ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Suggested Post-Draft Free Agents & Trade Ideas?
Couch-Potato 07:13 AM 05-02-2021
What say you CP? What are the best available FA acquisitions and trade scenarios for the Chiefs post-draft?

Shwartz or Fisher, to compete with Niang for RT?

Breeland, Earl Thomas or Sherman at DB?

Melvin Ingram as dedicated Pass Rusher?

Larry Fitzgerald or Goldan Tate as WR #2?

Pull off the big trade for Julio!?
[Reply]
oldman 09:33 AM 05-02-2021
I just don't see us bringing in another big name FA. I think we're bumping the cap right now if you count the money needed to sign our draft picks. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Breeland if he'd go for the $3M range. As far as WR, either dump some of the trash at the bottom of the roster or roll with what we have.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:34 AM 05-02-2021
What’s our cap space?
[Reply]
oldman 09:45 AM 05-02-2021
This says $9.89M, but I don't know if that counts the money needed to sign the drat picks or not. The last I read was they estimated $7M for that, however that was before the Brown trade. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/cap/
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:01 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
What say you CP? What are the best available FA acquisitions and trade scenarios for the Chiefs post-draft?

Shwartz or Fisher, to compete with Niang for RT?

Breeland, Earl Thomas or Sherman at DB?

Melvin Ingram as dedicated Pass Rusher?

Larry Fitzgerald or Goldan Tate as WR #2?

Pull off the big trade for Julio!?
Fisher was not very good at RT, although it was his rookie year. I would rather have Schwartz on a one year deal. So :-)
Fuck no to Earl Thomas. Sherman is a Cover 3 zone type CB and we don't run that scheme.
Fuck no to Julio and his recent injury stuff and his $15.3 Million guaranteed. I would love the idea of having Fitzgerald just not sure how much he has left in the tank.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:05 AM 05-02-2021
We’re not signing anymore WRs. Chiefs already said Powell will be Sammys replacement
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:08 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
This says $9.89M, but I don't know if that counts the money needed to sign the drat picks or not. The last I read was they estimated $7M for that, however that was before the Brown trade. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/cap/
Assuming it counts draft picks, we have room for Breland and that’s about it.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 10:10 AM 05-02-2021
There is still the Tyran extension that needs to get done and that will free up more cap space if they chose to use it on a FA or two.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 10:13 AM 05-02-2021
Still think Dede Westbrook is the best scheme fit of the FA WRs.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:02 AM 05-02-2021
Cut Wylie.

Zero dead money and Chiefs create $2.133 million in space.

Cya
[Reply]
O.city 11:19 AM 05-02-2021
Wonder if a team that drafted a wr and has one they may move on from would be interested in a trade?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:24 AM 05-02-2021
I forgot the date but there is a day in May where you can sign players and they don’t count against your comp picks. I bet Veach is waiting for that
[Reply]
penchief 11:32 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
It seems like we have a huge hole at WR #2.

I think Mecole, Drob, and Powell will get some play but that's the most obvious question mark.

I also would like another vet pass rusher/ ring chaser.
Passing game will improve based solely on the new OL. Better pass protection and a better running game will combine to make the passing game a lot easier to execute and expand upon.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:33 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Yep. Can't wait for training camp.
The Offensive lines battles will be something. Aside from OBJ and Thuney, no one has their spot guaranteed. Amazing how Veach took that unit from one of the worst in the league to (on paper) a top 4 group in the NFL.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:43 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I forgot the date but there is a day in May where you can sign players and they don’t count against your comp picks. I bet Veach is waiting for that
As of tomorrow I believe
[Reply]
oldman 12:09 PM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
What comp picks do you think we'll get? Reiter and Breeland aren't signed and Sammy's 1 year deal isn't a big splash. No one is breaking down the door to sign either Fisher or Schwartz. Unless something crazy happens, I think the comp picks ship has sailed for 2022.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up