ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 204 of 319
« First < 104154194200201202203204 205206207208214254304 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
RunKC 06:17 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Maybe they’ve done all the money moving and it just hasn’t reported yet?
They’re still over the cap and must be under by the 17th so I expect Patrick’s restructure to be announced tomorrow
[Reply]
O.city 06:20 PM 03-14-2021
I mean do we really think they’re gonna trot out something talent wise on the ol like they did in the sb?

There’s just no damn way
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:20 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They’re still over the cap and must be under by the 17th so I expect Patrick’s restructure to be announced tomorrow
No sir we are under by $12 Million.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 06:29 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Maybe they’ve done all the money moving and it just hasn’t reported yet?
They will make/report moves as they need them. Veach did this last year. As many free-agent plans as the Chiefs may have, remember the players do have the right to say no. If there’s a deal to be struck, the brass will make the necessary cap moves to accommodate.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:37 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
They will make/report moves as they need them. Veach did this last year. As many free-agent plans as the Chiefs may have, remember the players do have the right to say no. If there’s a deal to be struck, the brass will make the necessary cap moves to accommodate.
maybe it's all a part of the poker hand.

Don't let 'em know exactly what you've got.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:57 PM 03-14-2021
I fully expect Veach rn is talking to honey Badger and his agent. Hell Veach does t sleep, wouldn’t be surprised if tomorrow they announce a Honey Badger extension
[Reply]
-King- 07:07 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
maybe it's all a part of the poker hand.

Don't let 'em know exactly what you've got.
What sense does that make?
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:09 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
“The Chiefs don’t have the money to go after Trent Williams.”

Veach restructures a contract and signs Trent Williams.

Surprised Pikachu face.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:13 PM 03-14-2021

Negotiating power. Easier to negotiate deals when the agent can’t say “you have X of cap space.”
[Reply]
-King- 07:14 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
“The Chiefs don’t have the money to go after Trent Williams.”

Veach restructures a contract and signs Trent Williams.

Surprised Pikachu face.
Yeah but who are they playing poker with in that analogy?

It just seems Veach will restructure contracts as he goes/when he needs to and doesn't want to do a bunch all at once unnecessarily.
[Reply]
-King- 07:17 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Negotiating power. Easier to negotiate deals when the agent can’t say “you have X of cap space.”
Do you think agents are dumb or something and don't know which contracts can and should be restructured?

If someone like Williams is interested in playing with the Chiefs, his agent already knows what moves the chiefs need to make to sign him. And on top of that, he's already talked to people, maybe even Veach himself to make sure the numbers will be right.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:42 PM 03-14-2021
Do you think agents are dumb or something and don't know which contracts can and should be restructured?

If someone like Williams is interested in playing with the Chiefs, his agent already knows what moves the chiefs need to make to sign him. And on top of that, he's already talked to people, maybe even Veach himself to make sure the numbers will be right.
they absolutely know what contracts we CAN restructure, but can only speculate what contracts we WANT to restructure. They don't know what our plans are for 2021, let alone '22 or '23. They don't know who is in the future plans and who's not.

Knowing what the team has to spend and is WILLING to spend gives the agent ammunition.

Not knowing leaves it a guessing game.

You've never played poker I see.
[Reply]
New World Order 07:46 PM 03-14-2021
The calm before the storm...
[Reply]
-King- 08:25 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
they absolutely know what contracts we CAN restructure, but can only speculate what contracts we WANT to restructure. They don't know what our plans are for 2021, let alone '22 or '23. They don't know who is in the future plans and who's not.

Knowing what the team has to spend and is WILLING to spend gives the agent ammunition.

Not knowing leaves it a guessing game.

You've never played poker I see.
Wed stand to lose more than gain in this scenario. The player could just be like, welp ok, I'll just go to the team that's willing to sign me for what I want/what's reasonable rather than the team that won't restructure obvious contracts to afford me. There's basically no plus side to doing this as a poker move. Any agent would be able to see right through the BS.
[Reply]
-King- 08:26 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
The calm before the storm...
Free agency > The draft IMO. I can't wait.
[Reply]
Page 204 of 319
« First < 104154194200201202203204 205206207208214254304 > Last »
Up