« First < 34567 891011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Darnold Traded to Car
Clyde Frog 02:00 PM 04-05-2021

Lol, SF gets fucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:56 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Or the Jets should have drafted Josh Allen.
If the Jets had drafted Josh Allen, he'd have gone the way of Josh Rosen.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:16 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If the Jets had drafted Josh Allen, he'd have gone the way of Josh Rosen.
Josh Allen trying to run Adam Gase's offense would have been hilarious.

When Allen first stepped on the field in 2018 Daboll was trying to make him run the Patriots/Brady offense and Allen looked like a deer in the headlights.

After he got injured, Daboll changed the offense to build around Allen. What did that look like?

Tell Allen to look at Read 1 and throw if open. If not start running.

Boom. Now he was playable if not a world beater.

Then in Year 2 they added Brown to beat zone coverage and Beasley to beat man coverage. Allen was now to look at the defense and if it was zone it was going to Brown. If it was man it was going to Beasley.

Year 3 Allen had his pre-snap reads down and they added Diggs who could beat either.

Gase would not have bothered doing any of this adjusting to the QB and Allen would be a bust by now.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:49 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
How is it even a discussion of remotely similar situations? You don't make ****ing sense.
It's called being a damn hyporcrite. Run down a proven qb and praise one that's been a bust.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:15 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
It's called being a damn hyporcrite. Run down a proven qb and praise one that's been a bust.
The thing about going #1 overall is that you're going to a really, really shitty team.

That's honestly the #1 reason these top flight QB prospects so often flame out.

If you need a QB, and you can't get in position to take your guy in the draft, then your best option is to try to rehab one of these young 'busts'.

I don't think it's fair to judge Darnold by what happened under Gase. Gase clearly sucks. Look at how much better Tannehill was once he got away from him. Still not top flight, but certainly a decent NFL QB.

Darnold and Wentz are going to be interesting to watch this year. I wouldn't bet against either playing much better in much better situations.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:19 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Josh Allen trying to run Adam Gase's offense would have been hilarious.

When Allen first stepped on the field in 2018 Daboll was trying to make him run the Patriots/Brady offense and Allen looked like a deer in the headlights.

After he got injured, Daboll changed the offense to build around Allen. What did that look like?

Tell Allen to look at Read 1 and throw if open. If not start running.

Boom. Now he was playable if not a world beater.

Then in Year 2 they added Brown to beat zone coverage and Beasley to beat man coverage. Allen was now to look at the defense and if it was zone it was going to Brown. If it was man it was going to Beasley.

Year 3 Allen had his pre-snap reads down and they added Diggs who could beat either.

Gase would not have bothered doing any of this adjusting to the QB and Allen would be a bust by now.
I think there are a lot of stubbornly arrogant coaches in the sport.

Why in the world would you NOT build the offense around your QB's skillset? Yet you're absolutely right, a lot of people don't.

Look at how different KC's offense is from Smith to Mahomes. yes, there's a big difference in arm talent, but look at how the plays are drawn up and how different that is from the Smith era. That's Reid looking at what his QB is good at and designing plays around that. THAT is being a smart coach.

Daboll did a smart thing in restructuring that offense around Allen's skillset.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:42 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think there are a lot of stubbornly arrogant coaches in the sport.

Why in the world would you NOT build the offense around your QB's skillset? Yet you're absolutely right, a lot of people don't.

Look at how different KC's offense is from Smith to Mahomes. yes, there's a big difference in arm talent, but look at how the plays are drawn up and how different that is from the Smith era. That's Reid looking at what his QB is good at and designing plays around that. THAT is being a smart coach.

Daboll did a smart thing in restructuring that offense around Allen's skillset.
Mahomes is one of the few QB talents that would make it under any system. Most QB prospects, even those drafted very high, need the right scheme and players to maximize their talent.

Andy Reid also happens to be the top offensive playcaller and QB developer in the NFL so Mahomes not only thrived, he exploded on people.

I think many KC fans are now a bit spoiled. There are no more PM2's coming anytime soon. Even Trevor Lawrence.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:52 PM 04-07-2021

I think many KC fans are now a bit spoiled. There are no more PM2's coming anytime soon. Even Trevor Lawrence.
Lawrence is more of a Joe Burrow.

But Zach Wilson can make Mahomes like throws and will likely be the next big thing that the media will hype up to artificially create a Joker to Mahomes' Batman.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:52 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

But Zach Wilson can make Mahomes like throws and will likely be the next big thing that the media will hype up to artificially create a Joker to Mahomes' Batman.
Zach Wilson has star potential but if he ends up with the Jets, well...
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:55 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Zach Wilson has star potential but if he ends up with the Jets, well...
IDK man....i get it, Jets gonna Jets, but we've seen teams do culture changes and completely turn it around in a season before.

And if Salas is gonna run Shanahan's system, Wilson will be set up for early success as he'll be more of a point guard than a QB. At least to start.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:59 PM 04-07-2021

I have Zach Wilson as QB 1 and he does have good off-platform throwing ability.

But he is not Mahomes who is the best we have ever seen at this. Wilson can do it and get the ball there. Mahomes can go off-platform and it is a laser shot.

Mahomes is just different.

Wilson/Scheme Fit:

Yes, Agreed. Wilson is a perfect scheme fit for Shanahan style offense the Jets want to run.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:01 PM 04-07-2021
I have Zach Wilson as QB 1 and he does have good off-platform throwing ability.

But he is not Mahomes who is the best we have ever seen at this. Wilson can do it and get the ball there. Mahomes can go off-platform and it is a laser shot.

Mahomes is just different.

Wilson/Scheme Fit:

Yes, Agreed. Wilson is a perfect scheme fit for Shanahan style offense the Jets want to run.
Sure, im not saying he's Mahomes obviously. But he's going to have his wow throws that are comparable to Mahomes/Rodgers etc.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:03 PM 04-07-2021
IDK man....i get it, Jets gonna Jets, but we've seen teams do culture changes and completely turn it around in a season before.

And if Salas is gonna run Shanahan's system, Wilson will be set up for early success as he'll be more of a point guard than a QB. At least to start.
Yeah, it's just that it's the Jets.

Kind of like the Browns and Lions.

It's like fate or something.

I totally get you - Wilson and Shanahan's system should be a perfect match. But it's like the Jets just suck the life out of players.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:12 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, it's just that it's the Jets.

Kind of like the Browns and Lions.

It's like fate or something.

I totally get you - Wilson and Shanahan's system should be a perfect match. But it's like the Jets just suck the life out of players.
At least there is scheme fit. I agree that the Jets have been a dumpster fire. Let's see what they get from their draft.

And Lawrence is getting Bevell. That's a horrible match for him. He should have got something more modern.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:23 PM 04-07-2021
At least there is scheme fit. I agree that the Jets have been a dumpster fire. Let's see what they get from their draft.

And Lawrence is getting Bevell. That's a horrible match for him. He should have got something more modern.
Yeah, it's not even really rational.

It's "the Jets". The word that comes to mind is "inevitable".

It would be nice to see them actually be competitive for a change. Give the Bills a run. That could be a really good division if so.
[Reply]
oldman 02:40 PM 04-07-2021
I keep reading the thread title as "Darnold traded for a car". Anyway, it'll be good for him to get away from NYC. I just never saw that as a good fit.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up