« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFT: Preview Video of Motley Crue 2005 Tour
Bob Dole 12:35 PM 12-12-2004
This tour should be one for the ages.

Click here
[Reply]
stevieray 03:04 PM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
We must have watched different videos. He was awful on the one I saw. Or maybe after my Dokken experience I just judge too harshly. In any event, I'm not paying to see him.
Me neither.

Some bands were meant to fade away. Ratt, Dokken, Posion etc
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:07 PM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Me neither.

Good bands, good music. But yea, I’ll just continue to stream their songs and remember them at their peak rather than pay for any live music.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:09 PM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Me neither.

I've seen Poison three times. They were awful, pretty good, and meh. Kind of depended on whether or not C.C. was with them, or how drunk he was. Michaels was a consistent good front man, though.
[Reply]
Dark Horse 05:07 PM 11-27-2021
[QUOTE=Frazod;15977751]It's a real crapshoot with these older bands. Sometimes they can still bring it, like the Eagles and Pat Benatar. Sometimes they've clearly lost a step, but the effort they put forth mostly makes up for it; this was the case for Eddie Money, who I saw less than a year before he died.

But sometimes they're just stealing from you. I saw Dokken open for Tom Keifer a couple of years ago, and it was hands down the worst performance ever. ****er can't sing at all now. It was like watching an angry old drunk do bad karaoke. At one point he started frantically waiving at his bass player to join in when he couldn't even come close to hitting high notes, and the bass player just looked at him like he was nuts and kept playing. I lasted three songs before I said **** it and went outside to smoke until Tom came on (he was great, BTW).

After their set the bass player came outside to smoke and was telling everybody how much of a dick Don Dokken was. :-)[/QUOTE

I saw Dokken in about 87 opening for Aerosmith they were terrible then too may just be a bad live band
[Reply]
Dark Horse 05:13 PM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
rofl

It's okay. Embrace the truth. The music from the 80's is grandpa music now.
On the contrary good music is timeless. Motley Crue to me is meh but lots of other bands from that era are great.
[Reply]
JakeF 05:58 PM 11-27-2021
Not sure which is in worse shape, his stomach or voice. When they constantly ask the audience to sing, it's a bad sign.

I had their album on repeat back in the day.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 06:49 PM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by Dark Horse:
On the contrary good music is timeless. Motley Crue to me is meh but lots of other bands from that era are great.
I don't think I ever said what you are implying. I simply said Motley Crue is grandpa music. Meaning those that grew up listening to those bands during their hey days either are a grandpas or moving into those years that most people become grandparents.

What I see what is going on here is a bunch of men afraid of understanding their actual age. Yes honey, you don't look like, act like or are in your 20's any more.

Embrace the truth you old motherfuckers are grandpa age and don't take offense to it like 38yr old woman trying to play like she is still 25.
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:37 PM 11-27-2021

What I see what is going on here is a bunch of men afraid of understanding their actual age.
The fuck is that supposed to mean? I know exactly how old I am.
[Reply]
Dark Horse 07:57 PM 11-27-2021
I understand my age just fine my Alzheimer’s is still in the early stages
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:50 PM 11-27-2021
I guess his takeaway is we're talking about Motley Crue because we're longing to be in our 20s again. Well Mr RubberSponge let me tell you about my life in my 20s. I was living in a fucking 14x70 mobile home with my wife and young son broke as fuck scraping by paycheck to paycheck, driving a shitty Chevy Cavalier with no AC. Never took vacations, had little social life, hell even being able to go out to eat was rare thing.

Compared to now where I share a home with my wife that's big enough we could go for weeks without seeing each other, I have a huge awesome garage with an extra car that's just for fun. We take fantastic vacations every year, blow out of town for the weekend frequently, pretty much do whatever the hell we want when we want. And I'm pretty fucking happy with it thankyouverymuch.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:40 PM 11-27-2021
I don't think I ever said what you are implying. I simply said Motley Crue is grandpa music. Meaning those that grew up listening to those bands during their hey days either are a grandpas or moving into those years that most people become grandparents.

What I see what is going on here is a bunch of men afraid of understanding their actual age. Yes honey, you don't look like, act like or are in your 20's any more.

Embrace the truth you old mother****ers are grandpa age and don't take offense to it like 38yr old woman trying to play like she is still 25.
Lol. This is some pompous shit if I’ve ever heard any.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:05 AM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
The fuck is that supposed to mean? I know exactly how old I am.
It means Motley Crue was relevant nearly 40years ago, grandpa.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:09 AM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Lol. This is some pompous shit if I’ve ever heard any.
Pompous to admit that Motley Crue is music from 40 years ago?

To put this into perspective. The music produced in 1953 was grandpa music in 1987 when girls girls girls came out.

That isn't being pompous. That's recognizing reality.

What is pompous is a bunch of older men taking offense to being called older men.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:11 AM 11-28-2021
I guess his takeaway is we're talking about Motley Crue because we're longing to be in our 20s again. Well Mr RubberSponge let me tell you about my life in my 20s. I was living in a fucking 14x70 mobile home with my wife and young son broke as fuck scraping by paycheck to paycheck, driving a shitty Chevy Cavalier with no AC. Never took vacations, had little social life, hell even being able to go out to eat was rare thing.

Compared to now where I share a home with my wife that's big enough we could go for weeks without seeing each other, I have a huge awesome garage with an extra car that's just for fun. We take fantastic vacations every year, blow out of town for the weekend frequently, pretty much do whatever the hell we want when we want. And I'm pretty fucking happy with it thankyouverymuch.
That doesn't discount the fact that Motley Crue is grandpa music now. It is nearly 4 decade old music.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:32 AM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
All the bands I like are too old to be worth paying to go to see. Well, except maybe for Alice Cooper. He never seems to slow down.
Finally got to see him at the uptown in early 80's. I was listening to him at 10 year old.

We paid right around $45 apiece for our tickets to see Paul McCartney a couple years ago. Still not sure how the hell that happened.
Saw him at Arrowhead. I was up in the nosebleeds but don't remember the ticket prices. It was nostalgic but still a fun concert.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up