Jonathan Mingo
Quentin Johnston TCU
Jaxon Smith-Njigba Ohio State
Kayshon Boutte LSU
Jordan Addison USC
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:55 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think it means he could actually make it to our range, but they don't even invite 32 players, so it doesn't necessarily mean they don't think he will be a 1st either.
Right.

From what I read, the NFL didn't invite him because they wanted to avoid an "Aaron Rodgers" situation. Rodgers went 24th overall, so it doesn't really mean they think he's going in 2nd round. They just think we won't be taken in the top 25 or so picks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:57 PM 04-17-2023
Honestly, I think Branch compares favorably with Jalen Pitre and he was pretty damn good last year.
[Reply]
O.city 03:57 PM 04-17-2023
Yeah, I really liked Pitre alot.

I've just gotten to the point where I don't really care about positions even if we have "starters" there. You just can't ever have to many guys at a single spot, so just take the BPA and move on.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:08 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nah - I'm not buying it.

Branch is going in the first round. There's just no way a guy as instinctive as he is won't have at least one team falling in love with the idea of him quarterbacking the secondary. And with 3 teams (off the top of my head) in the back of the 1st that have physical defenses who also need a safety, he's just a no-brainer to one of them.

The Eagles have a pick at about 10, right? That's where they will make their splashy pick.

Branch doesn't get past them at 30, if he even makes it that far. I'll say Philly takes Bijan Robinson at 10 and Branch at 30.
I think the Jaguars are the team that takes Branch.

They have a huge need at nickel this year (and last year), and safety is a long term need for them as well. It's a pick that makes way too much sense not to happen if he's there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:10 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, I really liked Pitre alot.

I've just gotten to the point where I don't really care about positions even if we have "starters" there. You just can't ever have to many guys at a single spot, so just take the BPA and move on.
Yeah, I've kind of gotten to this point too. Just start stacking good players in the draft and do your fine tuning/crack filling in FA.
[Reply]
O.city 04:10 PM 04-17-2023
I think the Jaguars are the team that takes Branch.

They have a huge need at nickel this year (and last year), and safety is a long term need for them as well. It's a pick that makes way too much sense not to happen if he's there.
I kinda had them penciled in for a pass rusher as I figure ALlen is gone next year.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:18 PM 04-17-2023
I kinda had them penciled in for a pass rusher as I figure ALlen is gone next year.
I think it's Nolan Smith or Branch for them, but I think Branch is much more likely to be available.
[Reply]
In58men 06:26 AM 04-18-2023
Peter Schragers mock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
O.city 08:03 AM 04-18-2023
There's alot of talk from guys who are pretty clued in to the Chiefs about the young WR's they have on the roster already, like it or not.

I don't think that's the direction we go.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:17 AM 04-18-2023
There's alot of talk from guys who are pretty clued in to the Chiefs about the young WR's they have on the roster already, like it or not.

I don't think that's the direction we go.
I think they grab a Mingo or Mims or something along those lines in 2/3/4.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:14 AM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
Peter Schragers mock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FWIW...he has Mingo going at 29 to the Saints.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:16 AM 04-18-2023
Man, nothing gets me going like seeing Johnston to the Chiefs in a mock (without a trade up) :-)
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:58 PM 04-18-2023
Man, nothing gets me going like seeing Johnston to the Chiefs in a mock (without a trade up) :-)
What if I told you he's in DAL right now catching passes from Pat Mahomes with the rest of the Chiefs pass catchers?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 04:42 PM 04-18-2023
Saw Bryce Ford-Wheaton compared to DK Metcalf recently, apparently they had similar production and measurables in college... thoughts?
[Reply]
Nightfyre 04:56 PM 04-18-2023
I would guess the reason the mocks are all over the place is probably because you have few true top prospects and a whole glut of guys that would go in rounds 2-3 in any other year. As a result, the grading for teams becomes incredibly subjective after like the top 7 or 8 non-qb selections. Therefore, the media is getting projections from their sources that are all over the map and their consolidation of information probably mucks it up even more.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 34
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up