ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 71
« First < 15556162636465 66676869 > Last »
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:42 PM 12-08-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Iger had a perfect thing going. Then Lassiter was fired. Kennedy wrecked Star Wars.

Walt never worried about agendas. He focused on making entertaining movies.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:59 PM 12-10-2023
I never want to hear anyone bitch about the multiverse, ever again

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:53 PM 12-18-2023
Majors found guilty and Marvel dropped him. Officially.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:13 AM 12-19-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Majors found guilty and Marvel dropped him. Officially.
Possible solution??
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:54 AM 12-19-2023
I love how the MCU failed in explaining Kang and building him up properly, relegating his appearances to both Loki seasons and Antman 3. Nobody was really afraid of Kang, you can understand that Thanos is much more intimidating of a main villain, but now Marvel gets a pass, gets to fire Majors, appear they're on the moral high ground in this whole thing and get time to get it right to try to rescue their failed decisions post Thanos. Wonder what this does to their slate in the future and if they push Avengers movies back to introduce the Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:18 PM 12-19-2023
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I love how the MCU failed in explaining Kang and building him up properly, relegating his appearances to both Loki seasons and Antman 3. Nobody was really afraid of Kang, you can understand that Thanos is much more intimidating of a main villain, but now Marvel gets a pass, gets to fire Majors, appear they're on the moral high ground in this whole thing and get time to get it right to try to rescue their failed decisions post Thanos. Wonder what this does to their slate in the future and if they push Avengers movies back to introduce the Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom.
Deadpool 3 might end up being a three hour movie and the vessel they need to move away from Kang and bring in Doom, not to mention all the expanded Marvel universe to make Secret Wars a reality.

Doom is the natural choice for the Big Bad in Secret Wars, anyway. Kang never felt right to be that multiversal threat to me from the beginning.
[Reply]
rydogg58 03:07 PM 12-19-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Deadpool 3 might end up being a three hour movie and the vessel they need to move away from Kang and bring in Doom, not to mention all the expanded Marvel universe to make Secret Wars a reality.

Doom is the natural choice for the Big Bad in Secret Wars, anyway. Kang never felt right to be that multiversal threat to me from the beginning.
Not having Kang fucks up my Christmas gift to my daughter though. I bet on the next phase being all about Kang, so I bought a bunch of the comics in the Kang storyline I thought they would use. I also hedged my bets and bought her the Secret Wars graphic novel and another graphic novel of Doom.

It took me a long time to find and buy the individual comics. I'm sure she'll enjoy it even if that's not the movie plot moving forward. I never watched Loki, or Antman 3, nor did I care enough about Kang way back when I used to collect comics to read his storyline, but it was a fun challenge hunting those down.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:34 PM 12-19-2023
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I thought they did a decent enough job given the circumstances.

Kang is just a dude with advanced technology; whereas, Thanos is a super strong alien. Thanos is always going to be more imposing for that reason. Kang did wipe out countless timelines, though. His body count is higher than Thanos’ for sure.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 04:08 PM 12-19-2023
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes made Kang a threat.

Because they had good writers.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:45 PM 12-19-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes made Kang a threat.

Because they had good writers.
Kang is always a threat. Taking on the Avengers is like a video game to him, just a hobby.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:26 PM 12-23-2023
"What IF...." season 2 kicked off. The first episode was pretty decent; a very dark and strong Blade Runner vibe.

They're going to release an episode a day up til New Year's Eve, I believe.
[Reply]
Fish 12:50 AM 12-24-2023
"What IF...." season 2 kicked off. The first episode was pretty decent; a very dark and strong Blade Runner vibe.

They're going to release an episode a day up til New Year's Eve, I believe.
Thanks. There hasn't been much new content from D+ lately, I haven't been looking.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:21 PM 12-29-2023
Missed this completely when it was announced

I just skipped through and watched the Hela, Odin, Ten Rings ep as well as the Native American, Tesseract ep.

I thought they were both awesome, really well done. I’ll watch 1602 next, for sure. Unfortunately those were the only three I was actually interested in but I’ll probably make my way through the others in time.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:42 PM 12-30-2023
The second What IF season wasn't as good on the whole as the first season but the finale makes up for it, especially the very last scene.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:19 PM 01-08-2024

[Reply]
Page 65 of 71
« First < 15556162636465 66676869 > Last »
Up