ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3600 of 3903
« First < 2600310035003550359035963597359835993600 3601360236033604361036503700 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
NotDonger 10:37 AM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Haven't really followed this thread or similar ones, but it's interesting to me that about 2/3 of France is opposed to the vaccines, but here you're treated like a bumbling know-nothing country bumpkin if you even have the slightest concern about it. Do we really think the average American is more sophisticated and knowledgeable than the average French person?
If only 2/3 of France had opposed something else in 1940...
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:57 AM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Opposed or not, France has vaccinated a higher percentage of their population than the US has. 52.90% of the population is vaxxed in France.

https://www.sortiraparis.com/news/in...rmedfr/lang/en
That's because they recently began requiring vaccination to essentially survive. Rate of vaccination was very low and then skyrocketed overnight.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:17 AM 08-03-2021
Doesn’t France’s confidence levels correlate with the AstraZeneca vaccine issues though?
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:26 AM 08-03-2021
That's because they recently began requiring vaccination to essentially survive. Rate of vaccination was very low and then skyrocketed overnight.
Nice, they had the balls to do it.... restaurants and travel requiring proof. :-)
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 11:55 AM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Nice, they had the balls to do it.... restaurants and travel requiring proof. :-)
No Vaccine No Cuisine.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:56 AM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I would associate hearing differenlty, but that makes sense. I tend to not put a whole lot of weight on social media with medical stuff because of social media and such atleast until I can ask around about it.
Not sure how my wife has survived as a doctor having never referred to social media in her life.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:57 AM 08-03-2021
A local dive bar in the middle of nowhere up here is only allowing vaccinated patrons.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:05 PM 08-03-2021
There's several bars around Chicago that are proof of vax only
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:10 PM 08-03-2021
Looks like they were idiots before Covid...

And 12-20% are really ****ing stupid.

https://fleishmanhillard.eu/2021/04/...nes-in-the-eu/
The microchip theory might be ridiculous, but there's nothing stupid about being hesitant at this point.

Big Pharma is the least-trusted industry in America (backed up by polls) and constantly faces lawsuits. Now they've rushed an experimental product to market without proper testing, and are immune to liability, yet for some reason it's considered dumb to not be first in line. Despite many of us having a 99.99% chance of surviving Covid.

People can downplay the side effects/deaths we've seen to this point, but no one has the slightest clue about longterm effects. Pretending that we do is far dumber than taking a wait and see approach.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:43 PM 08-03-2021
The microchip theory might be ridiculous, but there's nothing stupid about being hesitant at this point.

Big Pharma is the least-trusted industry in America (backed up by polls) and constantly faces lawsuits. Now they've rushed an experimental product to market without proper testing, and are immune to liability, yet for some reason it's considered dumb to not be first in line. Despite many of us having a 99.99% chance of surviving Covid.

People can downplay the side effects/deaths we've seen to this point, but no one has the slightest clue about longterm effects. Pretending that we do is far dumber than taking a wait and see approach.
Here are the issues with that:
  1. There have NEVER been any major long-term effects from any vaccine we've ever had. Ever. There is literally no historical precent for concern.
  2. It's not experimental. The technique has been in development for decades. Just because it hasn't been deployed in this way in the past doesn't mean it's something out of Frankenstein.
  3. Many of the same people who say they're concerned about the long-term effects of the vaccine have spent their entire lives smoking, drinking, and taking a plethora of other drugs without thinking about it. ALL drugs have possible side effects, but when you give one the label of "vaccine," people lose their minds about it.
  4. As an individual, sure, your likelihood of dying is relatively low. But you're dooming us all to living with this shit forever. So I suppose if you love mask mandates, capacity limits, and events being cancelled, you have a point. Otherwise, you're just being selfish.

[Reply]
Bearcat 12:46 PM 08-03-2021

The rushed thing has been dismantled over and over. And yeah, they face lawsuits of FDA approved stuff that goes through long trials (5 years, IIRC), so I'm not sure what "rushed" has to do with it... they will most likely get approved and we would most likely not know about long term side effects for years.

And we're at 350 million doses given in the US and ~7-8 months in, so not exactly first in line at this point.

In theory, we should all wait 20 years, or at least 5-10... I mean, if nothing has happened in 6+ months, a year or two probably won't be significant either. :-)

End of the day, I don't care any longer.... if people don't feel like there's a great option to protect themselves and the mask mandates don't help the hospitals in the hotspots, then unvaccinated people should stay home so those areas don't have to lockdown completely.

Everything else at this point is just noise because none of us have any control over future lockdowns, but we all know what will cause the next one.

Originally Posted by :
Richard M Carpiano, PhD, a professor of public policy at University of California, Riverside, said part of the opposition to vaccine passports stems from many Americans not being used to thinking about what’s best for the community versus the individual.

“A lot of times [the discussion about mandates] gets spun as ‘I should be able to do whatever I want,’ but that’s really not the basis of our social contract in this country, which is: ‘You’re free to do things that you want, provided that they don’t harm other people,’” he said.

[Reply]
Monticore 12:52 PM 08-03-2021

there doesn't seem to be as much hesitancy towards all the new drugs/vaccine released in the last ten years.

How long is long enough to wait when it come to long term side effects 5 years , 20 100, we already know that COVID has long term effects and vaccines in the past haven't shown to have any.

Yes this is new tech for vaccines but you make it sound like new medical tech has never out performed old tech there is a reason people don't come into hospitals asking to be treated like they did in 1800s.

If you don't trust american big pharma you could try the vaccines produced in china/russia/india .
[Reply]
jdubya 01:15 PM 08-03-2021
My entire family and I are fully vaccinated and I have no worries about it however I cringe at how some are so easily OK with it being required. Good Lord.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:19 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Here are the issues with that:
[list=1][*]There have NEVER been any major long-term effects from any vaccine we've ever had. Ever. There is literally no historical precent for concern.
You have some good points, and that's why it's a tough issue.

But how exactly can someone make this statement with any certainty? How would that be proven?

Plus, obviously, this is not a traditional vaccine.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:19 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
My entire family and I are fully vaccinated and I have no worries about it however I cringe at how some are so easily OK with it being required. Good Lord.
Honest question: Do you feel the same way about HepB, DTap, IPV, MMR, chicken pox, and Tdap vaccines being required for school kids?
[Reply]
Page 3600 of 3903
« First < 2600310035003550359035963597359835993600 3601360236033604361036503700 > Last »
Up