ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1146 of 1208
« First < 14664610461096113611421143114411451146 114711481149115011561196 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:45 PM 12-26-2022
How did that Ooni perform for you Chi?
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:13 PM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
:-)

I can see that. Name the ones you've tried?
Bianco's is legit and acknowledged as the best in the US. If you have Netflix he has an episode on Chef's Table.

Grimaldi's will do in a pinch.

I know there's good to great pizza to be found throughout PHX but the shit out here is made for sister wives and their brood of ankle biters.

I miss open til 4am pizza shops on every other corner in Chicago, I'm not trying to drive half an hour for some hopefully good pizza, but I knew that going in.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:19 PM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
How did that Ooni perform for you Chi?
Full transparency my first attempt found the trash.

Second attempt was much better.

I went with the wood pellet 12" since its just the 2 of us. You can get 16" gas Ooni's for more ease and a bigger pizza.

With the wood pellets temp control is a bit of a learning curve but after the 2nd go its seems just like controlling a BBQ rig.

It cleans up easy, cools down quickly and is "portable" but you kind of have to have some equipment like launches, peels, along with flour, measuring cups, scales, etc so not quite sure I'd take it camping but maybe a tailgate.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:23 PM 12-26-2022
Venezia’s in phx is pretty good. Also, Santisi Brothers.

But those pizzas look dang good, ��
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:30 PM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Green olives are sooo underrated on pizza, better than black ten times outta ten
100%
[Reply]
scho63 10:53 PM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Venezia’s in phx is pretty good. Also, Santisi Brothers.

But those pizzas look dang good, ��
Venezia's pizza and pretty much their whole menu tastes like shit.

You may have gotten lucky.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:00 PM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

I went with the wood pellet 12" since its just the 2 of us. You can get 16" gas Ooni's for more ease and a bigger pizza.

With the wood pellets temp control is a bit of a learning curve but after the 2nd go its seems just like controlling a BBQ rig.

It cleans up easy, cools down quickly and is "portable" but you kind of have to have some equipment like launches, peels, along with flour, measuring cups, scales, etc so not quite sure I'd take it camping but maybe a tailgate.
Cool Thanks.

I never really considered one, but this video got the wheels turning. I probably won't do it, but it got me to thinking.

Preface: The guy is kind of a douche and has gotten worse. He used to be better, but then became pretentious about his garden and how busy his kids keep him and shit. None of which I want to hear about, but over the years has taught me a lot of technique.

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:34 AM 12-27-2022
Cool Thanks.

I never really considered one, but this video got the wheels turning. I probably won't do it, but it got me to thinking.

Preface: The guy is kind of a douche and has gotten worse. He used to be better, but then became pretentious about his garden and how busy his kids keep him and shit. None of which I want to hear about, but over the years has taught me a lot of technique.

I'll also add that baking is a separate humbling beast than just cooking.

I don't really follow recipes when cooking or BBQing and just cook to taste but not being precise in baking gets your shit thrown in the trash. Found that out the hard way.

Plus pizza dough is a bit of a rabbit hole to go down anyway. So many different opinions, techniques, hydration levels, etc.

It appeals to me as I work with brewers yeast in beer making so working with yeast and fermentation in general is a hobby.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:48 AM 12-27-2022
I'll also add that baking is a separate humbling beast than just cooking.

I don't really follow recipes when cooking or BBQing and just cook to taste but not being precise in baking gets your shit thrown in the trash. Found that out the hard way.

Plus pizza dough is a bit of a rabbit hole to go down anyway. So many different opinions, techniques, hydration levels, etc.

It appeals to me as I work with brewers yeast in beer making so working with yeast and fermentation in general is a hobby.
Yeah, I'm a shit baker. Plus I'm trying to stay off carbs, so that probably isn't where I need to be focusing my attention. But a 900 degree oven is an interesting tool.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:33 AM 12-27-2022

Being somebody who limits their carbs to only those that are worth the sin, I was wondering if you had any plans to try alternate crusts?

I know it'll never be as good, but honestly the cauliflower crust pizza we get at a local place called "Mod Pizza" (not sure how wide spread they are) is actually good. And if it's for supporting some fund raiser at the school, it's worth it because I do support the school...
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:59 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Being somebody who limits their carbs to only those that are worth the sin, I was wondering if you had any plans to try alternate crusts?

I know it'll never be as good, but honestly the cauliflower crust pizza we get at a local place called "Mod Pizza" (not sure how wide spread they are) is actually good. And if it's for supporting some fund raiser at the school, it's worth it because I do support the school...
I might get there at some point but I'm more of a moderation with splurges sprinkled in person.

If I'm making it myself I'd rather make it the best and eat it less often rather than try to fit it into something healthier but I totally get why people would be interested in that.

I actually keep a couple cauliflower crusts from Aldi in my freezer that are pretty easy to jazz up.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:28 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Green olives are sooo underrated on pizza, better than black ten times outta ten
They have more flavor than black olives.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:56 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:

We are at one in Dungver (credit to DaFace for the rec) and it was really good. I recommend that to anyone that has access. It’s really fast and goddamned good (provided you pick the right shit to put on there)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:40 PM 12-27-2022
I might get there at some point but I'm more of a moderation with splurges sprinkled in person.

If I'm making it myself I'd rather make it the best and eat it less often rather than try to fit it into something healthier but I totally get why people would be interested in that.

I actually keep a couple cauliflower crusts from Aldi in my freezer that are pretty easy to jazz up.
I didn't know that. Will try... Woot! Fuck carbs!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:41 PM 12-27-2022
We are at one in Dungver (credit to DaFace for the rec) and it was really good. I recommend that to anyone that has access. It’s really fast and goddamned good (provided you pick the right shit to put on there)
This. I was surprised at just how good it was when we had it as part of a "support the marching band" deal. I don't remember the toppings, but I know I was pretty happy with weekday pizza...
[Reply]
Page 1146 of 1208
« First < 14664610461096113611421143114411451146 114711481149115011561196 > Last »
Up