ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 596 of 1208
« First < 96496546586592593594595596 5975985996006066466961096 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
lewdog 06:55 PM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Looks good, did you just press the dough into the pan or try shaping it yourself? Might have gone a little long on the cook time, cheese looks a bit dark or was that a blend of cheese?
Wife did the dough, so not sure. Why?

Mostly mozzarella cheese but wife added some cheddar at the end, which is the darker stuff you see. We like the cheese more near burnt than barely cooked anyway.

I ain't no pizza master like you yet Buzz!!!
[Reply]
stumppy 06:56 PM 08-13-2017
This stuff is fricking awesome. The garlic flavor is my favorite.
Attached: download (2).jpg (8.0 KB) 
[Reply]
threebag 08:02 PM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Grilled strips seasoned with salt & pepper and Daddy hinkle's onion garlic seasoning.

Zatarains black beans and rice. Which was freaking legit.

IBC Root beer

dessert is a glass of chocolate milk.

Daddy Hinkles is great
[Reply]
scho63 10:06 PM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Same here. I start the meatballs in a 450 oven on racks to get browning, then they go in the sauce for a swim for an hour in a 300 oven.
What makes you prefer to brown them in the oven rather than quickly brown them in a pan, roll them around and then drop in the sauce to finish? :-)

For me I prefer them a little firmer from the pan browning, almost crispy and then they are real soft in the middle. The oven seems to make them more even from outside to in, lacking the contrast I like.

Have you ever done the browning in a skillet? :-)

I do my Italian sausage in a pan as well. It's messy as shit from the splatter but the outside is crispy and the inside is soft after spending over an hour in the simmering sauce. I cook 5 sausages all together so I can brown 4 sides.
[Reply]
scho63 10:08 PM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Wife did the dough, so not sure. Why?

Mostly mozzarella cheese but wife added some cheddar at the end, which is the darker stuff you see. We like the cheese more near burnt than barely cooked anyway.

I ain't no pizza master like you yet Buzz!!!
:-)

Cheddar??? NO NO NO NO NO!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:14 PM 08-13-2017
Did Bobby Flay's shrimp and grits again with a green salad on the side.
No pics since you've seen it before when I made it.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:08 AM 08-14-2017
american burgers w/bacon and chips. mushroom and swiss burgers with bacon. salad shit and pasta salads... had nine over for tea tonight :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:03 AM 08-14-2017
Little Ceasars because there was a lot to clean, hang, and store after a long weekend of diving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:08 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Little Ceasars because there was a lot to clean, hang, and store after a long weekend of diving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Are you punishing yourself or something? :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:15 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
I made manicotti again, I must be the only fucker on this board that makes it.
I love manicotti, but usually do stuffed shells instead as I find the shells easier to work with. We typically make it in the winter months.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:00 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Are you punishing yourself or something? :-)
Nah, I spent plenty over the weekend so speed and saving coin was of the essence. Lots to do after a dive trip, and cooking isn't one of them...
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:04 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Nah, I spent plenty over the weekend so speed and saving coin was of the essence. Lots to do after a dive trip, and cooking isn't one of them...
No disagreement there, but damn... Little Caesar's?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:34 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
What makes you prefer to brown them in the oven rather than quickly brown them in a pan, roll them around and then drop in the sauce to finish? :-)

For me I prefer them a little firmer from the pan browning, almost crispy and then they are real soft in the middle. The oven seems to make them more even from outside to in, lacking the contrast I like.

Have you ever done the browning in a skillet? :-)

I do my Italian sausage in a pan as well. It's messy as shit from the splatter but the outside is crispy and the inside is soft after spending over an hour in the simmering sauce. I cook 5 sausages all together so I can brown 4 sides.
That's just how I learned to do it. I get the browning all over with a totally hands-off method. So while the meatballs are browning, I'm making the sauce. When the sauce is ready for the meatballs, they're ready to go in. So they go in, the whole thing goes in the oven, and an hour later I have wonderfully tender and succulent meatballs.
[Reply]
sedated 10:43 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
Browning in the oven is more even. Personally I think it's a pain in the ass to try to get even browning on a round object using a flat surface.

It would be a waste of space but would be kinda nice to have a metal pan with rounded sections, like a rounded cupcake pan, or some type of metal egg tray

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:48 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by sedated:
Browning in the oven is more even. Personally I think it's a pain in the ass to try to get even browning on a round object using a flat surface.

It would be a waste of space but would be kinda nice to have a metal pan with rounded sections, like a rounded cupcake pan, or some type of metal egg tray

I've seen some folks use muffin tins. That supposedly works well.

I just put a cooling rack inside a cookie sheet and put them right on top. Line the cookie sheet with tin foil and all you have to clean is the rack.
[Reply]
Page 596 of 1208
« First < 96496546586592593594595596 5975985996006066466961096 > Last »
Up