« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Chris Jones Thread****
Dante84 05:36 PM 04-29-2016
He's our guy: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...t-chris-jones/

Coming to KC soon. #Salute pic.twitter.com/dFDRuUdDt3

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 30, 2016

Here's a bunch of his tape:

Spoiler!

.@PFF_Mike explains why the Chiefs just landed a highly-underrated DT in Chris Jones. https://t.co/b0G66chLl5 pic.twitter.com/iVQ0KXqY7s

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) April 29, 2016

My scouting report on #Chiefs DL Chris Jones, who I believe has elite potential in NFLhttps://t.co/Nc2mJFYJEn pic.twitter.com/pIlxuf67iz

— Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) April 29, 2016

[Reply]
Mr. Laz 06:47 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
I will add that Albert wasn't worth what he got, we kept Hali and paid Houston because he was worth it, and Smith was also bought out, so those choices were wise.

Could you imagine if we didn't take Fisher and Peters, but we're still outbid for Albert and Smith. Where would we be now?
I never said they were bad moves, just that we have a trend.

Chris Jones might be a fantastic player but let's just put this 'Dorsey is a pure BPA GM' shit to bed. He's not.

Unless the Cosmos has performed a miracle so that every Dorsey year BPA matches up with our big contract guys that is
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 06:48 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by jimidollar:
Everyone has already seen it.
:-):-)
[Reply]
oaklandhater 06:49 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:

Chris Jones might be a fantastic player but let's just put this 'Dorsey is a pure BPA GM' shit to bed. He's not.

Unless the Cosmos has performed a miracle so that every Dorsey year BPA matches up with our big contract guys that is
QFT
[Reply]
RunKC 06:49 PM 04-29-2016
He's going to be awesome in the A gap when we go nickel
[Reply]
Sully 06:49 PM 04-29-2016
He met with the Chiefs' Psychologist, and afterwards asked how he did. Doctor said he had bad news,
"I can clearly see your nuts!"

Ba dum ching
[Reply]
RustShack 06:50 PM 04-29-2016

And don't think you realize how draft boards work, and that each team makes their own.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:52 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He's going to be awesome in the A gap when we go nickel
That interior pass rush with him and Poe. :-)
[Reply]
TRR 06:54 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Oh my gawd

Are we supposed to be impressed with that clip? The QB had a clear lane to throw.

This is a boom or bust pick - out of character for Dorsey. Weird they didn't meet with him either which is scary for a player that has motivation issues. Hopefully he pans out.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:56 PM 04-29-2016

I wasn't implying you were, just providing an adversarial approach to your post. If you noticed, I agreed with your previous mention of this angle.

There is some BPA involved, but a GM that doesn't allow himself to be bent over a barrel is also quite valuable.

You have to take the full picture into the equation.

He is obviously taking the BPA of the most prioritized position. To pigeonhole his approach would be disrespectful, in my opinion. It is a fine line to walk and I believe Dorsey has done it well thus far.
[Reply]
Chief Pote 06:56 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by jimidollar:
Everyone has already seen it.

:-):-)

Follow the Rams. :-)
[Reply]
Coach 06:59 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by TRR:
Are we supposed to be impressed with that clip? The QB had a clear lane to throw.

This is a boom or bust pick - out of character for Dorsey. Weird they didn't meet with him either which is scary for a player that has motivation issues. Hopefully he pans out.
The QB had a clear lane to throw, no question about it. However, that lane developed opposite of him. Not AT him.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:00 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't think so. This guy is like Marcus Peters last year. He fell a little bit and has an extremely high ceiling.

He'll be a rotational player but keep in mind, Jaye Howard only signed a 2 year deal and will be 29 when that contract expires.

Jones is only 21.

His comp is Muhammed Wilkerson.
Just spilled a whole 5 gallon bucket of jizz !
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:02 PM 04-29-2016

:-) Are you implying that one DL is supposed to take on 5 OL?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:03 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hope so.

I'm always leery of dl with motor issues
I think his motor will improve once they make him start wearing a jock strap.
[Reply]
Dante84 07:03 PM 04-29-2016
Yeah, because he shut down the other side of the field :-)
[Reply]
Page 14 of 59
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up