ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Ryan Fitzpatrick is a gem
DaFace 03:44 PM 06-08-2021
The guy may be wildly inconsistent as a QB, but I'd take him as a backup just for the laughs.

[Reply]
Why Not? 09:35 PM 06-08-2021
Love him. My favorite non Chief by far.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:02 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
Ryan Fitzpatrick is the type of QB that Marty would draft and KC would focus upon his admittedly impressive hilights while ignoring the downside. But it really didn’t matter because You knew that Marty was going to run the ball about 60-70% of the time and hope for his defenses to win the game for him.

Don’t get me wrong. I love Marty. He brought a moribund franchise back from the dead. He had defenses that would have shut down the Greatest Show on Turf. But we had several journey-men, re-tread QBs under him: DeBerg, Krieg, Bono, Grbac, etc. I wish we had accomplished more with Marty but a quick review of our QBs under Marty shows why we never went to the Super Bowl under him.

So while I can appreciate Mr. Fitzpatrick, and I can laugh at his humor (this photo; the ‘DeSean Watson wardrobe’ interview), knowing we have the best QB in NFL history calms the PTSD I get when looking at a QB like Fitzpatrick and remembering the numerous QBs like him that played for KC.
Man. I wish we had Ryan for 95 or 97. Would have been far better than putting out Bono or an out of shape Grbac (it absolutely did matter that Grbac was out there when he burned two of our timeouts in the third for being out of breath -- a lot of Grbac revisionists have forgotten that critical detail. Two timeouts on that last drive utterly changes that game).
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:01 AM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Man. I wish we had Ryan for 95 or 97. Would have been far better than putting out Bono or an out of shape Grbac (it absolutely did matter that Grbac was out there when he burned two of our timeouts in the third for being out of breath -- a lot of Grbac revisionists have forgotten that critical detail. Two timeouts on that last drive utterly changes that game).
Rich Gannon should have been the QB starting for the CHIEFS. I never understood what Carl and marty saw in Elvis Grbac.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:12 AM 06-09-2021
You know that Tom Brady was super pissed when they lost the 2 seed that year, I will forever be thankful to Fitzmagic for that.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:51 AM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Rich Gannon should have been the QB starting for the CHIEFS. I never understood what Carl and marty saw in Elvis Grbac.
Had the Chiefs gone all in with Gannon, there might have been a Superbowl win for KC in the late 90's. At the worst, some playoff wins and maybe a Superbowl appearance.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:14 PM 06-09-2021
I'm not sure why Washington signed Fitzpatrick. They have a good defense and need a consistent QB who doesn't turn the ball over. Instead, they decide to sign a reckless QB who tends to make huge game-changing mistakes.

A guy like Andy Dalton would have been a much better signing.
[Reply]
Sofa King 01:21 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
I'm not sure why Washington signed Fitzpatrick. They have a good defense and need a consistent QB who doesn't turn the ball over. Instead, they decide to sign a reckless QB who tends to make huge game-changing mistakes.

A guy like Andy Dalton would have been a much better signing.
Woofta. Andy fucking Dalton? Clearly you haven't watched him play the last couple years. My god what a terrible take.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:22 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Woofta. Andy fucking Dalton? Clearly you haven't watched him play the last couple years. My god what a terrible take.
Even if Dalton clearly was the better QB (he's not), he's about as fun to watch playing football as Alex Smith. I'd much rather have someone who is at least entertaining. It's not like Washington is going to be a contender next year either way.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:29 PM 06-09-2021
Last year Washington won with a Alex Smith on one leg because he just didn't fuck up. A conservative QB is what Washington needed.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:31 PM 06-09-2021
Last year Washington won with a Alex Smith on one leg because he just didn't **** up. A conservative QB is what Washington needed.
C'mon... they won the NFCE with a 7-9 record.
Alex Smith started 6 games, won 5 - so that's cool... but, he threw 6 TDs and 8 INTs in those 6 games. Is that really what you're rolling with?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:50 PM 06-09-2021
Last year Washington won with a Alex Smith on one leg because he just didn't fuck up. A conservative QB is what Washington needed.
You should probably look up Fitzpatrick and Dalton's stats for the past few years. Dalton may be slightly better in some ways, but on the whole Fitz has been the better statistical QB.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:14 PM 06-09-2021
Woofta. Andy ****ing Dalton? Clearly you haven't watched him play the last couple years. My god what a terrible take.
JakeF with a terrible take?

I'm shocked, I tell ya. Shocked!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:09 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
T. Rich getting out of bounds changes that game.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:08 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You should probably look up Fitzpatrick and Dalton's stats for the past few years. Dalton may be slightly better in some ways, but on the whole Fitz has been the better statistical QB.
And despite where he went to school seems like a lunch-pail kinda' guy. He knows he's living the dream and looks like he appreciates it...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up