« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:24 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
A short week early in the season, with almost all new WRs, against maybe the best defense in the NFL, isn't an excuse?

In case you forgot, we won. I know idiots like you expect to score 30+ every single week, and a win is no longer a win without style points, but these kinds of games happened even with prime Tyreek and Kelce.

****ing RELAX.
I don’t think he was saying we’re doomed. There is more than reasonable concern because it’s not like we’re dealing with an all pro cast here. Right now it feels like. WR room full of 2s and 3s. Reid and mahomes are too good to not make it work. But it’s not going to get much easier. We have some elite pass rushes and corners coming up. We can’t be unrealistic about their limitations and there are plenty, not from the first few games but from their career body of work. I think most feel that skyy playing up to his potential is a missing piece. We are all willing to be patient until he gets there but without it, we will need to work around limitations.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:25 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Beg to differ. Our receivers are not ideal until skyy is ready. Mvs and mecole are largely duplicative. And juju is a good support for a WR1 we don’t have. A guy like skyy is what we really need for our stretch of excellent pass rushing defenses. We need a guy who knows how to use the short field. I know Andy doesn’t like to rush WRs. But he’s gotta pump off the brakes just a little. They could easily find ways to get him the ball that don’t involve rocket science. He doesn’t have to be wr1. But he should have more a spot in the rotation than he’s getting.
I'm as excited about what Moore could be as the next guy. But we don't have an idiot like that hack in Denver running this show. When he's ready and the offense needs him, Andy will work him in more. Until then, he can watch and learn. Andy certainly has earned the right to do whatever he wants in regards to offensive players and how they work in.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:30 PM 09-19-2022
I don’t think he was saying we’re doomed. There is more than reasonable concern because it’s not like we’re dealing with an all pro cast here. Right now it feels like. WR room full of 2s and 3s. Reid and mahomes are too good to not make it work. But it’s not going to get much easier. We have some elite pass rushes and corners coming up. We can’t be unrealistic about their limitations and there are plenty, not from the first few games but from their career body of work. I think most feel that skyy playing up to his potential is a missing piece. We are all willing to be patient until he gets there but without it, we will need to work around limitations.
A+ post
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:40 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I'm as excited about what Moore could be as the next guy. But we don't have an idiot like that hack in Denver running this show. When he's ready and the offense needs him, Andy will work him in more. Until then, he can watch and learn. Andy certainly has earned the right to do whatever he wants in regards to offensive players and how they work in.
With all due respect, I love me some Andy Reid, but his track record with receivers isn’t exactly stellar. He’s notorious for taking a very long time to trust WRs. Tyreek aside, who have we really brought along at the position? At some point we’ve gotta make a call on whether to give mecole his 100th chance or to let skyy get some learning reps out there. We aren’t close to there yet. But we’ve we may have to look there sooner than later. It’s one of the few areas where I don’t think you can necessarily blindly trust Reid. We found ways to get the ball into tyreek and mecoles hands as a rookie. We can find ways to do that with skyy too in meaningful minutes.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:46 PM 09-19-2022
:-)

OKchiefs and patience? No chance.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:40 PM 09-19-2022
We can find ways to do that with skyy too in meaningful minutes.
And I'm sure we will as things move along during the season. He got some reps in week 1 against a trash secondary but was held back in week 2 vs a very good one. The Colts secondary is hardly the 2000 Ravens so perhaps he sees the field more this week.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:41 PM 09-19-2022
Beg to differ. Our receivers are not ideal until skyy is ready. Mvs and mecole are largely duplicative. And juju is a good support for a WR1 we don’t have. A guy like skyy is what we really need for our stretch of excellent pass rushing defenses. We need a guy who knows how to use the short field. I know Andy doesn’t like to rush WRs. But he’s gotta pump off the brakes just a little. They could easily find ways to get him the ball that don’t involve rocket science. He doesn’t have to be wr1. But he should have more a spot in the rotation than he’s getting.
In principle, everything you say is true.

But check this out: over the next 5 games the Chiefs play IND, then TB, LVR, BUF, And SF. That's four legit pass-rushing team and IND who appears to have lost theirs somewhere.

Then the Bye, and then over the next 9 weeks KC plays only three teams with top-tier pass-rushing units in LAC, LAR and LVR.

Now vs. LAC Pat and the offense struggled a bit for awhile, though again he connected on nearly 70% of his passes, even with Bosa and Kalil chasing him around all night.

But vs. AZ, which didn't have any pass-rushers, Mahomes and co. went off.

So yeah, over the next 5 weeks things are probably going to be tough for the Chiefs, and they might drop 2 or 3 games before the bye. But after that this receiving crew is going to really start looking good.

And given the lack of good pass-rushing teams over the last 9 weeks, i think the Chiefs could almost cruise through the back half of the season after the Rams game. They might only legitimately lose a couple more games after the bye. Let's say they lose one other one due to Murphy's Law. Some flukey-ass game and the Chiefs somehow lose to . . . JAX or something. They're still probably looking at what, 12-5? 13-4?

And then once in the playoffs, how many AFC potential playoff teams actually have a top-10 pass-rush? Only BUF, BAL and LAC? And let's be honest, the only legitimately scary one is LAC.

Of course, it's just Week2, and that's a lot of ifs even for a way-too-early prognostication.

My point really is just that i think the Chiefs receivers will be good enough to win at least three of the next 5 games. And when they come out the other side of that bye, they'll be a significantly better group than who they are today, imo.

I mean, come on guys, you don't really believe that they're not going to improve as the season wears on, do you?
[Reply]
JPH83 01:13 AM 09-20-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

But check this out: over the next 5 games the Chiefs play IND, then TB, LVR, BUF, And SF. That's four legit pass-rushing team and IND who appears to have lost theirs somewhere.

Then the Bye, and then over the next 9 weeks KC plays only three teams with top-tier pass-rushing units in LAC, LAR and LVR.

Now vs. LAC Pat and the offense struggled a bit for awhile, though again he connected on nearly 70% of his passes, even with Bosa and Kalil chasing him around all night.

So yeah, over the next 5 weeks things are probably going to be tough for the Chiefs, and they might drop 2 or 3 games before the bye. But after that this receiving crew is going to really start looking good.

And given the lack of good pass-rushing teams over the last 9 weeks, i think the Chiefs could almost cruise through the back half of the season after the Rams game. They might only legitimately lose a couple more games after the bye. Let's say they lose one other one due to Murphy's Law. Some flukey-ass game and the Chiefs somehow lose to . . . JAX or something. They're still probably looking at what, 12-5? 13-4?

And then once in the playoffs, how many AFC potential playoff teams actually have a top-10 pass-rush? Only BUF, BAL and LAC? And let's be honest, the only legitimately scary one is LAC.

Of course, it's just Week2, and that's a lot of ifs even for a way-too-early prognostication.

My point really is just that i think the Chiefs receivers will be good enough to win at least three of the next 5 games. And when they come out the other side of that bye, they'll be a significantly better group than who they are today, imo.

I mean, come on guys, you don't really believe that they're not going to improve as the season wears on, do you?
The sell for Moore for me was that he gets open quickly, and that's what we're going to need against those pass rushers because Brown and Wylie will get beat quickly occasionally. I'm not overly concerned at all,it's pretty standard for Reid, but I hope he starts to pick up snaps soon.

I get the MVS pick up, we need field stretching speed. JJSS, I'll be honest, I loved him in 2018. I get that he's been banged up and had terrible QB play and that matters, but it's been awhile since he looked great. The BJ Kissel's suggesting he'd get 1,400 yards this year seem a little optimistic.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:42 AM 09-20-2022
Kelce was the number three TE for the Chiefs his first year. He saw very little action. Skyy will get more chances as the season progresses but it's too early for me to come to a conclusion on him.
[Reply]
Bump 04:49 AM 09-20-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Kelce was the number three TE for the Chiefs his first year. He saw very little action. Skyy will get more chances as the season progresses but it's too early for me to come to a conclusion on him.
Kelce was on the IR his first year.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:33 AM 09-20-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

I’m confident they’ll improve. But if we’re not that confident they’ll show in this 5 game stretch what does that say about our playoff hopes when we might see these defenses again? I get that we’re stuck between a rock and a hard place the next 5 games because skyy may be too raw to have success against real good defenses. But if we want to make a deep playoff run we’ll probably need him. We can be fine but it’s going to ask a lot from mahomes and probably our defense as well.

The chemistry is different since these guys never played together but these guys are largely known commodities. And each of them have known limitations. Not counting kelce of course. Limitations that can more easily be neutralized when you get instant pressure and I don’t want to keep relying on mahomes to make a million moves in the pocket to invent imaginary throwing windows. We’ve got 2 speed guys who are at their best when mahomes has time and 2 possession guys who are at their best when the speed guys can open them up. Skyy is a missing piece if he lives up to some of the hype. Not only can he get immediate separation with his routes he’s also our most dangerous catch and run guy. That’s something we’d ideally have by the time we play LAC again.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 05:58 AM 09-20-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
Kelce was on the IR his first year.
He said he saw very little action.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:09 AM 09-20-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I sincerely hope you're right, I'll gladly eat crow and call myself an idiot for having doubted them if my doubts are proven wrong.
We won't sniff the playoffs, pete
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:15 AM 09-21-2022
Not a real shock but I will put it on it being a short week and important game. I bet he will get alot more snaps this week.

Andy Reid on Skyy Moore's snaps through 2 games: "He'll gradually get more every week."

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) September 21, 2022

[Reply]
BWillie 12:00 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Not a real shock but I will put it on it being a short week and important game. I bet he will get alot more snaps this week.

Yesss please
[Reply]
Page 74 of 280
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Up