Page 18 of 44
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:45 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I mean, it could very well be a woke disaster of a show on the level of Star Trek Discovery, but we have no indication on that for now. Nothing at all to go on either.
We have evidence. Changing character's races is rarely a good sign.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:08 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But we should be able to point out red flags, and instead of just throwing terms like "woke" around, I think it's a more productive discussion when you're specific.
Honestly, I don't think I've had any issue with anything you've said here. You articulate your issues and take a wait-and-see approach.

It's the brainless crowd that gets me. Clay is their ringleader. Here lately we've also gotten "Why don't they just write their own stories!?!" and "Well they can't even read/write!". That's just dumb.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:06 PM 08-31-2022
I don't know this guy's political bent, and I haven't read the entire review, but here's a review from the Daily Mail (it has other, including some more positive, reviews noted at the bottom of the article):

CHRISTOPHER STEVENS reviews The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power: No turkey, however bloated and stupid, could ever be big enough to convey the mesmerising awfulness of Amazon's billion dollar Tolkien epic
[Reply]
Fish 04:26 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Lol Man, hell nah. BleedingRed is a huge, unapologetic racist.

That is a major change and I hadn't even heard of that. Not one mention of it in this thread.. but there's been a lot of crying about black people.

I'm sure you can understand why I'd question some people's thought process.
Technically, Tolkien wrote Unfinished Tales right before he died, that explained how Galadriel fought in Faenor's rebellion. The Kinslayer. Not much detail at all. But I think that's what they're going for in the trailer.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:42 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Lol Man, hell nah. BleedingRed is a huge, unapologetic racist.

That is a major change and I hadn't even heard of that. Not one mention of it in this thread.. but there's been a lot of crying about black people.

I'm sure you can understand why I'd question some people's thought process.
Oh look the grand wizard of the KKK lands has come to project his racist shit onto other people!

Welcome exalted WIZARD!
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:29 PM 08-31-2022
Galadriel is already thousands of years old, married and has a child in the second age. The trailer looks like she is going to have some kind of romantic relationship with Sauron. /puke
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:06 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Galadriel is already thousands of years old, married and has a child in the second age. The trailer looks like she is going to have some kind of romantic relationship with Sauron. /puke
Its because this is a woke shit story. Its not throwing WOKE around, or being RACIST to call garbage, garbage.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:26 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
We have evidence. Changing character's races is rarely a good sign.
Nick Fury disagrees.

He is hardly alone.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:51 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Nick Fury disagrees.

He is hardly alone.
Hence why I didn't say never.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:17 PM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Nick Fury disagrees.

He is hardly alone.
Hell House of the Dragon is doing it well too!

It's not just that we have black dwarves and elves. It's the fact that Women Dwarves are supposed to have beards. And we have DESCRIPTIONS of some of these characters that don't match.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:28 PM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
It's the fact that Women Dwarves are supposed to have beards.
Seems like a missed opportunity for some added woke.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:31 PM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The left made the rules.
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Its because this is a woke shit story. Its not throwing WOKE around, or being RACIST to call garbage, garbage.
Well to be perfectly honest, this is just my opinion, without offending anyone who might think differently. From my point of view, looking at this with a different perspective and without condemning anyone's view's or by trying to objectify them, while considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say. :-)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:00 PM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Seems like a missed opportunity for some added woke.
Ironically correct
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:00 PM 09-01-2022
They also could of done a storyline around the blue wizards who would have been surrounded by PEOPLE OF COLOR
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:29 PM 09-01-2022
The Ring of Power is going to be retconned into a vibrating cock ring. Sauron will swing his dick around in battle, killing dozens of men with each thrust.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 44
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up