« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:51 PM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Melvin Ingram will need a new jersey # if he returns to the Chiefs.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 11:56 PM 04-30-2022
We ain't worried about Melvin lol. If Melvin wants to come back cool, but he doesn't deserve 24. That should go to a guy who is gonna play here 4 years minimum.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:36 AM 05-01-2022
I propose that from here on out, we refer to Skyy Moore as simply 2Y

Based on how Tony G announced his pick.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
emaw1979 12:44 AM 05-01-2022
WR's I had ranked higher and wanted more than Skyy Moore going into the draft:

Jameson Williams
Drake Londan
Garrett Wilson
Christian Watson
George Pickens
Chris Olave
Jahan Dotson
Treylong Burks
John Metchie
Alec Pierce

WR's the Chiefs had a chance at drafting at 30 (if they drafted Jermaine Johnson at 21 they could have and should have gone WR at 30)

Watson
Robinson (over-drafted IMO)
Metchie
Thorton (over-drafted IMO)

If they went WR at 50 they could have had
Pickens
Pierce

Yes, the Chiefs chose Moore over Pickens so we will see. That being said, I trust Pittsburgh's draft and development of the WR position over the Chiefs. They seem to always find studs. The Chiefs lucked into Hill and haven't drafted well at all at the position otherwise.

Moore seems to be a slot WR that can play outside if needed and I have big-time reservations about the level of competition he played. Because of this and the lack of receivers on the roster next year, WR #1 and maybe #2 will be priority #1 next off-season.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:29 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by emaw1979:

Jameson Williams
Drake Londan
Garrett Wilson
Christian Watson
George Pickens
Chris Olave
Jahan Dotson
Treylong Burks
John Metchie
Alec Pierce

WR's the Chiefs had a chance at drafting at 30 (if they drafted Jermaine Johnson at 21 they could have and should have gone WR at 30)

Watson
Metchie

Pickens
Pierce

Yes, the Chiefs chose Moore over Pickens so we will see. That being said, I trust Pittsburgh's draft and development of the WR position over the Chiefs. They seem to always find studs. The Chiefs lucked into Hill and haven't drafted well at all at the position otherwise.

Moore seems to be a slot WR that can play outside if needed and I have big-time reservations about the level of competition he played. Because of this and the lack of receivers on the roster next year, WR #1 and maybe #2 will be priority #1 next off-season.
I'm very confident Moore ends up a better player than Pierce. I agree we'll need further investment in the position though. The group has decent depth but is imo in dire need of a top WR.
[Reply]
tk13 01:45 AM 05-01-2022

Pittsburgh themselves have probably had the most success with MAC receivers. Antonio Brown and now Diontae Johnson. Corey Davis is out there, Kenny Golladay. We'll see if Moore can add his name to that list.

Toughest thing about this year is Reid's offense is usually not easy to learn. I wouldn't expect the guy to come in and light it up right away.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:21 AM 05-01-2022

Jameson Williams
Drake Londan
Garrett Wilson
Christian Watson
George Pickens
Chris Olave
Jahan Dotson
Treylong Burks
John Metchie
Alec Pierce

Watson
Metchie

Pickens
Pierce

Well, the guys that went before pick 20 were never on the board when KC selected. So that makes that part easy. Without trading up in the second several of those were already gone as well.

For me it was George Pickens, that was my guy. With that said we already have MVS and we know how defenses like to play us. A notable knock on Pickens is he doesn't create the separation you'd like to see on many of his routes. He doesn't break many tackles either. However, he has great hands and is a contested catch machine. Fine player, I really liked him.

Different story with Moore. Under sized but his hands are massive, an absurd 10.25". He's a polished route runner and runs a full route tree. On top of that he broke a ton of tackles last year with 26. He beats press man with ease with his shiftiness and acceleration. He's also faster than Pickens by quite a bit, 4.41 vs 4.47. Factor in durability concerns with Pickens vs a clean bill of health with Moore and I don't think it's all that close.

I kinda wrote off Skyy early as a slot receiver vs some of the long stallions in this class like Pickens, Williams, and Watson. But the hype on Skyy is real. Pair him up with Andy and Patrick then watch him be the best WR in this class. It's all ahead of us.

Tyreek will be jelly.
[Reply]
emaw1979 03:18 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Well, the guys that went before pick 20 were never on the board when KC selected. So that makes that part easy. Without trading up in the second several of those were already gone as well.

For me it was George Pickens, that was my guy. With that said we already have MVS and we know how defenses like to play us. A notable knock on Pickens is he doesn't create the separation you'd like to see on many of his routes. He doesn't break many tackles either. However, he has great hands and is a contested catch machine. Fine player, I really liked him.

Different story with Moore. Under sized but his hands are massive, an absurd 10.25". He's a polished route runner and runs a full route tree. On top of that he broke a ton of tackles last year with 26. He beats press man with ease with his shiftiness and acceleration. He's also faster than Pickens by quite a bit, 4.41 vs 4.47. Factor in durability concerns with Pickens vs a clean bill of health with Moore and I don't think it's all that close.

I kinda wrote off Skyy early as a slot receiver vs some of the long stallions in this class like Pickens, Williams, and Watson. But the hype on Skyy is real. Pair him up with Andy and Patrick then watch him be the best WR in this class. It's all ahead of us.

Tyreek will be jelly.
I only pointed the list out to show how many WR's I wanted above before Moore. I was shocked Olave, Dotson, Burks went as high as they did. I also didn't think London AND Wilson would go top 10.

I figured Watson would go late 1st/early 2nd but didn't think Robinson/Mechie/Thorton would go before Pickens and Pierce. I did think Moore would be a middle to late 2nd rounder though and a better fit on a team with strong outside WRs.

One of the reasons I hated the McDuffie pick over Jermaine Johnson at 21 was that it forced the Chiefs to go DE at 30. This closed doors to pick a WR at 30, which would have probably been Watson. Then again, they may have picked Moore anyway and I'd be more pissed.

Maybe I'm still betrayed by the hype of Hardman and CEH being paired with Reid and Mahomes. I'm not sure how his physical attributes by beating press and breaking tackles translates from the MAC to the NFL. I hope that's the case. Hell, maybe he could surprise and be a decent Z receiver instead of just a slot.

If I'm the Chiefs I call OBJ and work out a deal. He won't be ready until November (?) but they don't have an X WR on the roster. JuJu Smith Schuster is a Slot or Z receiver, MVS is a Z receiver, Hardman is a Z type WR and Moore is a slot WR.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:59 AM 05-01-2022
Hear me out here. Maybe, just maybe, they didn't want another fucking receiver with baggage.

The last receiver that had baggage is sort of how they ended up with Hardman to begin with.

Tomlin simply doesn't give a fuck if his team lacks character.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:13 AM 05-01-2022
I only pointed the list out to show how many WR's I wanted above before Moore. I was shocked Olave, Dotson, Burks went as high as they did. I also didn't think London AND Wilson would go top 10.

I figured Watson would go late 1st/early 2nd but didn't think Robinson/Mechie/Thorton would go before Pickens and Pierce. I did think Moore would be a middle to late 2nd rounder though and a better fit on a team with strong outside WRs.

One of the reasons I hated the McDuffie pick over Jermaine Johnson at 21 was that it forced the Chiefs to go DE at 30. This closed doors to pick a WR at 30, which would have probably been Watson. Then again, they may have picked Moore anyway and I'd be more pissed.

Maybe I'm still betrayed by the hype of Hardman and CEH being paired with Reid and Mahomes. I'm not sure how his physical attributes by beating press and breaking tackles translates from the MAC to the NFL. I hope that's the case. Hell, maybe he could surprise and be a decent Z receiver instead of just a slot.

If I'm the Chiefs I call OBJ and work out a deal. He won't be ready until November (?) but they don't have an X WR on the roster. JuJu Smith Schuster is a Slot or Z receiver, MVS is a Z receiver, Hardman is a Z type WR and Moore is a slot WR.
First of all-just stop with the OBJ stuff. We already have a mercenary rental WR here for 2022. We also aren't going to pay a premium, which OBJ would want. ALSO, dude is hurt...like...AGAIN. If you've been paying attention,, this is his story for like the last several years. Pass. No way.

Second-how does Moore translate from a MAC school? Look at the 10 yard split. It's ELITE. He goes from standing still to flying in a hurry. Don't look at the 40 time (which is still fast, just not Tyreek fast) look at the splits. It's his acceleration.

Now, go look at some video on the kid. Watch his routes. Look how he sinks his hips, look how smoothly he cuts, changes direction, and then accelerates. Watch him sell one route and then break the other way. Nice. And then watch how he catches everyfuckingthing. Also nice.

And finally, look what he does with the ball in his hands. He's so quick, he's hard for the defenders to get their mitts on him. Look at those broken tackles!

This kid isn't just a slot receiver.

I too didn't get the Skyy Moore hype until I watched him. The obvious measurables in size and 40 time didn't wow. But look at the splits and a different pictures emerges of the athlete. And then you can see that the video will absolutely translate.
[Reply]
O.city 08:18 AM 05-01-2022
Seems like a really good player. Maybe not your “top 3 in the league” physical measurements but whatever. Get open and catch the ball.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:45 AM 05-01-2022
I think Skyy can play X reciever, but not full time. He ran a stop and go on a guy one game from the X and had about two or three steps on the guy after he did it. I don't think there is a spot he can't play. Simply put, his game may best suited on the inside. Though he played a ton on the outside in college. When he's in space you're in trouble.

The only thing about his game I had a problem with is his top gear isn't next level. He is fast but he doesn't just pull away from guys. But if he was faster he had went off the board before pick 20 like several others did.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:50 AM 05-01-2022
Was begging for a pure route runner for 2 years. Like a Cooper Cupp or Hunter Renfrow

So glad we got that dude. He’s gonna help us so much against cover 2
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:54 AM 05-01-2022
holy shit deion branch was quick
[Reply]
RunKC 09:00 AM 05-01-2022
Look at all of the WR’s drafted. Most of them went to teams with shit QB’s.

Could totally see Watson or Moore as the best producing rookies
[Reply]
Page 21 of 280
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up