ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Suggested Post-Draft Free Agents & Trade Ideas?
Couch-Potato 07:13 AM 05-02-2021
What say you CP? What are the best available FA acquisitions and trade scenarios for the Chiefs post-draft?

Shwartz or Fisher, to compete with Niang for RT?

Breeland, Earl Thomas or Sherman at DB?

Melvin Ingram as dedicated Pass Rusher?

Larry Fitzgerald or Goldan Tate as WR #2?

Pull off the big trade for Julio!?
[Reply]
tredadda 10:02 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Id be okay taking a "gamble" on a guy that has EARNED his stripes. He is a future 1st ballot HOFer for a reason. Entering next year he is a top five WR in this league.

Golden Tate, Dede Westbrook, that crap isn't going to move the needle whatsoever. If that is what some of you are asking for I guess I'd prefer to just stand pat with Hardman, Robinson, Pringle as your second tier options dont need to waste more money for another JAG receiver.
Whoever you bring in is option #3. You can still get a good one for cheaper than Julio.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:08 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
LDT would be the "continuity" since he has been a starter under Reid. I'm not advocating for it, I'm just trying to guess how it will shake out.
Understood. I personally hope were able to replace him. He was not dominate the last time we saw him.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 10:09 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Whoever you bring in is option #3. You can still get a good one for cheaper than Julio.
I dont think there is much out there in the free agent market that has more to offer than Robinson as a third option. He knows the offense and has built good rapport with Mahomes. Just spend that $ on defense.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:17 AM 05-03-2021
I mean to be fair we went 7-0 without Watkins last year and averaged 33.1 PPG....
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:25 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
There is 0% chance Julio gets cut. If the Falcons make him available he will be traded. I think people vastly underestimate his value. Top five WR in the league. Future HOFer. Great in the lockeroom. Great in the community. Leader. Everything you want. There will be a bidding war for him.
I stand corrected, I had read a piece wrong, if they cut him they have an additional $15 million in dead money and they are in cap hell already. However, I don't think anyone will want to pick up that contract, especially the Chiefs... injury concerns or not. I think he may go for a 3rd or 4th round pick at the best if traded, and the Falcons may just restructure his current deal and keep him, if that's all they can get. JMO
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:32 AM 05-03-2021
I don't think we need the needle moved that much when it comes to the third receiver, or even second receiver. Mecole Hardman HAS to know that this is a make or break year for him. Even Mahomes called him out on twitter when they drafted Powell.

It's so funny how everyone was clamoring for us to take a WR in the second round. I'm like... uh... we just did. How about he steps up and runs good routes, then this isn't an issue?
[Reply]
tatorhog 10:37 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Understood. I personally hope were able to replace him. He was not dominate the last time we saw him.
I've watched probably more clips of Smith than any other of the draftees leading up to the draft. Which still isn't much, but the guy just stands out to me, especially going against all the SEC dlinemen that got drafted. My gut says LDT starts just because Andy knows him and likes him, but I can't help but think Smith is ultimately the guy, and that'll be sooner than later.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:09 PM 05-03-2021
Leno perhaps?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:30 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Leno perhaps?
Why tf would we get Leno
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:33 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
He was disappoint.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 01:24 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Cut Wylie.

Zero dead money and Chiefs create $2.133 million in space.

Cya

Might be able to get a 7th for trading him.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 01:27 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I don't think we need the needle moved that much when it comes to the third receiver, or even second receiver. Mecole Hardman HAS to know that this is a make or break year for him. Even Mahomes called him out on twitter when they drafted Powell.

It's so funny how everyone was clamoring for us to take a WR in the second round. I'm like... uh... we just did. How about he steps up and runs good routes, then this isn't an issue?
People seem to have given up on Hardman. I haven't.

Remember, he was 21 his rookie year so he's now the same age as Tyreek was before his yr 2 breakout.

Hardman also didn't have OTAs and a truncated camp/preseason in 2020 that probably hurt his development. If you watched Kurt Warner's breakdown of the SB, you'll see one play in particular that if Hardman cut upfield he likely would have gotten a TD.

Harman really needs to work on the mental side of route adjustments as well as sharpening his cuts.
[Reply]
In58men 01:33 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by JohnnyV13:
Might be able to get a 7th for trading him.
Veach would miraculously get a 5th somehow. Prolly give up our 7th + Wylie.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:54 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
I've watched probably more clips of Smith than any other of the draftees leading up to the draft. Which still isn't much, but the guy just stands out to me, especially going against all the SEC dlinemen that got drafted. My gut says LDT starts just because Andy knows him and likes him, but I can't help but think Smith is ultimately the guy, and that'll be sooner than later.
That is interesting, i like him a lot as well but he has some stuff that needs cleaned up. I would have assumed Long would get a shot at the rotation because Andy loves vets and his dad is part of that NFL good ol boys club. But id be thrilled if Smith just steam rolled both vets.
[Reply]
flinchfree 02:13 PM 05-03-2021
Was Breeland spooning Reiter on the same set of ski's as the middle fatty jumped the shark?

There's going to be a bunch of veerry good vets getting released over the next couple weeks, we may pick up upgrades at special sticker prices....
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up