ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 102 of 319
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152202 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:14 AM 02-19-2021
I've heard some folks talk about the front office "won't want to treat Fish or Mitch badly by cutting them" but to hell with that notion. The team could free up a ton of room by doing it and could pursue a guy like Trent Williams in free agency with no problems. Him and Niang at tackles could potentially improve the line immediatly. Add in LTD and we're 90% there. We wouldn't have to spend two draft picks high on the line and could focus on other areas. Can't afford to let loyality get in the way of winning more rings in this game...especially when you have a guy with goat talent at qb.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:46 AM 02-19-2021
Phillips has those concussion issues in his past. They’re problematic and make him a big risk.

He’s talented, though. If his medicals check out decently with normal risk of future concussion, I’m not sure he makes it to KC at 31.
[Reply]
Chargem 07:07 AM 02-19-2021
Vet plus high draft pick for the D line would be pretty exciting almost regardless of who the Vet is.

Personally I like the idea of Kerrigan but if the front office feels like Ingram or Houston or whoever has tread on the tires still, I'm fine with that as long as it gets paired with a draft pick.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:20 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I've heard some folks talk about the front office "won't want to treat Fish or Mitch badly by cutting them" but to hell with that notion. The team could free up a ton of room by doing it and could pursue a guy like Trent Williams in free agency with no problems. Him and Niang at tackles could potentially improve the line immediately. Add in LDT and we're 90% there. We wouldn't have to spend two draft picks high on the line and could focus on other areas. Can't afford to let loyalty get in the way of winning more rings in this game...especially when you have a guy with goat talent at qb.
LDT.... Niang.... Loyalty.... :-)
[Reply]
Dull Tools 08:07 AM 02-19-2021
Anyone think we could try and trade Frank Clark after 1 June? He is a $19m saving on the cap if we trade him then. Problem is could we find any trade partners?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:13 AM 02-19-2021
It's not about whether or not people WANT to cut Fisher.

The discussions is about whether or not they can, and if they can, whether or not they WILL.

Some of you are just being dumb about this.

They're going do what's best for the fucking team. We've been to two Super Bowls in two years. We went to fucking ZERO in the FIVE DECADES before that.

They'll address the offensive line, JFC.
[Reply]
O.city 08:28 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
Anyone think we could try and trade Frank Clark after 1 June? He is a $19m saving on the cap if we trade him then. Problem is could we find any trade partners?
No..
[Reply]
O.city 08:29 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's not about whether or not people WANT to cut Fisher.

The discussions is about whether or not they can, and if they can, whether or not they WILL.

Some of you are just being dumb about this.

They're going do what's best for the ****ing team. We've been to two Super Bowls in two years. We went to ****ing ZERO in the FIVE DECADES before that.

They'll address the offensive line, JFC.
This.

Plus we don't even know anything about their injury. Hell, they may be getting a clean bill of Schwartz back health after some offseason surgery and Fisher may be able to be back by Training Camp.

Until we know, I think we should assume the best.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:45 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
This.

Plus we don't even know anything about their injury. Hell, they may be getting a clean bill of Schwartz back health after some offseason surgery and Fisher may be able to be back by Training Camp.

Until we know, I think we should assume the best.
I think you hope for the best, but you plan for the worst.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:47 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I don't know if that applies to cutting a player during the off season.
Here's an article that reitierates some of the same things and it's from the "offseason" (the Giants weren't in the playoffs last year).

https://www.nj.com/giants/2016/09/wh...aivedinju.html

Here's an article (older) where Sam Farmer says in the 2nd sentence that a team can't cut a player until they are medically cleared.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/l...928-story.html

There's a weirdly worded article out there about Dee Ford that seems to suggest the same. What's not clear is if Ford's contract prevents it or NFL rules.

I just can't see the NFL allowing teams to cut players that can't pass a physical. They'd essentially be free agents unable to find employment elsewhere because they can't sign until they're cleared.

Who knows though. I can't find a definitive answer anywhere and no, the CBA really doesn't spell it out either.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:49 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think you hope for the best, but you plan for the worst.
Of course.

And the Chiefs most likely will, they have in the past.

The whinging about the offensive line is just over the top. It's like losing that Super Bowl set us back to the fucking Pioli days for some where it's just mindless shouting at the sky.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:13 AM 02-19-2021
Posted this in the Dee Ford thread, posting it here too since it appears to be relevant to the Chiefs situation.

---

It appears the team is on the hook for payout (not the contract) if they cut a player that can't pass a physical.

Which means absent an injury settlement where both sides agree, teams CAN cut injured players, they just have to pay them a predetermined amount.

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/s...an-in-the-nfl/

Originally Posted by :
What does it mean when a player is released with failed physical designation?

When a player is released with a failed physical designation it simply means that the team has terminated the contract of the player on the injured reserve (IR) list because the team has decided that he can no longer play for them because of the injury.

When a vested veteran (more than four years of service) is released by his team, the player is free and can sign with any other club. However, when a player released with a failed physical designation is unable to play again due to the injury, the team will have to pay a league-mandated injury protection payout.

[Reply]
RunKC 09:30 AM 02-19-2021
Cross thread mania! Just looking at the Wentz stuff, he had a fractured vertebrae and missed last 3 games. Wentz didn’t need surgery. I wonder if that’s what happened to Schwartz?

If so Wentz came back and looked fine the next season.

Just need to find out what’s going on. Pretty shitty that it’s being kept under wraps like this
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:33 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Cross thread mania! Just looking at the Wentz stuff, he had a fractured vertebrae and missed last 3 games. Wentz didn’t need surgery. I wonder if that’s what happened to Schwartz?

If so Wentz came back and looked fine the next season.

Just need to find out what’s going on. Pretty shitty that it’s being kept under wraps like this
I'm sure there's a reason they haven't said anything. Maybe they're working out a couple of extensions, or injury settlements.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:38 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm sure there's a reason they haven't said anything. Maybe they're working out a couple of extensions, or injury settlements.
The complete lack of news on Mitch baffles me. I kept expecting to hear that it was a fracture, or herniated disc or something. But its just ongoing radio silence.
[Reply]
Page 102 of 319
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152202 > Last »
Up