« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trey Smith Thread*****
Dante84 03:34 PM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
mkp785 12:16 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Humphrey is a 2nd round, highly touted C prospect who started at a high end college in a big offense.

Smith was supposedly a top 50 pick hampered with injury issue. Same with Niang.

It's not like you're starting 3 late round dudes.
You're starting 3 rookies on a 2 time super bowl team with a half billion dollar QB to protect....this seems like a good idea to you? When we have perfectly good backup vets to mix in with these guys. All because of every fans desire to "play the young guys".

It makes no sense.
[Reply]
O.city 12:56 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
You're starting 3 rookies on a 2 time super bowl team with a half billion dollar QB to protect....this seems like a good idea to you? When we have perfectly good backup vets to mix in with these guys. All because of every fans desire to "play the young guys".

It makes no sense.
You're ok starting lesser players because they have experience?

Wylie at RG and Remmers at RT?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:03 PM 06-10-2021
You're ok starting lesser players because they have experience?

Wylie at RG and Remmers at RT?
The whole idea is that the guys with experience are BETTER players.

Nobody is suggesting we put lesser players out there just because they have experience. Having experience is part of what makes a vet a potential better option.
[Reply]
O.city 01:05 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The whole idea is that the guys with experience are BETTER players.

Nobody is suggesting we put lesser players out there just because they have experience. Having experience is part of what makes a vet a potential better option.
I know what those guys are though. I've seen Wylie at RG and RT. I've seen Remmers and while he was good at RT there last year, I'm not sure that's something that will carry over.

I don't have a problem if that's who they roll with, I'm just saying roll with whoever is the best players there, experience be damned.
[Reply]
mkp785 01:10 PM 06-10-2021
I know what those guys are though. I've seen Wylie at RG and RT. I've seen Remmers and while he was good at RT there last year, I'm not sure that's something that will carry over.

I don't have a problem if that's who they roll with, I'm just saying roll with whoever is the best players there, experience be damned.
Who in God's name has mentioned Wylie starting? Where'd you get that nonsense. Remmers at RT and Blyth at C is what I said.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:11 PM 06-10-2021

Well, Wylie isn't even in the conversation so not sure why you're bringing it up.

As for Remmers, he we good at RT last year. Niang was sitting at home and despite all the work he did while away, you just got done saying there's only so much you can learn from the bench.

And finally, we don't disagree. I want the best players too. There's also Andy's method which as we saw in the Super Bowl, isn't always that way.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:21 PM 06-10-2021
There's only so much you can learn on the bench.
And only so much you can do with Patrick on the IR. Starting 3 OL that haven't taken 1 NFL snap should be a fireable offense.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 01:31 PM 06-10-2021
With Humphrey getting a lot of first team reps, does Blythe get some guard time? It doesn’t seem likely the team would roster two Center-only players. The team has always valued versatility and having Blythe at RG could potentially help Creed get extra eyes on protection calls if he wins the spot.
[Reply]
O.city 03:07 PM 06-10-2021
Who in God's name has mentioned Wylie starting? Where'd you get that nonsense. Remmers at RT and Blyth at C is what I said.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Well, Wylie isn't even in the conversation so not sure why you're bringing it up.

As for Remmers, he we good at RT last year. Niang was sitting at home and despite all the work he did while away, you just got done saying there's only so much you can learn from the bench.

And finally, we don't disagree. I want the best players too. There's also Andy's method which as we saw in the Super Bowl, isn't always that way.
Go listen to Andy talk about the competition for the LG spot today's presser.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:14 PM 06-10-2021
Yeah, I don't even need to listen to know that's coach speak.

Joe Thuney didn't get $48M in guarantees to not be the starting LG.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:14 PM 06-10-2021
I know we got Blythe and Wylie. But word is Long got hurt today. Trey Smith will have a shot at the starting position.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:48 PM 06-10-2021
If Remmers is going to play RT what about Niang to guard?
[Reply]
mkp785 03:55 PM 06-10-2021
Andy's not putting Thuney anywhere other than LG. He's as locked into a position as you can be on that line. Him and Brown already know their spots.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:01 PM 06-10-2021
Andy's not putting Thuney anywhere other than LG. He's as locked into a position as you can be on that line. Him and Brown already know their spots.
O. city meant RG. Typo's happen. And he did mention Wylie and Allegretti along with the other candidates. Said we are okay at the position.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:04 PM 06-10-2021
And FWIW, I have never heard Andy be so short with answers.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 52
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up