ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 526 of 2688
« First < 26426476516522523524525526 52752852953053657662610261526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
gold_and_red 09:42 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Watching Matt Stafford and it's reminding me of my comparison of him to Mahomes, with Mahomes having a higher ceiling due to mobility and improv.

Hopefully this defense gets fixed so Mahomes won't have to be like Stafford and carry a shit team.
Hopefully Mahomes also has better weapons - Hunt, Hill, Robinson and Kelce. Conley and Wilson should be very good role players. Fix the LG and we should be set.
D appears to be a longer project.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:45 PM 11-06-2017
I don't see the comparison. Mahomes is more like the other QB that would been playing, if not injured.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:55 PM 11-06-2017
Stafford is really damn good. It's amazing they haven't had more team success with him, but that's the Lions for you
[Reply]
jaa1025 10:05 PM 11-06-2017
Alex had a bad ass game his first game against NE. He's been old Alex outside of a few instances the rest of the season. GMAFB that he's changed. He's done this his entire Chiefs career. Wow's you with a good performance then is mediocre or sucks the rest of the time.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:07 PM 11-06-2017
Alex needs to see more mahomes highlights

His go for it ambitious ness is pretty much gone at this point
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:08 PM 11-06-2017
Also, I hope that PM2 doesn't learn how to be so conservative you shit yourself and turtle up because your killer instinct has died
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:15 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Stafford is really damn good. It's amazing they haven't had more team success with him, but that's the Lions for you
They've never been able to field a Defense that didn't have a major hole somewhere or a consistent running game.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:25 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Alex needs to see more mahomes highlights

His go for it ambitious ness is pretty much gone at this point

The last 4 games he's been the Alex we all know & hate.
[Reply]
nkd 10:39 PM 11-06-2017
Most of you really should watch less football and learn more about the game. There are shit load of teams that would love Alex on their team. Here is the problem with last three games.

Top 3 defenses and it really shows the weakness of the O-line. Alex has been under pressure all game. On top no run game. Absolutely non existent the last three games.

Now defense:

Look at the way the defense has allowed long touchdown drives the last three games. Just go look the second half against the cowboys. Those are game killing drives. That keep your offense off the field for majority of second half and all you can do is play hurry up mode and makes you one dimensional.

Pittsburgh game, the same story. Denver game the same story.

I think this Offense started off well they were executing but then the blowout by the defense late in the second quarter and the let down after they took the lead was truly game killer.

Kansas city needs to do one thing against good teams. Shut down the damn run and watch them get off the field. If they can do that they can force throws and make the game one dimensional and get off the field faster.

But everyone here is too busy blaming Smith because most of you re unable to look at the larger picture.

On the other hand Andy needs to find ways to run the ball. May be their offensive line just isn't that good against a good front seven. They struggled big time in both pass and run game in all three games.

Now you all could have a different game if Hill didn't lose the deep throw by Alex. But I don't think this team will win if the defense doesn't find ways to get off the field in second half and stops allowing those time killing touchdown drives. Because the other team takes a two score lead kill the clock and you have 7 mins left before you know it.

Trust me teams will feed of their defense and their offense. But this defense doesn't seem to be feeding off the offense and demoralizing the offense. Those long drives are game killers, and if they continue getting gushed for those long run plays and can't make the redzone stops. No matter what this offense does because the defense cant stop shit.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:41 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by Best22:
The defense is the biggest frustration. It weighs us down like an anchor. We have to drag it around and pray it doesn't get exposed, all while hoping the Smith led offense can score 30
No, What is an anchor is Offense. The offensive stats that show that we have an offense in a faster rate of decline than the defense. You are not going to change the fact that good teams score 25 + points a game. Alex's job is to get more than their 25+ points. Screw the crutch of ST and D to make that goal.

Last year we scored 4.3 points less per game and allowed 4 points less points scored against us compared to right now. Can you see what I am telling you?
Can you see where that got us? This year we are ranked much higher than last because of the offensive scoring.

Pull the anchor on the offensive scoring and of course, shore up the defense.
[Reply]
nkd 10:44 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
No, What is an anchor is Offense. The offensive stats that show that we have an offense in a faster rate of decline than the defense. You are not going to change the fact that good teams score 25 + points a game. Alex's job is to get more than their 25+ points. Screw the crutch of ST and D to make that goal.

Last year we scored 4.3 points less per game and allowed 4 points less points scored against us compared to right now. Can you see what I am telling you?
Can you see where that got us? This year we are ranked much higher than last because of the offensive scoring.

Pull the anchor on the offensive scoring and of course, shore up the defense.
Well they did play pretty damn good defenses the last three games. All teams with legit front 7s and fast defenses and no run game at all. So that right there makes the game one dimensional and when your defense can't keep up in the second half its demoralizing to offense. This defense fell apart at the long time it seems, in cowboys game.
[Reply]
nkd 10:47 PM 11-06-2017
you all need to just read this article. lol

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...183146251.html
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:48 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by nkd:
Look at the way the defense has allowed long touchdown drives the last three games. Just go look the second half against the cowboys. Those are game killing drives. That keep your offense off the field for majority of second half and all you can do is play hurry up mode and makes you one dimensional.
You can make the argument both ways. How about the first quarter when the defense forced two quick punts, but the offense reciprocated them with two three-and-outs of their own? Those poor drives didn't take advantage of the good defense that was played.

The entire team was AIDS Sunday, and has been largely for the past month.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:53 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by nkd:
Most of you really should watch less football and learn more about the game. There are shit load of teams that would love Alex on their team. Here is the problem with last three games.
You should really heed your own advice. Are there a few teams that would prefer to have an Alex Smith? Sure, but certainly not a shit load.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:54 PM 11-06-2017
As for Mahomes -- I hope we make a strong effort to bolster the OL before he plays. I mean, I like Morse, LDT, and Schwartz. But LG is a major question mark. Maybe Ehinger is the answer, but I am currently not counting on it. I'd love if our big FA signing was merely the best available guard to fill in there. Fisher isn't too good either, but we are tied to his contract.
[Reply]
Page 526 of 2688
« First < 26426476516522523524525526 52752852953053657662610261526 > Last »
Up