ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 53
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****All Things Weather 2021*****
displacedinMN 06:52 PM 01-31-2021
Talk about, report, and complain about weather here. It does not matter where you live. Talk about what you got. Snow, wind, hail, storms, virga, meatballs. Give information about what city is close to you. Pics are great too.

This map can be used by anyone and moved to your area. It is customizable for you and gives a lot of information.

Live storm chasers videos https://www.severestudios.com/livechase/
Windy radar map https://www.windy.com/
Live lightning map https://map.blitzortung.org/#1/52/8
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:56 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
For all the people who prefer winter over summer:

Get

Fucked
To be fair, the reason I like it is decreased workload.

Originally Posted by htismaqe:
No shit.

Spent my morning trying to get a car out of a 4-foot drift. Some people have no business driving in winter.

For the record, I'd like to find the author of Field of Dreams and fucking throttle his soul. Motherfucker from NY thinks Iowa is heaven. Live here in January you fucking moron.
8-9 inches but it's so cold, it's all powder. Blowing around like crazy. Roads drift shut in a couple hours, even after the maintainer goes through.

I had a path cut and told them "stay to the left". Of course, when I got down the to assess the situation, they were 4 feet too far to the right. :-)
Yeah, can't wait for the arctic blast. :-)
:-) I can feel the hate through the computer screen.

Hilariously, dad told me the coldest he's ever been ever was in Iowa. Him and some other guys did a Deere tour in I wanna say the late 70s or early 80s. If it was a Gold Key thing it was like 82. He said the high for the couple days he was there was like 0 and -20s as the low. He said there was a damn snow drift in his hotel room one morning. :-) Just brutal cold everywhere. Said the only place he was warm was the foundry. God I laugh every time he brings it up. He damn near shivers every time.

Dad hates the cold as much as anyone I've ever met.

Fucking Iowa man.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:07 PM 02-01-2021
I absolutely hate it here. If it weren't for family circumstances, we'd be much further south by now.

Damn obligations interfering with me enjoying warmer weather year round...
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:38 AM 02-02-2021
What's the coldest that a summer can be before it's too cold?

If the average high in the summer was 60, would that be no good? 65? 68? 70? Note that we're talking about the daily high.
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:35 AM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

If the average high in the summer was 60, would that be no good? 65? 68? 70? Note that we're talking about the daily high.
tell ya what man, after going thru a 3 year drought that finishes off with one of the largest bush fires in recorded history, it's done nothing but fucking rain, man!

right now it should be 90-95 F.

we are averaging a high of 68 F w/fucking rain. There is morning dew on our cars (even when not raining, man) at what is supposed to be the hottest time of the year.

:-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:49 AM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

45F
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:49 PM 02-03-2021
Sounds like Iowa about to get pounded again with snow and wind.

prayers
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:11 PM 02-03-2021
I'd love to get a foot of wet snow.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:14 PM 02-03-2021
https://www.weather.gov/
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:08 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Sounds like Iowa about to get pounded again with snow and wind.

prayers
Blizzard warning starts tomorrow and goes through Friday morning. FML
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:24 AM 02-04-2021
Blizzard warning starts tomorrow and goes through Friday morning. FML
Went from wet at 2 to white at 2:45 here. Didn't ice though. Got a couple inches of snow and wind.
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:34 PM 02-04-2021
Still snowing like crazy here in NE Iowa.
Forget about even trying to keep up with shoveling or plowing because the wind is at 30mph. Not looking forward to going home from work because that's when the physical work begins. Plow, Shovel and get all my heating wood to my elevated house on the lake/river.
Soooo ready for sand between my toes.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:26 PM 02-04-2021
Just started dumping snow here in Chicago.

Glad I used the rare sunny day yesterday to shovel my Jeep out from the foot and a half already on the ground to hit the liquor store for the weekend.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:28 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Just started dumping snow here in Chicago.

Glad I used the rare sunny day yesterday to shovel my Jeep out from the foot and a half already on the ground and get to the liquor store for the weekend.

That is so foreign to me, it's like trying to learn atomic physics. I can understand the concept, I just can't see it in my head.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:31 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That is so foreign to me, it's like trying to learn atomic physics. I can understand the concept, I just can't see it in my head.
Me neither. I always keep my booze properly stocked.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:26 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Let me help

Front door cam Sunday

Front gate cam today

Me having a beer in my backyard just now because thats the only way we survive this god forsaken climate

[Reply]
Page 4 of 53
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up