ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN is Garbage
Chieftain 06:05 PM 06-07-2021
I wanted to vent off here about this because it's way overdue. ESPN was once a great sports media back when guys like Stuart Scott, Dan Patrick, Rich Eisen and Kenny Mayne were doing their nightly casts. Or even before that when Bob Ley had just started Outside the Lines. Their main attraction was the iconic Monday Night Countdown with Chris Berman and Tom Jackson. They also aired the very successful NHL 2Night on ESPN2 with John Buccigross and Barry Melrose.

Today, ESPN is heralded by woke trash like Stephen A Smith. Their only great anchor is Mike Greenberg. They got rid of the only watchable football anchor in Trey Wingo. What really annoys me most though is their sports app. Every single time you click on the box score it shows the entire team lineup as if they designed it only for NBA games.:-)
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:36 AM 06-08-2021
I really never watched ESPN.
I do like the 30 for 30 Documentaries
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 08:44 AM 06-08-2021
Back in the day, ESPN was story driven and reported sports like the news. Now, ESPN is opinion and faux outrage driven. During summer breaks when I was a kid, I would watch sportscenter every morning. Now, I don't remember the last time I watched a full on episode of it
[Reply]
loochy 09:00 AM 06-08-2021

[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:11 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
How is Mike Greenberg great? He’s just a guy.
I have no fucking idea. Nothing about a guy from NY talking about his metrosexual life really jumped out as great commentary, but whatever.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:18 AM 06-08-2021
Tell us more about being "woke" you redneck
[Reply]
staylor26 09:21 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
You’re definitely a woke cult member considering how often you throw around racist, misogynist, etc.

So it’s not at all surprising that you aren’t bothered by the woke bs.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:24 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Back in the day, ESPN was story driven and reported sports like the news. Now, ESPN is opinion and faux outrage driven. During summer breaks when I was a kid, I would watch sportscenter every morning. Now, I don't remember the last time I watched a full on episode of it
Simpler times. Back then they could dominate tv contracts and provide news and video highlights like nobody else. Now there's lots of competition to their bread and butter. So then they started worrying about clicks. They're seeing fallout to becoming a gossip show. So now they see the big opportunity for power and money is to take over college sports which they'll eventually destroy. At some point they have to be like blockbuster and recognize they will never be what they used to be.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:46 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You’re definitely a woke cult member considering how often you throw around racist, misogynist, etc.

So it’s not at all surprising that you aren’t bothered by the woke bs.
This forum is packed with racism and misogyny and dipshits don’t like being called out on it.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:03 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Derp derp derp espn is woke trash derp derp copy paste I miss matlock
Where would the world be without these two heroes?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:15 AM 06-08-2021
This forum is packed with racism and misogyny and dipshits don’t like being called out on it.
Orrr you’re just a huge fucking pussy that uses those words when they don’t apply…
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:16 AM 06-08-2021
Probably sitting around smoking meth and blowing each other and complaining about "the blacks" and saying "stick to sports" whenever anybody calls them out on their BS

edit: oh bastion of reason on race issues staylor please tell me more about how not wanting to be a fucking racist is "pussy"
[Reply]
staylor26 10:20 AM 06-08-2021
Probably sitting around smoking meth and blowing each other and complaining about "the blacks" and saying "stick to sports" whenever anybody calls them out on their BS

edit: oh bastion of reason on race issues staylor please tell me more about how not wanting to be a fucking racist is "pussy"
I don’t support racism and I’m far from a racist you fucking SJW outstanding citizen.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:24 AM 06-08-2021
You say that and yet...your posts. fuck off
[Reply]
Ks_Twister 10:25 AM 06-08-2021
would have loved to hear Stu Scott do a highlight of a PMII game.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:25 AM 06-08-2021
You say that and yet...your posts. fuck off
Can you provide even 1 example of a racist post from me?

I’ll wait….
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up