ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 33
« First < 222829303132 33 >
Media Center>Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Bowser 06:57 PM 04-03-2022
Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:42 AM 08-22-2023
Scotty was a great addition. Here's to hoping they don't silo the characters so much in Season 3.
[Reply]
gh4chiefs 10:18 AM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Yeah, and I think they did a pretty good job of presenting a younger version of the character. I'm hoping he has a major part in the next season.
Interesting. Well I had decided to walk away from it, but admittedly that makes me curious enough to give it another go. I'll probably wait until the next season releases before watching episode 10 however, since it was a cliffhanger.

Thanks.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:34 AM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by gh4chiefs:
Interesting. Well I had decided to walk away from it, but admittedly that makes me curious enough to give it another go. I'll probably wait until the next season releases before watching episode 10 however, since it was a cliffhanger.

Thanks.
That last episode was one of the best of the season, maybe the best.
[Reply]
gh4chiefs 12:17 PM 08-22-2023
Well good, because I need something to wipe the memory of the musical episode out of my mind. :-)
[Reply]
Barret 12:26 PM 08-22-2023
So could the "Gorn" portrayed in SNW change to something similar to the 60's TOS style?? I mean they just captured a lot of humans that they transported over. Could this give them insight into genetic manipulation........WAIT!!!

Story idea. The SNW Gorn Genetically manipulate the humans they transported over to make them hulk out with Gorn features. These "Slave/TOS Gorn" work well for tasks that the higher Gorn wish not to do so they start making more. But the Genetics unleash the predator side of things in these slaves/tos Gorn and they revolt. Or instead of revolt we never knew the actual rank of the Gorn Kirk fought. Could they just have sent their Guinea Pig Gorn to test how well they could hunt a human with Kirk?

You can hulk out humans with CGI to make them somewhat similar to the TOS version. This pleases the TOS Purists. Make certain new Gorn members have specific hair or traits or something that shows they were valued members of the Enterprise thus causing emotional conflict in having to fight or kill those specific new Gorn. This builds drama and explains why certain members aren't on the Enterprise when Kirk takes over.

What are your thoughts or should I slowly step away from the computer for awhile?
[Reply]
Frazod 12:29 PM 08-22-2023
Honestly, my favorite from Season 2 was the cartoon crossover. They really knocked that one out of the park. I went in thinking I'd hate it, too.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:46 PM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Honestly, my favorite from Season 2 was the cartoon crossover. They really knocked that one out of the park. I went in thinking I'd hate it, too.
The one with the Klingon that became a spokesperson for the Federation is probably my favorite of the season. The whole thing was tense and compelling to me - and the very end, that conversation, was really well done.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:51 PM 08-22-2023
The one with the Klingon that became a spokesperson for the Federation is probably my favorite of the season. The whole thing was tense and compelling to me - and the very end, that conversation, was really well done.
That was the best one of the season for me, if only because of that ending.

S1 finale is still the best episode they've done so far overall.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:51 PM 08-22-2023
That guy was really annoying. Reminded me of Kai Winn from Deep Space Nine. Glad he was only in one episode, and died badly.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:29 PM 08-22-2023
That guy was really annoying. Reminded me of Kai Winn from Deep Space Nine. Glad he was only in one episode, and died badly.
He died in honorable battle. He is now in Stovokor.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:20 AM 08-23-2023
Yeah I thought he was a pretty mediocre actor. Although I still think Jack Quaid was freaking terrible despite me enjoying the episode.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:42 AM 08-23-2023
My least favorite of the season. Just too many things I had to suspend disbelief on to get past.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:27 AM 08-23-2023
Lord.

Just assume the Gorn from Arena is the equivalent to a ~120 year old human body builder.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 02:55 PM 08-23-2023
Originally Posted by Barret:
So could the "Gorn" portrayed in SNW change to something similar to the 60's TOS style?? I mean they just captured a lot of humans that they transported over. Could this give them insight into genetic manipulation........WAIT!!!

Story idea. The SNW Gorn Genetically manipulate the humans they transported over to make them hulk out with Gorn features. These "Slave/TOS Gorn" work well for tasks that the higher Gorn wish not to do so they start making more. But the Genetics unleash the predator side of things in these slaves/tos Gorn and they revolt. Or instead of revolt we never knew the actual rank of the Gorn Kirk fought. Could they just have sent their Guinea Pig Gorn to test how well they could hunt a human with Kirk?

You can hulk out humans with CGI to make them somewhat similar to the TOS version. This pleases the TOS Purists. Make certain new Gorn members have specific hair or traits or something that shows they were valued members of the Enterprise thus causing emotional conflict in having to fight or kill those specific new Gorn. This builds drama and explains why certain members aren't on the Enterprise when Kirk takes over.

What are your thoughts or should I slowly step away from the computer for awhile?

What if the life cycle of the Gorn were a sort of caterpillar/butterfly kind of thing?

Thus, Gorn when they are born become this kind of feral predator form optimized for hunting. Then they go into a pupa stage, and emerge as a cold-blooded hominid type that walks on two legs with better abstract reasoning. The adult Gorn are the ones who build the civilization and spaceships. Even the adult Gorn want to stay well away from the young predators fighting to survive.

BTW, the TOS Gorn Kirk fights was the Captain of the Gorn vessel. B/C the Metrons said they took both captains to work out the dispute. Clearly, they gave them communicators hoping they could settle it through negotiation, but both Kirk and the Gorn Captain assumed combat to the death.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:11 PM 08-23-2023
Lol, we're still upset about the new Gorn? Come on, fellas.

I mean, is anyone really upset that the Gorn aren't more like the original depiction? Isn't this version more interesting and fun? I think so, and I think most people would agree.

Let's consider just enjoying the fact that finally after the Discovery fiasco, we at least have a really good ST series to watch again.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 33
« First < 222829303132 33 >
Up