Page 315 of 316
« First < 215265305311312313314315 316 >
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official College Football 2022 Thread ****
Titty Meat 07:53 AM 08-25-2022
Week 4:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...-times-preview
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:11 PM 01-10-2023
Meh. It was a blowout that was over at the 1st quarter and it still did alright tv wise. The semifinals did over 21 million plus. If you had that Ohio State/Georgia game last night it would have done really well.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:51 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Considering that college football is trending to be nothing more than NFL lite due to ESPN and the ilk gutting the tradition of the bowl system, no the debate and discussion about who should be national champion would be much more welcome.

This is coming from a fan of a team that would have almost no shot regardless of whichever system is used and whose team has been screwed over by the transfer portal and NIL the last two years.

I don't want college football to just become a pale imitation of the NFL, I can watch the NFL. I liked the tradition and rivalries. Now everything is for sale and it is a shadow of itself.
You seem to have some other beef and are picking the playoff system to rail against it for some reason.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:56 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You seem to have some other beef and are picking the playoff system to rail against it for some reason.
Trying to crown a true national champion was the beginning of the end. The first sign of the medias undue influence on the game. The first of the thousand cuts to the soul of college football.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:03 PM 01-10-2023
Trying to crown a true national champion was the beginning of the end. The first sign of the medias undue influence on the game. The first of the thousand cuts to the soul of college football.
Why would anyone want a system that creates a split title like Nebraska/Michigan again? That would be awful
[Reply]
lewdog 09:03 PM 01-10-2023
Without looking, who do you guess holds the most post in this thread?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:05 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Without looking, who do you guess holds the most post in this thread?
Me
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:50 PM 01-10-2023
I don't think I will be subscribing to your newsletter but you do you.
[Reply]
notorious 09:52 PM 01-10-2023
Lowest ratings for a title game in college football history.

Ouch.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:14 PM 01-10-2023

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:34 AM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
That's what some of us were suggesting all along; Bama was CLEARLY one of the top 4 teams in college football, if that's what they really wanted.
Clearly best teams don't lose two games as the favorite.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:42 AM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Bummer of a finish to a season that had quite a few damn good ballgames.

But ultimately Georgia was the best team in the country all year and demonstrated same.

The NCAA really needs to do something about the NIL and free transfer stuff. Its going to be way too damn easy for deep pockets to just corner the market on players. And frankly, just about every team in college athletics is going to end up a feeder team for the top 6-8 squads in any given sport. Things are going to get more and more lopsided going forward as the top dogs really learn how best to utilize the NIL.

Mizzou goes out there and secures a solid in-state player like Dominic Lovett. They develop him into one of the top WRs in the SEC and he plays a key role in damn near upsetting UGA.

Then transfers there. No coaches got fired. He wasn't being wasted as the #1 receiver on the team with a top flight QB recruit inbound. Mizzou did everything they could but Georgia is better than Mizzou and their boosters and NIL guys have deeper pockets. There's just nothing more they could've done.

I mean damn, it's just so hard to see these squads as anything but laundry anymore. And if you have all this hooplah over a national championship game only to have it turn into an absolute bloodbath (or simply the same 4-6 teams playing each other every year with a single interloper brought in to get trucked on national television) it can only be bad for the sport as a whole.
What is the NCAA going to do?

They are powerless now. The public and media whined for years about those poor, exploited student athletes. The NCAA gave people what they wanted and they are still not happy.

You reap what you sow.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:12 AM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:

They are powerless now. The public and media whined for years about those poor, exploited student athletes. The NCAA gave people what they wanted and they are still not happy.

You reap what you sow.
The teams in the playoffs mostly recruited and developed their own players
[Reply]
notorious 08:59 AM 01-11-2023
Here's the thing: We all know the SEC is dominant, and the Big 10 or ACC grasps the morsel every once in a while. There is nothing that can be done to force teams onto the same level.

The Big 12 and Pac-10 will simply have to do better. Open up the checkbook. Pay more.

That's the only way.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 04:10 PM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:

You reap what you sow.
For 70 years, the NCAA owned every player under the guise of a LOI. They kept rosters at 120. Allowing the best teams universities to hide great players on the bench. Check out the 70’s RB classes @ OU.

Then, they made billions on it and really never had any accountability. Of course once in a great while, the NCAA would mete out punishment to universities that didn’t really matter. SMU got the death penalty, but the SWC was rife with player payment and they sure didn’t investigate Texas. Through the decades, ND, USC, UNC all had major scandals with minor penalties.

Long story short, I’m glad players are being paid. The pendulum swung clear to the player side after decades. Now, it needs a little more refining. In the end, as has been already stated, NCAA FB will be a regional thing. The SEC will continue to dominate, and if there’s a good matchup on for the CFP semifinal, I’ll watch. If it becomes a blowout, I turn it off.

It is what it is.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:59 PM 01-24-2023
Great interview with Rhule starts at 44:00 really like his ability to admit he sucked at Carolina. Much different than Frost/Pelini I think he can get the program to what Iowa/Wisconsin have been the last 10-15 years

https://youtu.be/GLkSqxh6GJw
[Reply]
Page 315 of 316
« First < 215265305311312313314315 316 >
Up