ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 53
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****All Things Weather 2021*****
displacedinMN 06:52 PM 01-31-2021
Talk about, report, and complain about weather here. It does not matter where you live. Talk about what you got. Snow, wind, hail, storms, virga, meatballs. Give information about what city is close to you. Pics are great too.

This map can be used by anyone and moved to your area. It is customizable for you and gives a lot of information.

Live storm chasers videos https://www.severestudios.com/livechase/
Windy radar map https://www.windy.com/
Live lightning map https://map.blitzortung.org/#1/52/8
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:31 AM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
One of my friends lives in the area of Naperville where the tornado initially dropped. They had some relatively minor damage to the house and lost a good-sized tree, but were just to the west of the area that really got hit hard.
Naperword
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:39 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
45 degrees at leech lake this morning
My one and only Leech Lake experience was after a strong storm front went through.

Fishing was awful, I'll never go back.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:40 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
We drove through this one before it fired up the tornado. My daughter was driving because I was inebriated and I was watching the circulation tighten on radar behind us most of the way home.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:43 PM 06-21-2021
The best part of this weekend is that the pond that was destroyed by the derecho last summer is now broken again, leaking everywhere, and I can't fix it. Probably going to have to fill it in before I end up dropping 10 grand in it.

And we looked at a house in NC yesterday right after it came on the market. Within 2 hours they had 13 offers and were making a decision within FOUR HOURS of listing.

I don't normally like to do this on Chiefsplanet but I'm dangerously close to starting a "talk me off the ledge" thread. I'm fucking bottoming out here.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:46 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The best part of this weekend is that the pond that was destroyed by the derecho last summer is now broken again, leaking everywhere, and I can't fix it. Probably going to have to fill it in before I end up dropping 10 grand in it.

And we looked at a house in NC yesterday right after it came on the market. Within 2 hours they had 13 offers and were making a decision within FOUR HOURS of listing.

I don't normally like to do this on Chiefsplanet but I'm dangerously close to starting a "talk me off the ledge" thread. I'm fucking bottoming out here.
Buying a house right now is like being the only guy at a concentration camp with a sandwich...
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:50 PM 06-21-2021
My one and only Leech Lake experience was after a strong storm front went through.

Fishing was awful, I'll never go back.
I remember you saying that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:55 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Buying a house right now is like being the only guy at a concentration camp with a sandwich...
Yep.

Should have moved years ago but things didn't get really bad until here recently.

Hence why I'm needing to be talked off a ledge. It almost feels like I'm being cosmically punished. It's just a string of never-ending bad luck.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:40 PM 06-21-2021

Can’t stop laughing at this https://t.co/Mal6Bws58t

— Jim Tang (@wxmann) June 21, 2021

[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:05 PM 06-23-2021

As T-storms develop through the evening across central & northern #NE, strong winds (with gusts up to 80 mph possible) and large hail will be the primary threats. For the latest warning information follow @NWSNorthPlatte pic.twitter.com/YYYReyabQu

— NWS Storm Prediction Center (@NWSSPC) June 23, 2021

[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:50 PM 06-23-2021

Thunderstorm development along the cold front may pose a risk for isolated damaging winds early this evening across northeast North Dakota into northwest Minnesota. A greater threat may evolve with additional storm development near sunset. https://t.co/fUIjW6Pgm1

— National Weather Service (@NWS) June 23, 2021

[Reply]
Buehler445 06:08 PM 06-23-2021

Fuck it. Just rent for awhile.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:13 PM 06-23-2021

We're about to close and competed with nobody. Offer accepted in 24 hours.

Try to land a realtor with better connections that can get you a property before it goes public.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:14 AM 06-24-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
We're about to close and competed with nobody. Offer accepted in 24 hours.

Try to land a realtor with better connections that can get you a property before it goes public.
We've been through SIX realtors already. We're house shopping in a market that's 1200 miles away.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:16 AM 06-24-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Fuck it. Just rent for awhile.
There's a shortage of rental properties too.

The guy I talked to this weekend in southern NC said in a normal year (even this time last year, in the middle of COVID) they carry about 3 months of inventory, rental and buy, at any given time - about 1500 properties.

He said currently there are 485 properties available in his area, for sale or rent.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:20 AM 06-24-2021
Score one more for the upper midwest's weather...

After a late snow melt and 3 months of virtually no rain at all, most of the untilled ground around here resembles hardened concrete. Repeated rounds of strong-to-severe storms that started Sunday afternoon will continue through this coming Sunday and we're being advised that it could lead to widespread flooding due to rapid runoff.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 53
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up