ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 456 of 469
« First < 356406446452453454455456 457458459460466 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 06:22 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
I still like Vinnie at first, Massey at 2nd and Bobby at Short
Third base is a black hole where we need production
dont think that guy is on the roster
Bobby will play SS once Mondesi gets hurt.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 06:48 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Pratto at 1st and Big Vin at DH.
Yup.
[Reply]
poolboy 07:06 PM 12-16-2022
I love Pratto, but Im not convinced yet/
Hope I am wrong
That would open things up a bit
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:45 PM 12-16-2022
I was at a game where the LF blazed to the gap and caught it at the wall, couldn’t believe it was Pratto. He can def play OF. I’m going Pratto LF, Vinnie at 1B and Salvy-MJ alternating C and DH
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:54 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I was at a game where the LF blazed to the gap and caught it at the wall, couldn’t believe it was Pratto. He can def play OF. I’m going Pratto LF, Vinnie at 1B and Salvy-MJ alternating C and DH
Yep. Funnily enough “Pratto to OF” feels way more likely than “Hos to OF” ever did when the player isn’t a stubborn prima donna (and I loved the Hos era, brought an energy Kansas City so badly needed).
[Reply]
ROYC75 03:40 PM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
I still like Vinnie at first, Massey at 2nd and Bobby at Short
Third base is a black hole where we need production
dont think that guy is on the roster

I said it once before I'll say it again, again and again, put Whitt Jr. on 3B. Nicky Lopez as SS, he is better defensively than Booby is!

The only way not to play Nicky is " if " Mondi can stay healthy! Then you can move a Bobby / Mondi to a 3B/SS combo.
[Reply]
poolboy 04:40 PM 12-17-2022
Bobby wants to play SS
[Reply]
BWillie 06:37 PM 12-17-2022
I'm a bit worried what the shift will do to certain players defensively. It may turn back 2B into a more defensive position. As I understand it the new rule isnt just about the shift it's also that you can't play on the grass and have to be in the dirt. The metrics Indicate there were/are alot of outs where the ball was fielded in shallow RF. The LH power ground ball hitter....dont look now but guys like Eric Hosmer...could see massive benefits. We are talking upwards of .040 of a guy like that's avg. Grounders with high exit velo are going to get through. Defensively your going to need guys with lateral range and quickness to succeed which is much more Mondesi than anyone else.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:59 PM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
I said it once before I'll say it again, again and again, put Whitt Jr. on 3B. Nicky Lopez as SS, he is better defensively than Booby is!

The only way not to play Nicky is " if " Mondi can stay healthy! Then you can move a Bobby / Mondi to a 3B/SS combo.
Witt has the potential to be a top 5 defensive SS. There's no way you pull him off SS without giving him more time there.
[Reply]
ROYC75 08:20 PM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Witt has the potential to be a top 5 defensive SS. There's no way you pull him off SS without giving him more time there.
So is Nicky! He was robbed of a GG 2 yrs ago. He is smooth at that position, his natural position. It allowed him to have confidence in his overall play, field and plate. Just think if he came back to play at that level of play again, look at your defense on the IF? You can solidify all 5 of those positions until 1 of them shows otherwise!
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:56 PM 12-17-2022
So is Nicky! He was robbed of a GG 2 yrs ago. He is smooth at that position, his natural position. It allowed him to have confidence in his overall play, field and plate. Just think if he came back to play at that level of play again, look at your defense on the IF? You can solidify all 5 of those positions until 1 of them shows otherwise!
His bat is just shit. If BWJ played D like he could have, then he would have been a 5+ WAR player. Lopez had that one great year, but everything outside of that one year he's been shit at the plate. He's a 1 WAR player because of how bad he is offensively.

You can maximize Witt's potential at SS and there is no way we should give up on him at SS after 1 season.
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:34 PM 12-17-2022
His bat is just shit. If BWJ played D like he could have, then he would have been a 5+ WAR player. Lopez had that one great year, but everything outside of that one year he's been shit at the plate. He's a 1 WAR player because of how bad he is offensively.

You can maximize Witt's potential at SS and there is no way we should give up on him at SS after 1 season.
Ok, I'll give you the 1 yr. As I said, Nicky in his natural position was good, he had confidence and came up with some clutch hits.

Bobby, With all of the hype, playirng his natural position was neither stellar nor great at that 1 year. So stop with the hype and go with the proven facts.

Right now we have no viable solution at 3B. Of those 3 guys, Lopez,Modi, & Whit, I would rather see Whit in 3B of those 3.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:21 PM 12-17-2022
Here is what I would roll with on the lineup as of December 17
1. Melendez LF
2. Waters CF
3. Witt, Jr SS
4. Vinny DH
5. Perez C
6. Pratto 1B
7. Olivares RF
8. Mondesi 3B
9. Massey 2B
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:49 PM 12-17-2022
Ok, I'll give you the 1 yr. As I said, Nicky in his natural position was good, he had confidence and came up with some clutch hits.

Bobby, With all of the hype, playirng his natural position was neither stellar nor great at that 1 year. So stop with the hype and go with the proven facts.

Right now we have no viable solution at 3B. Of those 3 guys, Lopez,Modi, & Whit, I would rather see Whit in 3B of those 3.
Why would you stop with the hype? Also we're not winning shit this year, so you play Witt at SS to see if he can actually handle it. If they play Lopez there and he has another atrocious season at the plate, then they really need to move on from him being a starter. You don't want Witt Jr then having to go over there the next year and if he struggles, then your stuck with bad D at SS when they should hope to be competing.

With a guy with Witt's potential at age 22 you don't just give up on that potential.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:03 PM 12-17-2022
Why would you stop with the hype? Also we're not winning shit this year, so you play Witt at SS to see if he can actually handle it. If they play Lopez there and he has another atrocious season at the plate, then they really need to move on from him being a starter. You don't want Witt Jr then having to go over there the next year and if he struggles, then your stuck with bad D at SS when they should hope to be competing.

With a guy with Witt's potential at age 22 you don't just give up on that potential.
Might also help to have a coaching staff who thinks defense is kind of important.
[Reply]
Page 456 of 469
« First < 356406446452453454455456 457458459460466 > Last »
Up