« First < 214264304310311312313314 315316 >
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official College Football 2022 Thread ****
Titty Meat 07:53 AM 08-25-2022
Week 4:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...-times-preview
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:13 PM 01-10-2023
🧁🧁🧁

2023 UGA football schedule is out and I think they’ll be in position for back-to-back-to-back National Championships pic.twitter.com/9iWlh1F8QX

— Zach Klein (@ZachKleinWSB) September 20, 2022

[Reply]
Bearcat 01:15 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
The system is fine. The committee picking the teams constantly gets it wrong is the problem.
Yeah, I saw some snark on FB along the lines of "this what most deserved looks like, not the best 4"... I was actually kind of hoping Alabama got in, because Saban was absolute right.
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:17 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yes in the short term, but maybe not in the longer term.

CFB is just so far behind the times and they've made their playoff largely uninteresting and their ancient bowl format largely pointless.

In the short term, more teams also means adding 2 loss SEC teams like Alabama this year, and would hopefully spread the wealth otherwise.
I mean, would it have been worse to have Alabama in the playoff... because they might have won? It's a fair question.

I know 2 loss teams having a shot at a title is kind of lame, because the whole college football thing is that every game is critically important.

Nobody wants to see a situation in football like the NCAA basketball tournament, which is basically designed to throw as many wrenches into the sorting of the best teams as possible. The football postseason was always designed around determining the best team, not producing an exciting postseason.

I don't feel like this is an improvement, it's taking college FB away from its DNA, which was getting as close to a consensus best team as you might be able to have. Currently we're left with a second-tier team that produced a lame final, and has left us with more questions than answers about who might have been able to actually win.
[Reply]
bdj23 01:33 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Exactly why it's stupid for Bitch to cry like a baby about it....MAAAAAA SEC WON AGAIN....MEEEEATLOOOOOAF
Another banner year for mizzou football
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:35 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Another banner year for mizzou football
They were mediocre, but you ripped down goal posts for mediocre
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 01:49 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Closing your eyes and randomly pointing at someone and saying your the champion was a much better system. Yes, I am convinced.
Considering that college football is trending to be nothing more than NFL lite due to ESPN and the ilk gutting the tradition of the bowl system, no the debate and discussion about who should be national champion would be much more welcome.

This is coming from a fan of a team that would have almost no shot regardless of whichever system is used and whose team has been screwed over by the transfer portal and NIL the last two years.

I don't want college football to just become a pale imitation of the NFL, I can watch the NFL. I liked the tradition and rivalries. Now everything is for sale and it is a shadow of itself.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:58 PM 01-10-2023

We need to hire this guy @stoolpresidente. Electric pic.twitter.com/i2nmZj04gg

— Big Cat (@BarstoolBigCat) January 10, 2023

[Reply]
Bearcat 02:06 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
I mean, would it have been worse to have Alabama in the playoff... because they might have won? It's a fair question.

I know 2 loss teams having a shot at a title is kind of lame, because the whole college football thing is that every game is critically important.

Nobody wants to see a situation in football like the NCAA basketball tournament, which is basically designed to throw as many wrenches into the sorting of the best teams as possible. The football postseason was always designed around determining the best team, not producing an exciting postseason.

I don't feel like this is an improvement, it's taking college FB away from its DNA, which was getting as close to a consensus best team as you might be able to have. Currently we're left with a second-tier team that produced a lame final, and has left us with more questions than answers about who might have been able to actually win.
Those issues happen every year though.. seems pretty rare we see exactly two teams that should be playing, or exactly four. And there have been a share of blowouts between the mainstays as well.

I don't mind a 2 loss team competing for a NC because the flip side is say an undefeated Cincinnati. OTOH, I wouldn't want to see March Madness. I'm a big fan of seeing the best teams play, because Cinderella usually turns into a pumpkin like TCU did last night. People want chaos, but then you get 60 point wins in the NC game.

I have no idea what the right answer is, but it feels like if all the titles and money and so forth is going to a few teams (and obviously conference pay outs and so forth), then limiting NC hopes down to those few teams isn't going to ever change the landscape of CFB... not just recruiting-wise, but experience in playing in big games and so forth.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:08 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
How many years now have the Chiefs been a super bowl favorite? Yet "idiots" keep watching. I'm curious if 1 of those idiots is a guy who's hiding his WFM job from his wife?
I watch college football because it’s entertaining, I was just agreeing with him that nobody has a chance except for a few teams which is accurate.
[Reply]
TEX 02:12 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Well, TCU did beat Michigan. :-)
I get his point, but this dipshit needs to chill the **** out.
[Reply]
Spott 02:18 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
Well, TCU did beat Michigan. :-)
I get his point, but this dipshit needs to chill the **** out.
I keep thinking of Ben Stiller when I see that white earpiece dangling from his ear like that.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:48 PM 01-10-2023
Record low viewership…

National Championship slumps to record-low 17.2 million viewers https://t.co/0bcH715skt pic.twitter.com/RVD8CAtSvh

— Awful Announcing (@awfulannouncing) January 10, 2023

[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:51 PM 01-10-2023
Still higher than any NBA finals game
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:00 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Still higher than any NBA finals game
Lower than the 18.1 million that watched the KU/UNC college basketball national championship game.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:04 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Lower than the 18.1 million that watched the KU/UNC college basketball national championship game.
Now that was a competitive, fun game for everyone to enjoy.

Not that trash-slop football like last night.
[Reply]
Page 314 of 316
« First < 214264304310311312313314 315316 >
Up