ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
The Gonzo Lounge>Kyle Long may miss training camp with leg injury
TribalElder 07:15 AM 06-10-2021
Kyle Long‘s comeback effort has hit a snag.

NFL Media reports that Long suffered a leg injury that could keep him out through training camp. Initial thoughts were that it would keep him out for the season, but the hope is that Long will be able to return to action before the start of the regular season.

Long did not play in 2020 after missing 34 games over his final four years with the Bears due to injury, but signed with the Chiefs as part of their offensive line overhaul this offseason.

It looked like Long would be competing for the right guard spot during camp. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, who is also returning from sitting out the 2020 season, Andrew Wylie and sixth-round pick Trey Smith may now make up the group vying for that spot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...th-leg-injury/
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:40 AM 06-10-2021
Long is cheap veteran depth...this is why KC signed him.

Nothing has changed if he's ready by week one....SB is 6 months away from the season opener.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:42 AM 06-10-2021
Brown - Thuney - Humphrey - Smith - Remmers.

That will be your week 1 starting offensive line.
[Reply]
TEX 10:46 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Brown - Thuney - Humphrey - Smith - Remmers.

That will be your week 1 starting offensive line.
I doubt Reid goes with 2 rookies side by side. Bet Blythe is in there somewhere.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:53 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Brown - Thuney - Humphrey - Smith - Remmers.

That will be your week 1 starting offensive line.
fucking hope not.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:54 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Brown - Thuney - Humphrey - Smith - Remmers.

That will be your week 1 starting offensive line.
Brown-Thuney-Humphrey-LDT-Niang.
[Reply]
TEX 10:57 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Brown-Thuney-Humphrey-LDT-Niang.
That or Blythe at C out of the gate.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:59 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
He fractured his kneecap. Jesus
Doing what? Playing golf?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:01 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
That or Blythe at C out of the gate.
I think Humphrey's upside wins that spot as long as he's got a vet on either side of him.

I think OC is more important than RG, which is why I would bet on Humphrey starting and not Smith to begin the season.

By midseason that could change if they're comfortable with Humphrey and Niang's progress and game smarts.

I just don't see Andy rolling with 60% rookies, and the entire center and right side being all rookies.

But I've been wrong a few times this offseason, so who knows.

I'd think he'll want a vet in between the two youngsters though, and I think Niang should beat out Remmers.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:13 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think Humphrey's upside wins that spot as long as he's got a vet on either side of him.

I think OC is more important than RG, which is why I would bet on Humphrey starting and not Smith to begin the season.

By midseason that could change if they're comfortable with Humphrey and Niang's progress and game smarts.

I just don't see Andy rolling with 60% rookies, and the entire center and right side being all rookies.

But I've been wrong a few times this offseason, so who knows.

I'd think he'll want a vet in between the two youngsters though, and I think Niang should beat out Remmers.
Blyth was pretty damn good with the Rams last year. I think he'll take the starters spot (for their season). Smith I think is the one that beats out his vet competition. Was there a major reason that he dropped? Projected for the 2nd round lol. He should ne able to take down the Frenchman -who is a FA anyway. Remmers and Niang should be a good battle but Lucas hasn't played real football in over 2 years....

Brown
Thuney
Blyth
Smith
Remmers

With Niang, and Creed getting mins this season as our relief for the starters. After the season, Blyth leaves (1 yr deal I think?) and Creed becomes our C for the next 12 years.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:16 AM 06-10-2021
How exactly did he manage to fracture his kneecap? What was he doing?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:24 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Blyth was pretty damn good with the Rams last year. I think he'll take the starters spot (for their season). Smith I think is the one that beats out his vet competition. Was there a major reason that he dropped? Projected for the 2nd round lol. He should ne able to take down the Frenchman -who is a FA anyway. Remmers and Niang should be a good battle but Lucas hasn't played real football in over 2 years....

Brown
Thuney
Blyth
Smith
Remmers

With Niang, and Creed getting mins this season as our relief for the starters. After the season, Blyth leaves (1 yr deal I think?) and Creed becomes our C for the next 12 years.
Smith slid because of health concerns.

I agree with Meck. Humphrey's upside is off the charts and I think he wins that job. If Remmers wins the RT job, I could see Smith in the mix at RG but I don't think Andy rolls with Humphrey, Niang, AND Smith.
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 11:24 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Blyth was pretty damn good with the Rams last year. I think he'll take the starters spot (for their season). Smith I think is the one that beats out his vet competition. Was there a major reason that he dropped? Projected for the 2nd round lol. He should ne able to take down the Frenchman -who is a FA anyway. Remmers and Niang should be a good battle but Lucas hasn't played real football in over 2 years....

Brown
Thuney
Blyth
Smith
Remmers

With Niang, and Creed getting mins this season as our relief for the starters. After the season, Blyth leaves (1 yr deal I think?) and Creed becomes our C for the next 12 years.
Given the Chiefs’ track record, they let him walk at the end of his rookie deal.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:25 AM 06-10-2021
It's so nice that this happens and we get to discuss which player on our roster should replace him rather than what brokedick retread we should be looking into.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:28 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
It's so nice that this happens and we get to discuss which player on our roster should replace him rather than what brokedick retread we should be looking into.

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:35 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
It's so nice that this happens and we get to discuss which player on our roster should replace him rather than what brokedick retread we should be looking into.
TROOF!
[Reply]
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up