ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>KC Sports Mount Rushmore?
suzzer99 10:14 AM 04-30-2024
Yeah it's the offseason and I'm bored, probably Q. I think this exercise is pretty easy if you exclude active players:

But when Mahomes becomes eligible, who does he push off? I guess once you get to the point where more people never saw them play than did, they're going to fall off. But rings last forever of course, so it's really hard to push Dawson off.

I guess it's Tom Watson then, but man he was a lot of fun if you're old enough to remember. And the guy was really active in KC, not like he's just from here and that's it. I'm still not over the 2009 British Open. Only the Royals, Chiefs and Tom Watson can make me hurt that bad.

And then does Kelce push someone off? This is hard.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:17 AM 04-30-2024
I almost think it should be limited to one per sport, except for football since Chiefs football is indelible to the Chiefs community.

So I think Dawson or Thomas goes.

Painful, of course, but that's what Rushmores are about.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:05 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I almost think it should be limited to one per sport, except for football since Chiefs football is indelible to the Chiefs community.

So I think Dawson or Thomas goes.

Painful, of course, but that's what Rushmores are about.
Would have to be Thomas that was knocked off as much as it pains me to say that. He was my favorite player growing up and still is in my Top 3-5. But Len made KC relevant in a time when the AFL was viewed as an inferior product. Plus he led this team to two SBs while winning one. Not blaming Thomas for not doing so, but his impact on KC and the Chiefs is less.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:17 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Would have to be Thomas that was knocked off as much as it pains me to say that. He was my favorite player growing up and still is in my Top 3-5. But Len made KC relevant in a time when the AFL was viewed as an inferior product. Plus he led this team to two SBs while winning one. Not blaming Thomas for not doing so, but his impact on KC and the Chiefs is less.
Well, he fathered more children than Robert Baratheon.
[Reply]
Flying High D 10:17 AM 04-30-2024
“This is hard.”

Discus
[Reply]
KingPriest2 10:23 AM 04-30-2024
Watson stays for sure. He was the no 1 player from 78-83

Brett Lone Royals HOF Brought national eyes to Kc

Dawson won us a SB played in another.

I say push DT off
[Reply]
Great Expectations 10:25 AM 04-30-2024
I guess I’d remove DT, even tho he is my personal favorite on mountain right now. To me winning a major in golf is similar to a ring. And since we couldn’t field a competent offense or have the balls to start Gannon over Grbac vs Denver that leaves DT off.
[Reply]
Womble 10:26 AM 04-30-2024
Andy Reid just for the Wallcrawler meltdown.
[Reply]
loochy 10:26 AM 04-30-2024
Pat Tabler belongs
[Reply]
ThrobProng 10:30 AM 04-30-2024
In that scenario, DT has to go. No rings, KC only won 3 playoff games during his entire career, and he somehow managed to play in 10 playoff games without recording a single tackle. Mahomes would easily take his spot right now.
[Reply]
KCJake 10:35 AM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
In that scenario, DT has to go. No rings, KC only won 3 playoff games during his entire career, and he somehow managed to play in 10 playoff games without recording a single tackle.
No tackles? No sacks either then?? Wow
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:49 AM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by KCJake:
Pro Football Reference is showing 6.5 career postseason sacks for Thomas
[Reply]
ThrobProng 12:03 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by KCJake:
He had 6.5 sacks in 10 playoff games, no tackles. Frank Clark laughs at that postseason production.
[Reply]
Cleavage 09:22 PM 04-30-2024
Quisenberry
The DT that cost the playoff game against the Pats
Morganna the kissing bandit
Reggie Theus
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:58 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by Cleavage:
Quisenberry
The DT that cost the playoff game against the Pats
Morganna the kissing bandit
Reggie Theus
Why do you persist on your journey to hell?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up