ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Bernard Hill dead at 79 years old
Tribal Warfare 08:46 PM 05-05-2024
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;">View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by SCREEN THRILL| Movies & TV (@screenthrill)

[Reply]
Megatron96 08:51 PM 05-05-2024
Ah damn. Wasn't that old either. Always liked that guy. RIP, Your Highness, King of the Horse Lords.

“HAIL THE VICTORIOUS DEAD.”
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:58 PM 05-05-2024
RIP King Theoden.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:59 PM 05-05-2024
RIP, Theoden King

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:05 PM 05-05-2024
He was also the captain of the Titanic.

RIP

Hell of a performer.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:15 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Ah damn. Wasn't that old either. Always liked that guy. RIP, Your Highness, King of the Horse Lords.
Pretty damn old. The average life expectancy is 73.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:44 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Pretty damn old. The average life expectancy is 73.
Wow, there is some pretty interesting data out there. I guess eating raw fish and rice instead of ribeye steaks really does lead to a longer life.

https://www.worldometers.info/demogr...oogle_vignette
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:45 AM 05-06-2024
Rip me lord
[Reply]
tredadda 07:32 AM 05-06-2024
Dang. It's been so long since I ever watched Titanic that I did not even realize that the captain of that ship was Theoden.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:34 AM 05-06-2024
This would be a perfect time to suggest that Gondor was unable to help when the Westfold Fell.

It was an invasion at the Fords of Isen when Isengard was attacking, and Gondor was absorbed near-totally in fending off Mordor to the east, particularly at Osgiliath. They may have been able to send auxiliary forces to the Fords to help, but it's unclear if they'd even have time to arrive. The Fords were a distance to the north, and it would require crossing a mountain range to get there. And it's unclear if the auxiliary forces would have even been enough to help Rohan.

Anyway. It's worth exploring that point to LOTR lovers everywhere: what exactly was Gondor supposed to do.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:14 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
This would be a perfect time to suggest that Gondor was unable to help when the Westfold Fell.

It was an invasion at the Fords of Isen when Isengard was attacking, and Gondor was absorbed near-totally in fending off Mordor to the east, particularly at Osgiliath. They may have been able to send auxiliary forces to the Fords to help, but it's unclear if they'd even have time to arrive. The Fords were a distance to the north, and it would require crossing a mountain range to get there. And it's unclear if the auxiliary forces would have even been enough to help Rohan.

Anyway. It's worth exploring that point to LOTR lovers everywhere: what exactly was Gondor supposed to do.
That's why I've always had the little 'middle earth map' page at the front of the book paperclipped whenever I read one of the books.

Because yeah - every now and then you'll hear some storyline and go "hey wait just a second - how you gonna pull that off?"

Credit to Tolkien for, by and large, sticking to a fairly well established and realistic universe. But he did the same thing just about every author will do on occasion and play fast/loose with time and distance.
[Reply]
Graystoke 09:55 AM 05-06-2024
Dam good actor.
RIP
[Reply]
alanm 10:03 AM 05-06-2024
Damn.. It sucks to hear any actor you respect dies. And he was a damn good actor. RIP Bernard.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:10 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Wow, there is some pretty interesting data out there. I guess eating raw fish and rice instead of ribeye steaks really does lead to a longer life.

https://www.worldometers.info/demogr...oogle_vignette
Not as much young criminal gang deaths and overdoses in many of those top countries.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:12 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

Loved that they showed the fear, insecurity, spite, and all the other poor qualities of Man through Theoden. Might be my favorite part of the universe of Middle Earth, that Man is full of cowards way moreso than heroes, which makes Man's triumph (and of course Theoden's triumph) that much more satisfying towards the end.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up