
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Up