ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 167
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
ModSocks 02:07 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

[Reply]

BryanBusby 02:09 PM 04-29-2021
Man I don't blame him. Throw the reasons out the door.

I was ready for a change of scenery after being at the same job for nearly 12 years. Gotta be repetitive doing the same shit over and over with the same end result.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:10 PM 04-29-2021
The Packers should take the 49ers #3 overall pick, then turn it into multiple picks in order to beef up their defense, especially at pass rusher and CB, then add a wide receiver or two along with offensive and defensive line depth.

I mean, for fuck's sake, they drafted Jordan Love last year so why are they waiting to play him?
[Reply]
O.city 02:10 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's annoyed that he's 37 and playing at an MVP level while his team is busy not signing any FAs and drafting guys that will never play.

This board would meltdown if Mahomes was 37 and playing that well and the team have him no help.
They have the best WR in the game, the best LT in football, a top 5 RB.

I get what youre saying but damn.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:11 PM 04-29-2021
I mean, they drafted their QB of the future last season right?

So what's the problem, GB? I thought ya'll were preparing for this, no?
[Reply]
O.city 02:11 PM 04-29-2021
Please not New ENgland.
[Reply]
Sofa King 02:11 PM 04-29-2021
Stay in the NFC you stupid bitch. No Broncos, no Raiders, no Patriots. Just go to WFT or something.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:12 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Packers should take the 49ers #3 overall pick, then turn it into multiple picks in order to beef up their defense, especially at pass rusher and CB, then add a wide receiver or two along with offensive and defensive line depth.

I mean, for ****'s sake, they drafted Jordan Love last year so why are they waiting to play him?
I mean, other than the fact he’s a project and was overdrafted.

They deserve Love, though, after moving from Farve to Rogers.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:12 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
I mean, other than the fact he’s a project and was overdrafted.
I was being facetious.

Everyone said the Packers would be much better after firing Ted Thompson but it looks to me that they're exactly the same.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:12 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

That would be a first.

Rodgers won the MVP & wants to be traded. That surely hasn’t happened before.

Crazy
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:13 PM 04-29-2021

I mean, for ****'s sake, they drafted Jordan Love last year so why are they waiting to play him?
Same organization that didn’t start Rodgers until season 4
[Reply]
O.city 02:13 PM 04-29-2021
The second you draft Love you started the clock on this. They had to know that.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:13 PM 04-29-2021
If i were GB id ask for that three and Kittle. Probably unrealistic but Love would have no excuse.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:14 PM 04-29-2021

I mean, for fuck's sake, they drafted Jordan Love last year so why are they waiting to play him?
Jordan Love is a pile of dogshit...they'd win 3 games.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:14 PM 04-29-2021
Its not the Packers front office fault Rodgers was too dumb to run for an easy TD on 3rd down in the NFCCG.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 167
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up