ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 319
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:50 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Feel like these same 4-5 pages of posts are reoccurring every 48 hours in this thread. :-)
I will not be denied my fatties.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:50 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Let me ask a question to the group..

If Niang never got injured wouldn’t he be a likely top 10 pick in this upcoming draft?

Top 15, maybe?
He’d at least be a 1st rounder. I can say that with confidence.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:55 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Regardless, I'd be preparing for a future without him. Wrong side of 30 coming off an achilles injury on the last year of his contract.
Personally, I would too.

But I don't think the Chiefs will. He was their very first pick when Andy Reid got here. He's been a rock solid starter ever since. I think they're going to do everything they can to bring him back.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:58 PM 02-17-2021
I will not be denied my fatties.
You're going to get some fatties.

They may not be the exact ones any of us really want but they're going to do something. :-)
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:13 PM 02-17-2021
I feel like you guys are missing the biggest hurdle in your battle over LT on this team's OL.
Andy Reid has never started an LT without at least one year of NFL playing experience.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:14 PM 02-17-2021
:-) We threw a first and second at Seattle for Frank ****ing Clark. I'm more than comfortable giving that up to move up and grab a guy like Slater. I think he's an absolutely perfect fit for this offense and a decade plus starter for us. But we can agree to disagree here.
Well here’s the deal. The Chiefs obviously did medical checks on Niang and felt comfortable enough to draft him.

The new league year starts on March 17th. I’m sure objective number 1 is to get Niang and LDT in the building, have them do another full medical check and then a fitness test.

So they should know going into the draft what they have.

As far as the draft, this might be the deepest OT class I have ever seen, and that says an awful lot compared to an excellent class we saw last year. There very well might be a worthy talent that falls to us in the draft from this scenario.

And it’s not like this has never happened before. Chris Jones is a prime example of an amazing positional class that caused him to fall.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:56 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Personally, I would too.

But I don't think the Chiefs will. He was their very first pick when Andy Reid got here. He's been a rock solid starter ever since. I think they're going to do everything they can to bring him back.
That injury really complicates this whole offseason.

If he’s healthy, it’s a planned thing to extend Fisher this offseason to lower that cap hit with a deal that lets him finish his career in KC. It probably saves KC 8-10m (depending on structure) and solidifies the position through Mahomes prime.

Like I said a week or so ago, I expect Veach to sign Fisher to an extension with a trap door after the second year Incase he isn’t able to get back to his level of performance after rehab.

I’m also pretty confident we will hear about an injury settlement for Schwartz in the next month or 2...hopefully I’m wrong.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:52 PM 02-17-2021
Some people are gonna freak out if and when the only OL help they take is at IOL/C in the 2cd round and then a project OL on day 3 of the draft.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:43 PM 02-17-2021
I would take a look at Everson Griffen if we are looking at signing a veteran DE to a cheap deal.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:58 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I would take a look at Everson Griffen if we are looking at signing a veteran DE to a cheap deal.
A 33 year old with multiple mental health incidents?

I don't think he's a fit for this team, whatsoever.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:09 PM 02-17-2021
Romeo Okwara. I know he’s going to get paid but just structure his deal so that the biggest cap hit is there after Clark is gone......so after the 2021 season.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:22 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Just looking at pass rush talent we could get that's affordable.

As for due diligence, looking into the stuff you mentioned is beyond my capacity as a fan but Veach would have the resources to check in on that kind of situation.
[Reply]
poolboy 05:35 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Hopefully we can resign a healthy Taco Charlton
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:50 PM 02-17-2021
OK gang...
[Reply]
Chief Northman 05:54 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
OK gang...
Are you foreshadowing something.....?
[Reply]
Page 94 of 319
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »